Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (24194 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Oya,do fast and lock this thread and needle!

Gimme the key when U throughtongue

Now,be a good boy and tell me Ur State of Orgingrin
Houston in Texas how many times!
angry
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Houston in Texas how many times!
angry
Ok na,dem form Texas for there...

When Jamb land U admission into UniMaiduguri Ur eyes go neatcheesy
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
Houston in Texas how many times! angry
lol
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
lmao grin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by markemordi(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

hmmmmmmmm.....
thanks for this info
You are welcome
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
But seriously, Foreigners are not required to write PUTME...its the Law of Jamb.
They are given automatic Admission after passing Jamb wink
I saw it in the presentation file I downloaded.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2015
so erm *clears throat* can we now close this case or ?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2015
Ada96:
so erm *clears throat* can we now close this case or ?
holdd on...lemme get an official press statement from jamb, or a reply to my mail then i'll call the mods to close it.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
holdd on...lemme get an official press statement from jamb, or a reply to my mail then i'll call the mods to close it.
okay ...
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 10:06am On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by UniqueGem(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2015
Okay now i think i understand you, Due to the fact that Unilag remains the only school to have publicly annouced this policy you find it hard to believe right? Okay i understand that feeling.... Now lets look at this. [quote author=RobinHez post=36145424]
here is where am feeling somehow...

what other Universities?
Okay i believe you're missing something, according to various reports you, me and every other person interested have been reading since yesterday, i think some if not all of us have deduced that only stipulated amount of schools are affected(reports has it that its 5)(Unilag, OAU, Unilorin, Uniben and some other 1) now this universities are Federal universities, and out of the lot, only Unilag have released the POST UTME form thereby stating/implementing this policy. So i think when other affected schools release their forms this effect will take place, lets relax.
the ones that have already released results of their CBT test or the ones that dont have an information concerning this policy.
Point of correction, the schools that have conducted their CBT exams are basically private schools with the examption of one or two state schools(kwasu i'm sure of) Now this schools are privates and states who barely have up to 8,000 candidates every year, now how can they implement this policy when they barely have enough candidate? The policy will only be implemented by most federal schools who have insanely high number of candidate, imagine unilorin with over 100,000 candidates jostling for slots not up to 15,000. You see? Over 80,000 candidates will end up displace, i'm not taking sides with jamb neither i'm i playing the devils advocate, i'm just trying to let you see things from their view. To me i believe jamb mean good, but in a bad way. Now is just the 'wrongest' time for this new policy. The school you claim don't know of this policy are the school who are not in anyway affected because they don't have unimaginable number of candidates, so they let the news slide.

i went to Ilorin's admission requirement page for engineering students...
http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/admission-requirements

nothing there...
Wait till when their form is out.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2015
UniqueGem:
Okay now i think i understand you, Due to the fact that Unilag remains the only school to have publicly annouced this policy you find it hard to believe right? Okay i understand that feeling.... Now lets look at this.
hmm...thanks bro for ur contribution.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by UniqueGem(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
hmm...thanks bro for ur contribution.
Anytime
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by markemordi(m): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2015
UniqueGem:
Okay now i think i understand you, Due to the fact that Unilag remains the only school to have publicly annouced this policy you find it hard to believe right? Okay i understand that feeling.... Now lets look at this.
Is not only unilag MOUA in Abia state just brought their postume form and said only those jamb said they are eligible will write their exam
Source:http://mouauportal.edu.ng/news-detail.php?nid=72
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by UniqueGem(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2015
markemordi:

Is not only unilag MOUA in Abia state just brought their postume form and said only those jamb said they are eligible will write their exam
Yeah, just saw it too.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Young03(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Unn, abeg no try am oo

b4 i kill person
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by CuteMaryJ: 11:20am On Jul 22, 2015
markemordi:

Even unilorin
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
UniqueGem:
Anytime
look, what I'm really concerned about is this.
[size=13pt]What is the criteria for selecting students?
Is it random? Score based? Or based on the competition of courses?

