Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended (34567 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Arms Probe Deal: Bakare Calls For The Arrest Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 22, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I'm sorry you are wrong.
There are times when we need to condemn the actions of PMB because they don't promote our country Interest.

PMB had a dinner with American businessmen and he excluded the nigeria businessmen maybe because of politics or personal reasons but what will Nigerian politicians discuss with American technocrats and businessmen when the main employers of labour in Nigeria are being sidelined.

Every foreign Investor needs a local partner to give them a detailed guideline about how to manage his investment in the country he is investing in.

Emefiele cannot be blame because we don't have every available evidence that he was the one that invited jim Ovia.

The Chief protocol officer should be sacked rather for not being able to manage the president itinenary

Before we go on, please remember that SR reported that PMB said buisnessmen shouldn't be allowed in and was also quick to use Emefiele as a scapegoat when its *Onyoko meter* detected jim Ovia. I smell set-up
when PMB suspend him for insurbodination, hope ur NL rant will save him
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 22, 2015
millionaireman:

Mainly Nigerians who are barely educated want Buhari to become a dictator. And when that happens, these barely educated Nigerians mostly bear the harsh realities associated with dictatorship in a country.
when PMB suspend him for
insurbodination, hope ur NL rant will save
him
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 22, 2015
Jarus:
Too flimsy a reason to sack CBN governor.
PA, yes.
Chief of staff, yes.
CBN governor, no.
when PMB suspend him for insurbodination, hope ur NL rant will save him
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 22, 2015
Anaskie:
The stupidity I see on Nairaland everyday is alarming!

Now every idiot can air his opinions without even bothering about how silly he sounds.

So, they should just sack a whole CBN governor like that because he disobeyed the President's orders? But I guess, the Protocol officers should be spared abi?

The original story even came from Sahara Reporters. The most unreliable news agency in Nigeria, and yet people like this imbecilic OP are calling for the Governor's sack without first verifying the story.

Smh
when PMB suspend him for
him
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 22, 2015
millionaireman:

Even if the CBN gov. invited Ovie, does that warrant this "suspend the CBN gov" outbursts by ethnic jingos here? Democratic government means many heads contributing to create solutions to a country's problems. But some ignoramuses would want an aged president Buhari dictate how Nigeria is to be governed.
when PMB suspend him for
him

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 22, 2015
Appareil:
Vraiment!!! Is Buhari a Headmaster? That's a shame for Nigeria of that level. We are watching from African diaspora.
when PMB suspend him for
him

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by okpurukata(f): 2:25am On Jul 22, 2015
If I recall well, the president complained of Jim Ovia and Wale Tinubu's presence. So who should be suspended for Wale's presence? Let's be objective please.

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 22, 2015
empiresomn:

[size=14pt]
Forgive OP, moderator for Seun site, dey sweet am. He is a failed blogger[/size]
when PMB suspend him for
him

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 22, 2015
atlwireles:
The Chamber of commerce through, The Corporate Council on Africa hosted Buhari in DC. Before you spew your nonsense about Jim Ovia, find out if he is a member of The Corporate Council on Africa. All the indians and Arabs at the dinner last night, who invited them?
when PMB suspend him for
him

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
Honestly speaking I regret been a Nigerian
God 4bid in my next world I will a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin
I pray u find ursef in Lake Chad.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by liongirl: 2:46am On Jul 22, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

@1: crime or not a crime is not the issue: the issue is 'Loyalty!' Your boss said: I DON'T WANT THIS! It means you must not do it, even if your aim of doing it is to save his life, DON'T!

@2: Obviously NO, else the president won't have expressed his surprise at seeing him.

@3: inconsequential: if that is your argument, then we may as well throw decorum to the wind and invite every tom, dckk and harry with a Nigerian last name.

@4: Yes, Buhari has exclusive rights to chose his delegates, and by extension, who attends his meetings; Emefiele can chose to attend a meeting on his own whenever he chooses and can as well invite Ceicilia Ibru if he chooses.

@5 & 6, you could have ended @4, they are best described as appeal to sentiments.
just shut up ewu hausa

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ehigie(m): 3:21am On Jul 22, 2015
Ehen, Wetin dey happen dia.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by knightsTempler: 3:22am On Jul 22, 2015
Tosinayoko:
when PMB suspend him for
him

Stop spamming the thread you morôn!!!
If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, go play with the kids.

@topic, that ain't reason to sack a CBN governor, unless off course Buhari had a plan to sack him before this indecent.

By the way, he can't be sack without 2/3 of NASS consenting/ voting for it.

5 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 22, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again Buhari has registered his resolve to be a no nonsense person and he reiterated that by taking what seemed as a jibe at the CBN governor for inviting Jim Ovia which means that Emefiele flouted the directive by the president not to invite any Nigerian business man for the occasion.

If indeed Emefiele was responsible foe the action accredited to him then i think he should be suspended by the president since the president is not empowered to remove him altogether.

I think such an action will go a long way to register it in the thick skulls of some of our politicians and civil servants that it's not business as usual. An order is an order and should not be flouted to favour certain interests.

