Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,425 members, 7,781,241 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended (34513 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Afam4eva(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion.

If indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether.

I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by likila: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Is Jim Ovia a criminal?

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by mmrius(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion. if indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether. I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

This motion is seconded. It is high time Mr. President brought order and common sense to Nigeria and Nigerians. Deliberate disrespect for the rule of law and impunity has become the order of the day.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
likila:
Is Jim Ovia a criminal?
Jim Ovia is not a Fulani.

173 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Mynd44: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
If Buhari makes any move to suspend/fire Emefiele today, it will be turned into a political/tribal affair.

But yes, I agree he should go. Not only because of this but he has not seem to be efficient enough in his position as CBN governor

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by fastguy10: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Honestly speaking I regret been a Nigerian
God 4bid in my next world I will be a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin

24 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Decibel: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Opposition ruling party knows that Jim Ovia knows in and out of Apex bank with many of his moles and can act funny if Buhari dares his puppet.

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by nwaanambra1(m): 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
supported. if Emefiele is guilty of flaunting a standing order, then he should be disciplined. you don't flaunt the orders of the C-in-C angry

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by EdCure: 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Endorsed!
If Emefiele had to go to this dangerous lenght to prove his continued loyalty to Jim Ovia (and by extension, GEJ), then he is best done away with.
It is now obvious that he could be used as a mole to sabotage the economy and other key policies of this administration to please his demonic patrons.

Time to remove all vestiges of Jonathan's mediocrity, recklessness, incompetence & insubordination.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by atlwireles: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
The Chamber of commerce through, The Corporate Council on Africa hosted Buhari in DC. Before you spew your nonsense about Jim Ovia, find out if he is a member of The Corporate Council on Africa. All the indians and Arabs at the dinner last night, who invited them?

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by 1after: 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
Decibel:
Opposition ruling party knows that Jim Ovia knows in and out of Apex bank with many of his moles and can act funny if Buhari dares his puppet.

Descartes, How far

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by kettykin: 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
Government of the north, if Emefiele is suspended for bringing Jim Ovia his former boss into a high profile meeting then what happens to the people that brought in wale tinubu.

I think Emefiele did the right thing by bringing in his former boss who through his business know how grew a small bank to be the biggest in nigeria and 7th biggest in Africa . If these business men can not change nigerian business climate there is nothing American business men can do.

Buhari needs as much business men as possible, this segregation will ruin him.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by luvinhubby(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion. if indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether. I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.
Questions you've not answered -
1, Is it a crime for Jim Ovia to be present where Buhari is addressing foreign businessmen.
2, Was Jim Ovia previously booked to be in the guest list for the event by the event organisers?
3, What will Buhari tell Americans that is not good for Nigerian ears?
4, Even if Emefiele brought in Jim Ovia to the event, is there any law that says he can't do so except that Buhari said so?
5, This is a democracy & not a millitary dictatorship were one man's word becomes a law that everyone must scramble to obey.
6, Is Jim Ovia the only Nigerian businessman there?

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Afam4eva:
I'm sorry you are wrong.
There are times when we need to condemn the actions of PMB because they don't promote our country Interest.

PMB had a dinner with American businessmen and he excluded the nigeria businessmen maybe because of politics or personal reasons but what will Nigerian politicians discuss with American technocrats and businessmen when the main employers of labour in Nigeria are being sidelined.

Every foreign Investor needs a local partner to give them a detailed guideline about how to manage his investment in the country he is investing in.

Emefiele cannot be blame because we don't have every available evidence that he was the one that invited jim Ovia.

The Chief protocol officer should be sacked rather for not being able to manage the president itinenary

Before we go on, please remember that SR reported that PMB said buisnessmen shouldn't be allowed in and was also quick to use Emefiele as a scapegoat when its *Onyoko meter* detected jim Ovia. I smell set-up

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by MaziOmenuko: 11:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Supported!

He shoved aside a direct instruction from the president and this is a sign of direct disrespect.

