Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:10 PM

Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here (8963 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 / Nairaland Writers Collaboration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by CrazyMan(m): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
Hello my fellow writers on this forum;

I know I can’t hide my status forever that’s why I decided to start this topic; I just want to identify with all the writers on Nairaland so we can have something like a union; where we can share thoughts ideas and advice for our own benefits.

I myself I’m a writer I write scripts/ stories. . . and presently, I’m working on a book, I want it to be very great that’s why I’ve written lots and lots of roughs; and believe me, it’s really stressful that’s why I need some additional brains to assist me.

I strongly believe that if we have a union where we can all communicate, share our thoughts and exchange rough works for assistance, we won’t encounter too much problem in what we’re doing.

What do you all think?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by finestboy2(m): 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2009
I think it's a good thread. I don't write but if given the opportunity, I would love to write
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by kattie(f): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2009
Crazykid i would love to join the union
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by shaqhead: 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2009
Hey Crazykid, thats a brillant idea u got. The thread will be resourceful to aspiring authors like u n I. Am in
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by oreshade(m): 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2009
so what's the first topic
Lets swing to action,
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2009
@ crazykid wonderful idea. so lets form the union now
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by ofala(m): 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2009
That will be a very good idea.The important pointnere is that whoever that come in here should rathe be a writer or and aspiring writer.We aint saying anyone cant come but if it must be interesting.There should be some modalities.

I will have a lot to share with all of you.I have written some book and still writting
Cheers
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by ofala(m): 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2009
That will be a very good idea.The important point here is that whoever that comes in here should rather be a writer or an aspiring writer.We aint saying anyone cant come in but if it must be interesting.There should be some modalities.

I will have a lot to share with all of you.I have written some book and still writting
Cheers
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by CrazyMan(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2009
oreshade:

so what's the first topic
Lets swing to action,
How about tragic romantic play story; something that would lead the reader in great suspence. . . I'm working on something like that.

ziddy:

@ crazykid wonderful idea. so lets form the union now
It's not as if we're paying money in the union. . . if you want to join, all you have to do is to be quite regular online or rather give you contact details, i.e your yahoo or gmail ID so we can chat through a confrence.

ofala:

That will be a very good idea.The important pointnere is that whoever that come in here should rathe be a writer or and aspiring writer.We aint saying anyone cant come but if it must be interesting.There should be some modalities.

Cheers
That’s a good contribution from you; we’re all here to help each other. . as upcoming writers, we need direction, that’s why the say two heads are better than one.

I’m looking forward to seeing your work
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2009
hi y'all. i think the idea is swell. the best way to know how good you are isnt only by competing against other writers but also by working with them. so when d'we start? can't wait.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2009
I pray God gives you all the strength d will and d way to put your thoughts into actions. If you need an editor/proofreader, or just someone to arrange your works, mail me at sureaheadmedia@yahoo.com. We can make your writings so beautiful that you will wonder if you wrote them in the first place.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Modurotolu: 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2009
I,m interested. 08055939336. dapojola@yahoo.com. I'm awriter with a book already published and can't ver be "rescued" from writing.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Jcob(m): 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
What's the whole concept all about? Sharing and stealing ideas? Joint publishing a book or anthology? Or probably coming together to do some offline stunts?
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by folaski: 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2009
good idea ! am in. please let all agree on a particular topic and swing immediately to action
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2009
hey crazy its a good idea am a writer in school though and laziness is my problem,i have many ideas but putting them down, speechgirllucia@yahoo.com.contact me and keep being crazy,
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Orikinla(m): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2009
Good.

I prefer to advise writers to join the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) in your state if you are in Nigeria, because ANA does a lot for the benefit of known and unknown writers.

The Administrators or owner of Nairaland can also do a selection and publish the compilation of short stories and poems by Nairaland Writers to motivate and promote them in print.

Cheers!
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by SeanT21(f): 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
I am in.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by CrazyMan(m): 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2009
speechgirl:

hey crazy its a good idea am a writer in school though and laziness is my problem,i have many ideas but putting them down, speechgirllucia@yahoo.com.contact me and keep being crazy,

SeanT21:

I am in.

folaski:

good idea ! am in. please let all agree on a particular topic and swing immediately to action
Hello guys,

It’s not just the I’m in I’m in; we’ve got to get moving.

Nearly 90% percent of those that responded are hardly online so how do we get together when we can’t even communicate properly?

Orikinla:

The Administrators or owner of Nairaland can also do a selection and publish the compilation of short stories and poems by Nairaland Writers to motivate and promote them in print.

