Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job (2186 Views)

An 80 Year Old Man Graduates From Law School - 'amazing' / Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by queenfav(f): 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Imagine you graduate with a distinction from UK Uni &
get offered N50k job in Nigeria
This man shared the sad reality of some
individuals who travel abroad to study and come
home to a salary that can barely keep you going
for a week. He talked about a friend who
graduated with distinction in Masters from a UK
University only for him to be offered a N50,000 a
month job when he came back to Nigeria.see his tweets below.
Cc:lalasticlala

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
sad
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
grin
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by NeduLuiZ(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
Welcome home bro grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Ahmed0336(m): 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
Keep calm,This is Nigeria!!!!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by bigtt76(f): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
You did not get Masters to begin search for jobs. Rather you got the masters to enhance your already acquired skills to help you perform better at your job as an experienced hire and not new entrant. If you spend millions nko? Why you nor invest am in creating employment? e Just de like those people for Lekki wey buy land 200 million and after building still expect government to do their roads and give them constant power supply grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by queenfav(f): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
Una just dey book space?
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
And here I am receiving 25k as an intern and complaining, but then again which UK university did this guy go to. Maybe he went to one of those pure water UK universities and expecting the employers to roll out the red carpet for him.

1 Like

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Luizkid(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
He beta take it or take d next flight to the Uk n work there...This is naija, where u skool don't count
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by AjanleKoko: 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
Well, the dude should shine his eyes. Na so UK-born masters grads dey find work for the same UK.
No be only Nigeria e dey happen. See some lovely articles below:

Don't bother applying for job without 2:1 degree, say bosses as 80% admit they turn down all graduates without qualification

Got a good degree? Great – now go and work in a shop

All UK oh. Our guy should hang in there, he has a good degree, and he just needs to stay in the game, take the 50k job for experience even. Quitting isn't an option.

2 Likes

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Yustash001(m): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 22, 2015
He should manage.
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by nurexfutmx(m): 6:06am On Jul 22, 2015
When my sister finished her masters from prestigious Queen's mary University.....she got a 30k job, took the offer....after working for less than a year or two, she finally got a very good offer now earning around 400-500k a month on one of these big investment banks.

So, my advice for anybodg in this situation is to manage the salary and bank on the experience, afterall the friend is from a rich home so he shouldnt be worried about the salary but experienxe for now pending till he gets something bigger.

My advice though

4 Likes

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by esere826: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
AjanleKoko:
Well, the dude should shine his eyes. Na so UK-born masters grads dey find work for the same UK.
No be only Nigeria e dey happen. See some lovely articles below:

Don't bother applying for job without 2:1 degree, say bosses as 80% admit they turn down all graduates without qualification

Got a good degree? Great – now go and work in a shop

All UK oh. Our guy should hang in there, he has a good degree, and he just needs to stay in the game, take the 50k job for experience even. Quitting isn't an option.

grin
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by esere826: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
nurexfutmx:
When my sister finished her masters from prestigious Queen's mary University.....she got a 30k job, took the offer....after working for less than a year or two, she finally got a very good offer now earning around 400-500k a month on one of these big investment banks.

So, my advice for anybodg in this situation is to manage the salary and bank on the experience, afterall the friend is from a rich home so he shouldnt be worried about the salary but experienxe for now pending till he gets something bigger.

My advice though

was the money in Naira or pounds?
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by AjanleKoko: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2015
nurexfutmx:

My advice though

A sensible piece of advice wink

2 Likes

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by obioraval(m): 9:19am On Jul 23, 2015
Na wa oh. What's the point of a Masters to begin with? We too like certificate for Nigeria. Then it also depends on what the guy studied.
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Tinyemeka(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
queenfav:

Crap.

Anybody can get a Masters.

Masters in what course? Philosophy? Parasitology and Entomology?
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Pidggin(f): 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
If he accepts the 50K job now, will it hinder his progress in life? It's still better than nothing. No one will know what he is earning until he says it, so what's the big deal, abeggi.

1 Like

Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2015
queenfav:
Half bread is better than none. He ought 2 av invested d moni he used 4 his msc.
Re: Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job by Acegoals: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2015
Wow! This is sad!

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of Cv Based SL Declined On My Dangote Refinery Application Status? / ICAN Study Centre In Asaba / Where Can Agricultural Engineer Work In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.