If Ovia is deemed fit to attend the meeting, the president made available emergency contact links which was the right channel to go through if you must attend.

13 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by laplace12(m): 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

Utter rubbish.

Na so suspension easy reach?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Degis(m): 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Supported!

He shoved aside a direct instruction from the president and this is a sign of direct disrespect.

If Ovia is deemed fit to attend the meeting, the president made available emergency contact links which was the right channel to go through if you must attend.

You well so?

15 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by MaziOmenuko: 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
luvinhubby:

Questions you've not answered -
1, Is it a crime for Jim Ovia to be present where Buhari is addressing foreign businessmen.
2, Was Jim Ovia previously booked to be in the guest list for the event?
3, What will Buhari tell Americans that is not good for Nigerian ears?
4, Even if Emefiele brought in Jim Ovia to the event, is there any law that says he can't do so except that Buhari said so?
5, This is a democracy & not a millitary dictatorship were one man's word becomes a law that everyone must scramble to obey.
6, Is Jim Ovia the only Nigerian businessman there?

@1: crime or not a crime is not the issue: the issue is 'Loyalty!' Your boss said: I DON'T WANT THIS! It means you must not do it, even if your aim of doing it is to save his life, DON'T!

@2: Obviously NO, else the president won't have expressed his surprise at seeing him.

@3: inconsequential: if that is your argument, then we may as well throw decorum to the wind and invite every tom, dckk and harry with a Nigerian last name.

@4: Yes, Buhari has exclusive rights to chose his delegates, and by extension, who attends his meetings; Emefiele can chose to attend a meeting on his own whenever he chooses and can as well invite Ceicilia Ibru if he chooses.

@5 & 6, you could have ended @4, they are best described as appeal to sentiments.

109 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by MaziOmenuko: 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
Degis:

You well so?
www.nairaland.com/2467498/shocking-illegal-new-jamb-eligibility
Your mates are having their own discussion there ^^.
Go join up as this topic surpasses your intellectual level.
Run along!

23 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Bonapart(m): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Flashh: 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Your opinion can't suspend him or let him stay.

You don't just come on here and make some opinions which can't make any change.

11 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by steppin: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
Dis op na mumu o!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
likila:
Is Jim Ovia a criminal?
I tire oooo

11 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Adaahjacob(m): 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
The media in Nigeria is faster than my neighbors WiFi,
We just dont knw wat to believe agn. We saw President Buhari shaking Mr Ovia and thanking d CBN governor for bringing him to Washington for d dinner.
Now mata don change tune.

6 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
steppin:
Dis op na mumu o!
I noticed but didn't want to jump into conclusion.

11 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by DankemzI(m): 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by magicminister: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mynd44:
If Buhari makes any move to suspend/fire Emefiele today, it will be turned into a political/tribal affair.

But yes, I agree he should go. Not only because of this but he has not seem to be efficient enough in his position as CBN governor

Trust me, emefiele is a very smart and capable guy. Most people didnt know but if not for some of his quick actions, Nigeria would have been in financial disaster. I respect that guy so much.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Supported!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Atlantian: 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
So, intelligent minds like Jim Ovia, should not be with the President m.u.m.u.hari but empty heads like Amaechi can be there....

Interesting times in the zoological republic

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by fr3do(m): 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
So a Nigerian that was invited by the US government technically is barred from the event since buhari has declared that no uninvited Nigerian should attend?

Does this old man see Nigeria as a secondary school where he is the principal?

You can't just say stuff like that, if you want a closed meeting with your hosts, have one, but you can't just specifically prevent Nigerians from attending.

27 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Creamz(m): 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
If Jim Ovia is a friend and Associate of the CBN governor doesn't necessarily mean he was the one who invited him. Jim could have been there on his own. Also, the CBN governor is a very sound Economist. Anybody thinking of removing him at this point in time doesn't mean well for our Economy.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
witch hunting

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Carrying A Woman Who Collapsed (pics & Video) / PDP Sharing Rice And Yam At Campaign Venue (Photo) / Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.