Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. (67465 Views)

‘My Wife Is Killing Me With Having Too Many Children, She Bears Them Like Rats’ / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House / My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Everything you are about to read is absolutely true. I seriously need your advice on this issue before I do something I will regret

. I completed my academic recently and I traveled to my uncle's house, on his invitation to look for a job. My mother was against my journey to my uncle's house because she knew that his wife is going to cause me a lot of trouble. I didn't listen to her because I believe I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself in any unfavourable condition.

With great excitement, I arranged my things and headed straight for the longest journey of my life. We travelled for about 9-10hrs! I've never traveled that long. I got to my destination without any stress..

Don't let me bore you with a long story. Ever since I got here, it's been from one trouble to another with my uncle's wife. She complains about everything I do. If I touch anything in the house, she will surely has something bad to say about it. She's so over censorious about anything that concerns me in the house. Sometimes when I'm watching a programme on TV, she will just come and switch it off or change the channel. There are 3 functioning TV in the house but it's the one I'm watching that she likes tampering with.

There was a day she repeated the same thing and I became angry. I couldn't take it that day so I told her about what she's doing. She told me what I will never forget in a hurry that day. She said 'This is my house and I can do and undo'. I was angry that day and I talked back at her. She reported me to my uncle that day. I apologised to her without countering any of her lies because I don't want to disrespect my uncle by arguing with his wife at his presence.

She's been doing a lot of things to provoke me in the house but I always keep quiet. She's a very good liar and a troublemaker. She does all these things when her husband is not around and I don't want to report her to her husband because it's going to look as if I'm bringing trouble into the family. Please, I need your advice. How can I live peacefully with the woman?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by HungerBAD: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
I always tell men one thing.

Never go to any home you are related to the man to stay, you will have problems. People that are related to the wive's usually have a smooth sail.

514 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
Some women tend to be aggressive when they are in love or Lust with their inferiors. Try Seducing her and killing her D*** style. Thats why i keep my distance from Family. I can choose Friends but Not Family undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by StPete: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
There's practically little u can do to live peacefully with her or change her as it is. Your best bet is to leave the house and do your job hunt elsewhere. When you succeed, I bet she would be the first to start saying nice words and stuff

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
My Uncle's Wife coming out soon. Grab Your Copy!!

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by coolestrogue(m): 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
Take your worries to God almighty, He alone can see you through. There is nothing lalasticlala and ishilove can do, the best they can do is to take this to the front-page.

What you passing through is just a little of what Joseph in the Bible went through, read that portion of the Bible and find hope.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
coolestrogue:
Take your worries to God almighty, He alone can see you through. There is nothing lalasticlala and ishilove can do, the best they can do is to take this to the front-page.

What you passing through is just a little of what Joseph in the Bible went through, read that portion of the Bible and find hope.
hmmm... Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by pretydiva(f): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
D only advice I ve 4 u is 2 leave dat house asap,b4 u land urself in a bigger mess

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by coolestrogue(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
pretydiva:
D only advice I ve 4 u is 2 leave dat house asap,b4 u land urself in a bigger mess
Move to where?

6 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by angieberry(f): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
She's actually right, it's her husband's house so she can do and undo, so you have no choice than to adhere to her rules. She obviously doesn't feel Comfortable with your presence in her house that's why she's acting up, and it will look very wrong if you keep complaining about her or reporting her. If you can't tolerate her behavior, you should probably leave that house. To live peacefully with her, you should get ready to swallow a lot of shit and I don't know if you're ready to do that.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by TooNoisy(f): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Young man, she doesn't want you in her house. You should have listened to your mother and not gone there. My advice is either you quietly accept anything she throws at you or you leave her house. End of story.

You either take it or leave! No bargaining

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by drake2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
hor=HungerBAD post=36128420]I always tell men one thing.

Never go to any home you are related to the man to stay, you will have problems. People that are related to the wive's usually have a smooth sail.

[/quote]

You got it so right. I lived with two blood brothers not uncles in lagos and abuja. Their wives were so so wicked. They would not cook on time, wouldn't even give you when they did. If they did, na old soup them go give you.

Was a hellish experience, but thank God for admission to the university. Another annoying thing, your confused brothers will never believe you.

I have since regrettably lost my eldest brother and I am in charge of the kids at the moment. The stupid woman is currently living in poverty with one hustler in madalla zuba now.