Knowledge is power in this case.[/size]
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Genea(f): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
This is serious o.

francistony, is this true?
its not true,my broda didn't change yet he can't print his pay advice,ryt now a protest is going on
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Genea:
its not true,my broda didn't change yet he can't print his pay advice,ryt now a protest is going on
what is his course and score?

Robinhez, I'm looking for a PDF file that contains the number of candidates that applied for each course in this year. Do you have a link for that?

Lemme see if I can solve this. angry
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Genea(f): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:

Robinhez, I'm looking for a PDF file that contains the number of candidates that applied for each course in this year. Do you have a link for that?

mechanical engineering, he scored 221
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Genea:
not bad . . .
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:

http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme1/checkinstitutionstatisitics.aspx

Keep me posted on ur findings
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme1/checkinstitutionstatisitics.aspx

Keep me posted on ur findings
Thanks . . . after running through, I think they selected based on a top percentage. Also, it seems they selected based on age. Not all the people that wrote jamb for unilag this year will be fifteen by October 31.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
Thanks . . . after running through, I think they selected based on a top percentage. Also, it seems they selected based on age. Not all the people that wrote jamb for unilag this year will be fifteen by October 31.
And is the % of under-16 a large one?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Genea:
he will be above sixteen by October 31. right?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

And is the % of under-16 a large one?
true. You're right.
Hence, I'm sticking with top percentage selection.

Note that roughly 60 000 students applied to unilag. And roughly 9000 was accepted. that is exactly fifteen percent!

Methinks they simply selected the top 15-16% of each course.

For those people complaining that they got high scores and were not selected, I want to know their scores. The fact that someone got a low score and was accepted simply means that he/she is among the top 15 percent. Perhaps that course is notorious for having low scorers.

Another point to consider is the earlier announcement made by jamb that the ratio of admission would be 60:40 in favour of science and 70:30 in favour of technology. That should be looked into. Perhaps greater percentages were selected im technical courses. For instance, they might have selected top 25% in mechanical engineering and top 15% in microbiology.

This is my submission so far. Genea, take note of this.

meanwhile, I will continue to investigate with the data I can find.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
true. You're right.
Hence, I'm sticking with top percentage selection.

Note that roughly 60 000 students applied to unilag. And roughly 9000 was accepted. that is exactly fifteen percent!

Methinks they simply selected the top 15-16% of each course.

For those people complaining that they got high scores and were not selected, I want to know their scores. The fact that someone got a low score and was accepted simply means that he/she is among the top 15 percent. Perhaps that course is notorious for having low scorers.

Another point to consider is the earlier announcement made by jamb that the ratio of admission would be 60:40 in favour of science and 70:30 in favour of technology. That should be looked into. Perhaps greater percentages were selected im technical courses. For instance, they might have selected top 25% in mechanical engineering and top 15% in microbiology.

This is my submission so far. Genea, take note of this.

meanwhile, I will continue to investigate with the data I can find.
Wow! Good work bro...

This was why I needed this thread...
Go to the first page, download dat PPTX file I gave, u'd find more than enough info...especially concerning the Technology:Non technology ish.

Thanks for this.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Wow! Good work bro...

This was why I needed this thread...
Go to the first page, download dat PPTX file I gave, u'd find more than enough info...especially concerning the Technology:Non technology ish.

Thanks for this.
thanks. I will make sure I download that too. smiley
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
thanks. I will make sure I download that too. smiley
Good.

Remember to publish ur findings here..twill help someone.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
So how do we know the institution we are moved to?

Hey, pls kindly notify me wen u find out the means of knwin the institution uve bin transfered to. Thanks
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Good.

Remember to publish ur findings here..twill help someone.
yeah, I will. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 3 Universities In Nigeria By THE 2019: Key Statistics, Breakdown Performance / JAMB Arrests 149 Candidates For UTME Fraud / African Charity Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.