Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (24197 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Venus007(f): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy, u're absolutely right dear! The problem isnt distributing aspirants, it is choosing the schl 4 d aspirants. I totally see d sense in d system. If u give them a list of schls to choose 4rm, that's diffrnt. They cnt jst shove d new system dwn our throats without proper insight. After saying d general C/O should be 180, they cum nd do this. Is it right or proper? Mind you, itsnt jst Borno dat isnt safe, d whole North isnt! Dyu think no 1 will be transferrd to d North? We both knw dats impossible hun.
blueto:
logically insightful.

God bless this sumtpuous mind
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
umbotombara:
Abeg Jare.... let us hear word... Jamb this.., Jamb That.... If u need help passing jamb, buzz me... umbotombara@yahoo.com
smh ...
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
From what I'm hearing, the only way is by going to Jamb's office.

Ok thanks, hope aint stressing u though?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
SAPEDRO:
please allow me to make a little contribution to this, OAU has started selling her post utme scratch cards about four days ago, and so far there hasn't been any ineligibility case that I know of.But the situation is that unlike before when you just have to put in your reg number and then all your data will be retrieved as it is on JAMB database including your score, you now have to input them yourself now with the e-portal telling you that JAMB is yet to send your details. But so far, people have been doing their registration without any hiccup, with the exam slated to hold on August 8.
that means it would be effected na
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by fruitfulBROTHER(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
sunnyeinstein:
Even afta all dis, one senator go call one VC and say "the boy/girl must be admitted" and the VC go say "yes honorable senator".....

And na dis same JAMB go giv am admission letter ooo... yeye people.

All the graph na wash abeg! Hogwash!!!! angry angry angry angry undecided undecided
dont mind them....well, i think naija is for the rich. THATS WHY AM AM TRYING MY BEST TO BE RICH. tomorow i will be that senator
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
fruitfulBROTHER:

dont mind them....well, i think naija is for the rich. THATS WHY AM AM TRYING MY BEST TO BE RICH. tomorow i will be that senator
waoh man . . . shouldn't you use your money to reverse what the senator is doing? Instead of joining him?
Waoh . . . then what makes you better than the corrupt senator?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
waoh man . . . shouldn't you use your money to reverse what the senator is doing? Instead of joining him?
Thank u
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
but, pratically speaking, how possibly can you reverse the culpable act in this Nigeria?

Don't mention the Tribunal.
Nigeria tribunals have lost thier impeccable intergrity.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Rjasan:
that means it would be effected na
that jamb is yet to send any details to the school,but people have been registering.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by SirBlack999(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:
Wait till the 27th of this Month sir. smiley
sir,what of oau?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Venus007(f): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2015
On d other hand, a reason why I think it may not affect UNIBEN is because of d way she computes her aggregate. She divides JAMB by 8 nd adds it to ur PUME score divided by 2. So ur aggregate depends on both ur PUME nd UME score. But Unilag on d other hand uses jst PUME nd WAEC/NECO. So ur JAMB score dosnt matter at all, unlike in UNIBEN whr ur JAMB score gives u a raise. Nd u could see scores lyk 246 in JAMB nd 52 in PUME wouldnt get their desired course while 222 nd 72 would get it. So evry1 has an equal chance of raising their aggreg8 by killing PUME, OAU applies this too. But in UNILAG, its jst a pure battle of PUME survival, evn UI too. Its jst an assumptn tho.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by soundtruth(m): 8:17am On Jul 23, 2015
Venus007:
On d other hand, a reason why I think it may not affect UNIBEN is because of d way she computes her aggregate. She divides JAMB by 8 nd adds it to ur PUME score divided by 2. So ur aggregate depends on both ur PUME nd UME score. But Unilag on d other hand uses jst PUME nd WAEC/NECO. So ur JAMB score dosnt matter at all, unlike in UNIBEN whr ur JAMB score gives u a raise. Nd u could see scores lyk 246 in JAMB nd 52 in PUME wouldnt get their desired course while 222 nd 72 would get it. So evry1 has an equal chance of raising their aggreg8 by killing PUME, OAU applies this too. But in UNILAG, its jst a pure battle of PUME survival, evn UI too. Its jst an assumptn tho.

an attempt at consoling yourself, oau and otuoke are just making money of students, any university that asks you to input your details is just scamming you because it is only those whose details are on the jamb printout that will be admitted. Others will just write score high and will be told don't worry another list is coming out.
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2015
SirBlack999:
sir,what of oau?
according to the Putme advert file i got, there is no indication of OAU going with the policy.

check the attached file below.

