Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended (34566 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by millionaireman: 12:22am On Jul 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

Questions you've not answered -
1, Is it a crime for Jim Ovia to be present where Buhari is addressing foreign businessmen.
2, Was Jim Ovia previously booked to be in the guest list for the event?
3, What will Buhari tell Americans that is not good for Nigerian ears?
4, Even if Emefiele brought in Jim Ovia to the event, is there any law that says he can't do so except that Buhari said so?
5, This is a democracy & not a millitary dictatorship were one man's word becomes a law that everyone must scramble to obey.
6, Is Jim Ovia the only Nigerian businessman there?

Mainly Nigerians who are barely educated want Buhari to become a dictator. And when that happens, these barely educated Nigerians mostly bear the harsh realities associated with dictatorship in a country.

5 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by KruggerINC(m): 12:23am On Jul 22, 2015
likila:
Is Jim Ovia a criminal?

YES HE IS......zenith bank in collaboration with the CBN who is headed by a former Zenith Bank MD have colluded with the GEJ govt to massively loot this country.These guys should steer clear of Baba while he's thinking d best way to handle them,They should spend this time thinking of making deals to return loot in exchange for pardon from jail time
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ManTiger(m): 12:29am On Jul 22, 2015
Who is Jim ovia and emefiele? Please are they native doctors?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by grabs(m): 12:32am On Jul 22, 2015
Buhari is an ancestral spirit and an affliction on this country. So unfortunate he is our president.

5 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by keepmegoing(m): 12:33am On Jul 22, 2015
kettykin:
Is nigeria moving from a third world country to something lower, can you imagine Obama flying to Africa and telling his aides he doesn't want to see any American business men. Your guess is as good as mine he will spend the next month in the house explaining how tax payers should not have access to his meetings. This utter rubbish and very unafrican nigeria is no cassava Republic. To hell with Apc and their back ward ideologies.

so, because you're a TAX payer, doesn't mean you should disobey OBAMA's order. You must be an Igbo Man lol. Actually , I'm not in support of sacking/ suspending Him anyway. my opinion though
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by GidisFinest: 12:34am On Jul 22, 2015
Funny how this same guys blame PMB for the dollar rate increase and never mentioned Emefiele

Jokers

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by grabs(m): 12:34am On Jul 22, 2015
KruggerINC:

YES HE IS......zenith bank in collaboration with the CBN who is headed by a former Zenith Bank MD have colluded with the GEJ govt to massively loot this country.These guys should steer clear of Baba while he's thinking d best way to handle them,They should spend this time thinking of making deals to return loot in exchange for pardon from jail time

Sorry your baba has no brain to think. Stop ascribing to him what he's not capable of.

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 22, 2015
Too flimsy a reason to sack CBN governor.

PA, yes.

Chief of staff, yes.

CBN governor, no.

5 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by snapshot: 12:39am On Jul 22, 2015
likila:
Is Jim Ovia a criminal?
no I think PMB is just a snub
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Brugo(m): 12:39am On Jul 22, 2015

Asking if Jim Ovia is a criminal is besides the point. The question is did the CBN governor invite him despite the express order given?

Anyway, I don't think this offence demands disciplinary actions. It only shows the favoritism of the CBN governor. Buhari was very tactful in handling it.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Anaskie(m): 12:52am On Jul 22, 2015
The stupidity I see on Nairaland everyday is alarming!

Now every idiot can air his opinions without even bothering about how silly he sounds.

So, they should just sack a whole CBN governor like that because he disobeyed the President's orders? But I guess, the Protocol officers should be spared abi?

The original story even came from Sahara Reporters. The most unreliable news agency in Nigeria, and yet people like this imbecilic OP are calling for the Governor's sack without first verifying the story.

Smh

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Pakingzzz(m): 1:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Hi. Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items??

You can sell these items for a pretty well good price..
There's a platform I shall tell you that will advertise your unused items, and in no time you will begin to receive calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering; what kind of unused items can i sell on that platform right?
Here's what you could sell on that platform. You can sell your old or second hand fridge, gas cooker, phones, inverters, solar accessories, TV, DVD, PC, laptop, dstv decoder, bicycle, watches, headphones, computer accessories, bikes, bike spare parts, cars, car spare parts. Just anything you can think of that has a tint of value left in them.
Here's the crux of the matter; Statics have shown that there are some people out there, desperately in need of these item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell these items of yours, please you may visit HERE

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by millionaireman: 1:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Brugo:

Asking if Jim Ovia is a criminal is besides the point. The question is did the CBN governor invite him despite the express order given?

Anyway, I don't think this offence demands disciplinary actions. It only shows the favoritism of the CBN governor. Buhari was very tactful in handling it.

Even if the CBN gov. invited Ovie, does that warrant this "suspend the CBN gov" outbursts by ethnic jingos here? Democratic government means many heads contributing to create solutions to a country's problems. But some ignoramuses would want an aged president Buhari dictate how Nigeria is to be governed.

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Appareil(m): 1:05am On Jul 22, 2015
Vraiment!!! Is Buhari a Headmaster? That's a shame for Nigeria of that level. We are watching from African diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
Honestly speaking I regret been a Nigerian
God 4bid in my next world I will a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin

Just look atew

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 22, 2015
ManTiger:
Who is Jim ovia and emefiele? Please are they native doctors?