Just see how you and your friends in opposition ruling party have been F00LING yourselves and displaying your ignorance. One would have thought some of you people are knowledgeable posters

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by spyg1(m): 3:27am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
God 4bid in my next world I will a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin
you want to reincanate in poor nations like Tanzania or war countries like Syria , i wish you d best. grin

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by knightsTempler: 3:30am On Jul 22, 2015
Buhari's supporters/defenders are even more brainless than him.....

5 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 22, 2015
Tosinayoko:
when PMB suspend him for
him

Ode your vegetable general can't dop poo

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ApexTitan(m): 3:53am On Jul 22, 2015
Some Nigerians are foolish beyond measure it is shocking.

What is all this? There I was thinking I was coming to read an opinion piece about the CBN chief's questionable running of the apex bank and the dwindling value of the naira against the dollar only to be confronted by this most trivial of all issues! So the governor "invited" Jim Ovia against the president's wishes to a meeting with American businessmen and so this is what is causing sleepless nights? Of all the pressing matters that can be and should be tabled regarding the economy and CBN's role in it it is who gets to attend a presidential party that bothers us the most?!

Obviously the euphoria of this American visit by Buhari has left many people giddy, that's why non issues like this take center stage!

This is shamefully pedestrian!

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by kayalcomp: 4:30am On Jul 22, 2015
He needs being suspended and if need be removed. He sure belongs to opposition camp, this is not good for Buhari government.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by putin3: 4:31am On Jul 22, 2015
Let that thing try it and see economic war,

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by ajealadick(m): 5:10am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
God 4bid in my next world I will be a Nigerian
God 4bid bad tin

Abeg change your nationality now. Don't wait for next world. Mmmchteeeew!
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by blackpanda: 5:17am On Jul 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

Questions you've not answered -
1, Is it a crime for Jim Ovia to be present where Buhari is addressing foreign businessmen.
2, Was Jim Ovia previously booked to be in the guest list for the event?
3, What will Buhari tell Americans that is not good for Nigerian ears?
4, Even if Emefiele brought in Jim Ovia to the event, is there any law that says he can't do so except that Buhari said so?
5, This is a democracy & not a millitary dictatorship were one man's word becomes a law that everyone must scramble to obey.
6, Is Jim Ovia the only Nigerian businessman there?

The problem with this wailing pdp sycophants is that they pretend to be reasonable but all the while their sole aim is to pull down Buhari.
How can a public servant flout the direct orders of the President and you are here blabbing that its right? I mean, can people really be this daft!
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by juman(m): 5:23am On Jul 22, 2015
Hiss. The news may be true or not. Most of the news nowadays are fake.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by TalkDirect: 5:26am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
God 4bid bad tin
My good friend, you and I have already been born as Nigerians. We have two choices; 1. Continue to regret being a Nigerian and let things go further downhill or 2. Change our mindset and accept the fact we have a part to play in fixing Nigeria. As for you coming in your 'next life', sorry, no such thing will happen. I choose option 2. And you?
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Eluwilussit(m): 5:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Too many idiiots here. Would all the people calling for Emefiele's head, have done so, if he were to be SLS?

Anyway, we are pushing Bubu to probe and jail everyone in sight. We arrogate to him powers that truly belong to the people. Tomorrow, we will start complaining of highhandedness by the C-in-C.

Anyway, history has a way of repeating itself.

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:40am On Jul 22, 2015
Mynd44:
If Buhari makes any move to suspend/fire Emefiele today, it will be turned into a political/tribal affair.

But yes, I agree he should go. Not only because of this but he has not seem to be efficient enough in his position as CBN governor

Because he hasn't been having diarrhoea of the mouth like Sanusi?

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 5:55am On Jul 22, 2015
If only the NDeleta ppl could pratisce opposition like this.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by omenka(m): 6:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Mynd44:
If Buhari makes any move to suspend/fire Emefiele today, it will be turned into a political/tribal affair.

But yes, I agree he should go. Not only because of this but he has not seem to be efficient enough in his position as CBN governor
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by engrshakespeare: 6:01am On Jul 22, 2015
fastguy10:
God 4bid bad tin

Who needs u, Nigeria will only lack one fool.
Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by chrisxxx(m): 6:05am On Jul 22, 2015
UrbanMystique:
that empty head ameachi was governor of rivers state for good 8years and currently dining with world leaders..

you that have something in your head, what have you really done with your life than being an internet warrior?
My friend the testimony is there in Rivers State. Amaechi is not only an empty head but no head.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele Should Be Suspended by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 22, 2015
likila:
Is Jim Ovia a criminal?
No he is not, but the order by the president is " do not invite any business man with you to the Washington trip" and ovia is MD of Zenith bank if am not mistaken, moreover having the MD of a bank as the good friend of apex bank boss is a very troublesome situation. American public will protest if they ever find out that Reserve bank chairman and say , chase bank boss are pals, that's not good for the economy. Am developing love for buhari .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Indimi Holds Birthday Dinner With Family And Friends / Buhari Hosted By Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of International Criminal Court / Arrest Obasanjo Now – Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.