Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Please I Need Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Advice (604 Views)

For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice / I Need Advice On Career Change From Medicine To Management Consulting / Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
I am a young graduate of Engineering in my mid twenties. I finished with a 2'1 and have about 1 year working experience in Telecommunications.

January this year, I was placed on redundancy in my workplace with no pay as a result of contract issues; the job I was doing before was a contract job.

Since then, I have searched for jobs; both Graduate Trainee jobs and also a few with the experience I already have.Unfortunately, I have not been able to secure a decent job.

As a graduate of Engineering, my interest lies in Telecoms/IT or Academia. My long term career plan would be working either as a professional engineer or lecturing.

I have made several attempts to pursue a Masters degree overseas on scholarship but none has been successful so far. I even decided to do my masters here in Nigeria, but I'm being constrained financially as my background is very humble.

I recently got an offer with a Microfinance bank as a marketer. The actual pay for the job I don't know yet but I know it's not much.

I am really confused right now. This Microfinance bank job is completely out of my career plans and also the pay is not even much. Moreso, personally I don't like marketing jobs and don't even think I'm suitable for the job as I stammer slightly.

Please guys, advise me on this; should I take this Microfinance bank job?
Re: Please I Need Advice by andymofia(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
yes, take the MFB job. Marketing jobs actually gives you time and opportunity to meet people. Use the time wisely, while you market the bank's products, market yourself and your CV.

You never can tell, you could bag your dream job in the process.

Goodluck
Re: Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
andymofia:
yes, take the MFB job. Marketing jobs actually gives you time and opportunity to meet people. Use the time wisely, while you market the bank's products, market yourself and your CV.

You never can tell, you could bag your dream job in the process.

Goodluck

It's not as easy as you make it seem. I detest marketing jobs.

Thanks all the same.
Re: Please I Need Advice by olenime(m): 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Guess it better than sitting at Home, if only u got other plans!

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Vacancies At Mainone / It’s Time To Let Go Of The ‘all Or Nothing’ Mindset / Jose Mourinho Sack: A Few Lessons To Take Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.