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

according to the Putme advert file i got, there is no indication of OAU going with the policy.

check the attached file below.

erm plz wats oau's web site n were exactly did u see that the form is out....plz gimme d link
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2015
Ada96:

erm plz wats oau's web site n were exactly did u see that the form is out....plz gimme d link
http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng/

http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng/postume0.php

#goodmorning
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng/

http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng/postume0.php

#goodmorning
morning
so I just formed a reg number n typed it in...n I was able to proceed to the next stage
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Ada96:

morning
so I just formed a reg number n typed it in...n I was able to proceed to the next stage
indicating...no usage of the policy from OAU wink
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

u tryna say anybdy can apply? I just formed the reg number... u know...u don't understand wah dat means do u?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2015
Ada96:

u tryna say anybdy can apply? I just formed the reg number... u know...
babe...here are the requirements
2015 POST-UTME AND DIRECT ENTRY SCREENING EXERCISE
The 2015 Post-UTME Screening Exercise of Obafemi Awolowo University will take place on Saturday, August 8, 2015 by 12.00noon in various
Centres at Ile-Ife. All candidates are expected to be seated, latest, by 11.00 a.m.
Candidates who chose Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and who scored 200 or above in the last UTME are eligible to participate in the screening
exercise. Also, Direct Entry candidates who chose Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife as their 1st or 2nd choice are to register and come for the screening
exercise on the same date.
All candidates should register on-line on eportal.oauife.edu.ng or www.oauife.edu.ng. To register, each candidate will require a scratch card available at a
sum of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira only (N3, 500.00) from any of the under-listed Banks and locations

no sane person would go and buy a scratch card for a school he never registered for in Jamb...the main koko is the scratch card.
and from the above statement, did u see any mention of 'new policy'?
i might be wrong tho...lemme go scout theri full website.

#am coming
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

Or they'll just use the "JAMB never sent your data so you're ineligible" thing as an excuse after people waste their money buying the form. Why else would their registration be open to everyone?

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2015
SouffleX:

Or they'll just use the "JAMB never sent your data so you're ineligible" thing as an excuse after people waste their money buying the form. Why else would their registration be open to everyone?
exactly!
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Pukka36(f): 9:02am On Jul 23, 2015
SouffleX:

Nigeria is heading to the rock! Jamb is just helping these schools defraud unsuspecting Nigerian students.
How on earth will OAU agree to accept 2nd choice candidates
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2015
SouffleX:

from requirements i saw here...there's no mention of that.
http://www.oauife.edu.ng/admission/undergraduate-studies/
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:
from requirements i saw here...there's no mention of that. http://www.oauife.edu.ng/admission/undergraduate-studies/
on a normal day u can't just fix in an unregistered ume no n proceed ....
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by CuteMaryJ: 9:19am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez shebi you said the protest isn't right now? Just so you know, it made headlines on the sun newspaper. Grab your copy today and read more details

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2015
Ada96:

on a normal day u can't just fix in an unregistered ume no n proceed ....
not only an unregistered number...i was able to carry on to almost last phase of registration using a fake serial number and pin.

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:26am On Jul 23, 2015
SouffleX:

i used a fake pin and i could still almost complete registration...

...u'd have to have taken OAU in JAmb to successfully register for their PUME sad
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by DrSage(m): 9:26am On Jul 23, 2015
OAU SMARTBRAINS

In an interview with an OAU admission correspondent,we are glad to inform all candidates that the JAMB policy isn't affecting OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY

In his words "as far as you scored above 200marks,you are qualified to sit for the post-utme". We hereby implore all candidates to disregard any contradicting rumour as regards the post-utme.

For more information,visit
www.fb.com/oausb
www.twitter.com/oausb

Ify Chuks
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2015
RobinHez:

not only an unregistered number...i was able to carry on to almost last phase of registration using a fake serial number and pin.

lmao ...is it okay to say their site has been hacked?
Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by RobinHez(m): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2015
Ada96:

lmao ...is it okay to say their site has been hacked?
of course not.

the thing is...they are requesting u to save ur data with them, which on a normal day would be provided on input of ur Reg. number.

more like saying, Oga no dey now, but drop ur number, when he don come, i go tell am say u come

1 Like

Re: Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" by Kennedymac(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2015
pls someone should help me clarify this issue so that people like us who scored 193 in jamb will know where we are heading to .

I choose Michael okpara university of agriculture umudike (mouau) as a choice of institution and jamb gave the cutoff mark as 180 that means am eligible to seek admission in mouau, now with the said transfer of candidates are we not affected ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 3 Universities In Nigeria By THE 2019: Key Statistics, Breakdown Performance / JAMB Arrests 149 Candidates For UTME Fraud / African Charity Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.