Cheers!
If Seun see that we’re serious, then he would support us; but we on our own part must do our home work very well
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by SeanT21(f): 4:42am On Apr 05, 2009
crazykid:

Hello guys,

It’s not just the I’m in I’m in; we’ve got to get moving.

Nearly 90% percent of those that responded are hardly online so how do we get together when we can’t even communicate properly?
If Seun see that we’re serious, then he would support us; but we on our own part must do our home work very well

So what do U suggest??
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by firestar(f): 9:23am On Apr 05, 2009
Interesting concept. . .
How 'bout stating a particular time frame where writers interested would be easily accessible?

The sooner the better.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Redman44(m): 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2009
@crazykid

Thanks for the idea. I'm in. I write for a Magazine currently. I am also a blogger and the traffic on the blog is growing gradually. I have won a couple of awards back in Nigeria. I'm about to start work on my first novel. I'll be glad to be a member of the Nairaland writers club. I feel anyone that wants to join the club should have a link to his or her works or write something creative on the board. I'm just suggesting this. Meanwhile, check out my blog-

www.toluihidero..com

Cheers cool cool cool

Redman
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by AmAlone: 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2009
It is really very amazing to see nice ppl storm Nairaland with there post but to b sincere can somone pls tell me how this tool werk(Ghana English )
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Isuata: 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2009
one of the problems of potential writers is mostly procastination and i think its one vice i see with most of the posters here-i am a sufferer of sort too.

wats the solution?

for as much of yu who are alredy penning some stuff down-display it hereand let oda ppel constructively critique such works den we can get summin goin . from dia a betta structure would spring up on ow to continue.

2. for those concerned about stolen ideas-well i pity you. wat i tell people is, its the limitation of yur mind that makes yu think wen yu write or createsummin today and let oda pple critique it dat it wld be stolen-so wat if its stolen and made live by somebody else- wu says yu wnt create summin more biutiful and betta?
i aint afraid of people stealing my stuff-infact i cherish it-cos it enablesme write and create more

so @crazykid

do yu want to do the honors of posting summin or yu want oda pple to giv flesh to some themes for mefor my church drama nite

and while everyone isponderin on that, i want yu guys to giv flesh to some idea for me for drama nite

1. the concept of hell (the flesh i want is a comtemporay piece dat speaks not of the cliche-iec (if i may) devil and hes bravado but summin dat still passes the message of hell but yet contemporary and speaks more to yung professionals)

2. the second is :- getting the best out yur church
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by proudly9ja(m): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2009
My suggestion:

Since we all have a common denominator (most of us are either Africans or maybe even Nigerians), why don't we all write articles/poems/etc on Nigeria/Africa and publish a magazine. It does not have to be profit oriented since its something we just wanna do for fun?

There may be different sections ie Fashion (where we will have different stuff on African fashion), Tourism (fun places to visit in Africa), Sports (I think this is obvious enough), Politics, etc. And for those who love fiction, we may even include stories ala HINTS smiley

That way, everyone gets to write something he/she is passionate about.

What do u all think?
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by PurestBoy(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2009
Hmmm, Crazykid with crazY idea, Anyway it's cool but I'm not INTERESTED
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by smile4kenn(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2009
I am a student of Journalism and creative writing.
I wrote some African fiction novels, yet to be publish.
Every innovative idea or forum for writers here in nairaland will be welcomed
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by ohaechesi(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2009
its a pitty though, you guys can't afford me. turned back,waved and stretch off
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2009
I'm ready to join this union if formed. Although I hardly have time again, my own aspect of writing is article writing, passing commentary on national/global economic/political issues. Am I also fit in here?
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by moag(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2009
A great idea!I am very much interested ,i once served as an editor of a campus magazine .I also write on building construction as correspondence writer.WE need to start and the right time is now.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Redfox(m): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
@am alone
cant u make a clear distinction between word pronunciation and word spelling.i think u are embarrasing yourself a little bit.retrace your steps please.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by AmAlone: 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2009
Redfox:

@am alone
cant u make a clear distinction between word pronunciation and word spelling.i think u are embarrasing yourself a little bit.retrace your steps please.

I was just kidding. . . grin
But Guy abeg you no fit tell me about English Language or word pronounsation oooo
except I no know. You no go fit come tell me say work na werk
because I don listern to the Americans and Britians their English, atleast over and over again
Work and Wek for me is right.
And also i was just being me. But no go there. wink

Dont you get it?
. . . .28 countries and counting. . .  kiss
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by AmAlone: 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2009
And also I kno say wetin we Nigerians dey speak no be real English jus like every Africa Country,  LoL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Perfect Chemistry - By Simone Elkeles / Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) / The Divorcé Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.