Mtscheeeeew

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by empiresomn: 1:13am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion.

If indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether.

I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

barcanista:
With due respect @OP you are talking nonsense. Is Emefielle the protocol officer?

[size=14pt]
Forgive OP, moderator for Seun site, dey sweet am. He is a failed blogger[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by banky222: 1:15am On Jul 22, 2015
Mynd44:
If Buhari makes any move to suspend/fire Emefiele today, it will be turned into a political/tribal affair.

But yes, I agree he should go. Not only because of this but he has not seem to be efficient enough in his position as CBN governor
he is not efficient because he is not yoruba or hausa fulani?

6 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:16am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
Honestly speaking I regret been a Nigerian
God 4bid in my next world I will a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin

Bros, your free to Soumalia,safe journey..Real Nigerians are proud of their country and fake ones are not, so you will not be missed forever.

Goodbye!!! See you no more!!!.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by empiresomn: 1:16am On Jul 22, 2015
[size=14pt]Buhari sack Emefiele and give the position to Sanusi or IBB or any other Fulani person. Better yet hand to Tinubu.

We dey watch u and Muslim Obama will not smell that Office in 2017. He cant save u if we make it till then, which I seriously doubt. [/size]
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ohenhen1: 1:17am On Jul 22, 2015
The CBN governor is doing a great job with little or not assistance from the NASS. PMB should not fire or suspend him.

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ohenhen1: 1:18am On Jul 22, 2015
empiresomn:
[size=18pt]Buhari sack Emefiele and give the position to Sanusi or IBB or any other Fulani person. Better yet hand to Tinubu.

We dewy watch u and Muslim Obama will not smell that Office in 2017. We can save u if we make it till then which Iseriously doubt. [/size]
Hell no.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Otunbatrafford: 1:19am On Jul 22, 2015
Creamz:
If Jim Ovia is a friend and Associate of the CBN governor doesn't necessarily mean he was the one who invited him. Jim could have been there on his own. Also, the CBN governor is a very sound Economist. Anybody thinking of removing him at this point in time doesn't mean well for our Economy.
He taught insurance and bank management at UNN. Sound economist on planet Mars I guess but definitely not on earth. I advise you to go and peruse his profile.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:22am On Jul 22, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I'm sorry you are wrong.
There are times when we need to condemn the actions of PMB because they don't promote our country Interest.

PMB had a dinner with American businessmen and he excluded the nigeria businessmen maybe because of politics or personal reasons but what will Nigerian politicians discuss with American technocrats and businessmen when the main employers of labour in Nigeria are being sidelined.

Every foreign Investor needs a local partner to give them a detailed guideline about how to manage his investment in the country he is investing in.

Emefiele cannot be blame because we don't have every available evidence that he was the one that invited jim Ovia.

The Chief protocol officer should be sacked rather for not being able to manage the president itinenary

Before we go on, please remember that SR reported that PMB said buisnessmen shouldn't be allowed in and was also quick to use Emefiele as a scapegoat when its *Onyoko meter* detected jim Ovia. I smell set-up

God bless you bro,don't mind semi illiterates here talking crap,How many jobs did mr president created before assuming office? Fire ko,suspend ni. Even the president can't do without our businessmen and women. If the CBN governor are not allowed to includes our businessmen on that invitation that has to do with business and developments,job creation and economy, I wonder if mr president wants only those Talibans around.

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by empiresomn: 1:24am On Jul 22, 2015

Hell no.

[size=14pt]Buhari wants to sack him, it is obvious. Ur not blind and that is wat OP saw that made him to open this thread.

Let Buhari go ahead and sack him. He will use his eye to see wen his cup is full. No be person go tell am.

Obama does not want to visit Nigeria, so the powers in USA invited Nigeria so we are not totally left out.

Buhari is using it to exhault himself. I just dey laugh.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:28am On Jul 22, 2015
trendsng:

Mtscheeeeew

Bros, you lick it,secret exposed.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Otunbatrafford: 1:32am On Jul 22, 2015
grabs:
Buhari is an ancestral spirit and an affliction on this country. So unfortunate he is our president.
It would be unfortunate for you to have him as your president because a maggot like you don't deserve anything good in life. But for other Nigerians who are praying for Buhari to succeed in bringing good governance to Nigeria, they will definitely get the best and be proud to be a Nigerian. Useless Idiot like you will continue in regret even when good things are happening.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by unstableaswater: 1:37am On Jul 22, 2015
grabs:

Very well articulated. seconded.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by chedet: 1:50am On Jul 22, 2015
Wale Tinubu was also at the said meeting, and like Jim Ovia, was without formal invitation from Buhari... so who gets suspended for Wale presence?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Pangea: 1:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion.

If indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether.

I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

grin shocked
Chukwuabiama!
Chukwuokike!
Chukwukereuwa!
Afam!
Jesus is really a CHANGER! grin

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by donttouch: 2:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:

Nwokem, have u gone this low because of partisan politics

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by CyberWolf: 2:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Jarus:
Too flimsy a reason to sack CBN governor.

PA, yes.

Chief of staff, yes.

CBN governor, no.
thank you. I think it's the aid that allowed him in suppose to be sacked..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Battle With Cancer - TheCapital.ng / Ahmed Indimi Holds Birthday Dinner With Family And Friends / First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.