What a nolstagic evocation this your post got me into. But nevermind, I am stable now. Thanks

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by zed7: 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
It's a pity u are living with a difficult woman. Try and record your conversations. Someday u may need it to vindicate yourself. For now, try and keep calm.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Kimoni: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you have a room to yourself? Focus on Ur job search.

Spend more time in your room (Internet) or on the street looking for a job

If it gets too uncomfortable, pls leave to your mother's house

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
angieberry:
She's actually right, it's her husband's house so she can do and undo, so you have no choice than to adhere to her rules. She obviously doesn't feel Comfortable with your presence in her house that's why she's acting up, and it will look very wrong if you keep complaining about her or reporting her. If you can't tolerate her behavior, you should probably leave that house. To live peacefully with her, you should get ready to swallow a lot of shit and I don't know if you're ready to do that.
I don't expect such actions from a woman who once lived in our house peacefully without any problems. A good Christian that she claims to be should never do things like this.

18 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by drake2(m): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
angieberry:

I advice that you dont get yourself involved in such short sightedness. You and your husband (God forbids though) can loose the so called house and everything in a jiffy. Imagine that!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Kx: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
If u don't leave now on ur own, expect to leave by force with accusations of attempting to sllep with ur uncles wife hanging over ur name.

Staying in the village with mum while u network ur contacts on fone wherever to get a job is better than d indefinite and unappreciated house help u have signed for.

16 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by mrwonlasewonie: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
You better get a house of your own ASAP otherwise you'll continue getting disrespected. It's her house just like she rightly said. You don't know whether her and your uncle paid 50/50 house rent to warrant that statement. Afterall na you go their house them no invite you.

Go and get a place to stay have your privacy and respect and stop this entitlement mentality of its my uncle's house.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by mrwonlasewonie: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Kx:
If u don't leave now on ur own, expect to leave by force with accusations of attempting to sllep with ur uncles wife hanging over ur name.

Staying in the village with mum while u network ur contacts on fone wherever to get a job is better than d indefinite and unappreciated house help u have signed for.
gringringringringringringringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Yustash001(m): 8:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
If I were you...I would just report her to my uncle...and if my uncle turns deaf ears...I'll pack my things and leave his house..

8 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by cococandy(f): 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
No you can't live peacefully with her.
Just hurry and get a job and move out Biko.
She's obviously troublesome.
If you even have another place to stay while you search for a job, move there.
Before someone will say you're scattering their marriage because that's what reporting her to her husband will be like.

Maybe she did not approve of your stay to start with and your uncle went ahead to invite you over.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by KanwuliaJara: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Then what are you still doing there? undecided
If you are not welcome, LEAVE!!!!!
Simple!!!! kiss

10 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Adaahjacob(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
1st of all, this sounds like those nollywood movies which features Mama G and Osofia.
2nd of all, disobeying ur mum by not listening to her advise alone has landed u in deep shit to regret.
3rd of all, why should a grown man like u go sit in his uncle's plc?
4th of all, young man get ur ass together and go hustle in d street, are u a learner?

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Richie0974: 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by DankemzI(m): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
You can't and won't please her! When someone hates you do heaven & earth, they'll still demand for your head.
If you don't believe ask GEJ & North......
Best bet.....
You didn't go for holidays, don't sit and watch tv go out in the streets even if you're not yet working once it's time your uncle comes back from work head back home

13 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by SlimBrawnie(f): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Just pray for direction and wisdom... Not easy living in someone else's house.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. by Jamean(f): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hahaha! cheesy

I just laughed because I am experiencing similar thing. Had to move to my uncle's house for proximity to work. It has not been a pleasant experience, in fact this night she sent the cook to tell me that if I come later than 9pm kitchen has closed.

Hehe! Fuuuck your food, I care less. Not when my mum & colleagues force me to eat.

The woman answers my greeting with her nose, utter words loosely, will tell the cook to not keep me dinner (how many I dey chop sef) and all, yet I never challenged her or told my uncle. But I made peace with myself 2 months ago that she can't make me unhappy.

I anticipated her attitude before coming but my dad insisted. Right now I have given her the space she needs, don't even light her cooking gas or watch TV. I am just solo and it makes sense.

All this is for a time, I won't be here forever. So OP respect your self, no be your papa house, women can be very funny. Not watching TV or enjoying other things won't kill you.

BTW, my uncle is such a pleasant angel.

82 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What is This Small Boy Trying To Do??(photo) / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.