Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? (11020 Views)

What Management Professional Exam Is Ideal To Start With As A Banker? / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by charleff512(m): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
I work in a parastatal and going by the organizational structure I have a lot of superiors.

When it comes to social media, I believe I have a right to who I should choose and relate with as friends.

But there's this top officer that came to challenge me in my unit that I refuse to accept her friend request.

I was forced to do so. My question is, is it ideal to relate with one's boss on the social media?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by RobinHez(m): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
And he'll be like 'Hi' and u'd be like 'watsup?' lipsrsealed

*modified*

FTC..hmmm

I dedicate this spot to all the Jambites who were hit by this recent Developments....

God's on your side! cool

Cc: Venus007

14 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 22, 2015
It's wrong...it should be kept formal unless you finally become friends or at a point it became necessary to share info with you. personally, I don't like it. But hey...each to his own

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by lovemaths(f): 3:45am On Jul 22, 2015
no
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by dokunbam(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
It depend on the level of friendship

On a general note No

Nigeria Health Finder (NHF) is Nigeria’s premier online health portal providing health directory and medical appointment booking service in Nigeria. It is a central venue where consumers anywhere in Nigeria can easily find available healthcare services 24/7.

Transforming the way ‪#‎Nigerians locate, choose, book appointment with ‪#‎healthcare‬ providers

Nigeria healthcare‬ providers, get on board, make health services closer to people, lets do it together

check signature and get on board

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Kinkale(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Shoo.. Fourth to comment.. I shall get dre
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Unsad(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pele
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by onuwaje(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
No!
I won't even accept his/her request
D one we dey c for office everyday never do?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
na true sef, good question. I don dey reason am since.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Adenugay(m): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
I don't think is normal

Dr Sid's Sister Tobore Weds French Beau Photos
.>>> http://www...com/2015/07/dr-sids-sister-tobore-weds-french-beau.html
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Aitee1: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
capital NO sad
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Wrong Idea.

Keep your social media life separate from your Official issues.

Nobody tell me when i delete my Team lead and colleagues from my BBM and Social media platforms.

You'll resume on monday and hear stuff like, "You don't look good, from the pictures on your fb or from your dp, it must have been an interesting night or weekend"

14 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by kamokaze10(m): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
lovemaths:
no

No ke!!!...it's ideal jawe since u can't with the nigga face 2 face

My boss is a really annoying fella
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
You are a man, she's a woman soooooooo............... undecided Op how Retarded are you? undecided. Meanwhile my fans I am dropping my novella early due to my Reddit fans Demands and Time difference. Catch it on Reddit or NAiraLanD 1:30pm GMT-5 cool
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Beno3: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
ok
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by damiloladuke: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
nothing bad in that

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY HILARIOUS PERSONAL DIARY
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by bigv(m): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yeah altho it depends on the nature of the job tho.

Like if you're in the ICT Industry, you can keep up with your boss via various social media channels and vice-versa. Especially when you guys are into Internet and brand marketing and the likes.

But you can't be on an offshore rig, and you holla at your boss and say 'Oga Maduka you won't believe what I'm seeing. I just saw a big whale while you're supposed to be concentrated on your subsea welding.
You will just come back to meet your sack letter

8 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by samobaba(m): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Depend on the organization, some company relates more in department through social media like whatsapp to discuss important company issues by creating a group and adding the concerned people on the platform to discuss some specific job issues.
undecided

CARES NOT ME
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by PubLlcEnemy(m): 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
charleff512:
I work in a parastatal and going by the organizational structure I have a lot of superiors.
When it comes to social media, I believe I have a right to who I should choose and relate with as friends.
But there's this top officer that came to challenge me in my unit that I refuse to accept her friend request.
I was forced to do so. My question is, is it ideal to relate with one's boss on the social media?

What's wrong with you relating with them? Are you an anti-social guy?

Well personally I don't like it... I am a bit of a weird person though and I don't think there is another like me in this world so I can't tell you not to. But I think you should accept them and engage in conversations becos this could in the long run be give a bit more job security than if you aren't involved. Even if you aren't comfortable with it, you should go ahead with it, sometimes you just have to do these things. Even if you don't like it.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by DankemzI(m): 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
Capital Wrong!
Except you're not in the same unit or dept. With the said Boss
That moment you update your funky & crazy status and your Boss comments WTF?
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by drkay(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
NO!
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by megamank(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Its ur own prerogative to choose who u think u should. He never threatened you to accept him he just asked u to,......count your self lucky that one of ur bosses in bur office is begging u to accept his friendship request. Thats to say he or she likes you as a friend.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by FRANCISEKE1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
I call my boss on whattsap and dicuss our daily strategy on social media
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by Joniboi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
See me see trouble ooh. The Lady in question probably wants to be monitoring your activities on the social media.

If I were in your shoes, I will just smile and move on. I choose who are my friends on social media and not the other way round.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by AlchemistDean(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmmmmmm......Sorry were you Talkin' to me?..... undecided
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by yvesboss(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
tr
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by idbami2(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
Your boss could be your friend too.. So, why ntt?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by steppin: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
Don't mind the officer...na monitoring spirit.
Re: Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? by jaybee3(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hell da fvck No!

That's your private space and you had better reject all monitoring spirit in ya life

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace By Johnspeak Uwangue / Ascon Oil Company Recruitment / Niger Governor Increases Workers’ Salaries, Employs 400

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.