Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School (1346 Views)

My Last Day In School (complete story) / In School / If You Want To Be Rich And Happy Do Not Go To School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
IF YOU WANT TO BE RICH AND HAPPY, DON'T STAY IN SCHOOL

Please, read me before making a conclusion, cries the head!

The topic above is capable of generating serious argument especially among the learned and the so called "academic gurus".
There is no doubt that education is very important in the life of would-be-successful human being. However, what constitutes education has been misconstrued to be the craze for acquisition of seemingly worthless certificates without corresponding knowledge and skill to really make the desired impact on the economy of this great nation of ours.
Education generally, in Nigeria parlance, has been limited to the four walls of the classrooms of our various conventional educational institutions.
It is always amazing hearing the large number of graduates being turned out yearly by our tertiary institutions. In spite of this large number university graduates that are "thrown" into the labour market every year, the nation's economy still remain grossly underdeveloped. What a paradox!.
Greatest Nigerian students! It's time for us to take the bull by the horn and be not limited to the education we get from the four walls of the classrooms. Arise and shine for your progress, achievement, and the sougth after "better life" lie in our ability to do something for ourselves. I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Nigeria presents the best opportunity ever in the world! Hey! Here me out before you crucify me! In fact, this is the right time for people outside the shores of this country to begin to die to get visa back to Nigeria. An Indian man once said,"Opportunities are so prevalent in Nigeria to the extent that one can practically "pick" cash on the street but Nigerian are too blind to see them".
One of the secret to your success is for you to get enough education on what your really love to do and turn it to a "money-making-machine". Please, be crazy for this kind of practical and functional education than what you get in the classrooms, then you will always smile to the bank. Everybody has one talent or the other he/she can explore to make money and most especially become fulfilled.
It may interest you to know that I am the only one that has ever gotten a university education in a family of fourteen. This might paint a picture of how poor my background is. It may also interest you to know that I will be going for my youth service by September this year. My recognition of this fact that I am sharing with you pave the way for me. I never go broke in school.
Please, heed my kind advice and it shall be well with you even if you are a son of a beggar.

You are not asked not to go to school but not to limit yourself to what you were taught in in the four walls of your classrooms!

A word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School by AJECKING(m): 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2019
you are gorgeous and am convince by your writting skills!!!...please keep up
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School by Komu1048(m): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
Thanks bro
Re: If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School by uthlaw: 10:58am On Mar 12, 2019
the biggest mistake I did...

(1) (Reply)

How I Became My Father’s Concubine (episode 12) / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Harry Potter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.