Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450256 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
I knew it, dat becca is d non-human sadiq ws lucky 4 nt avin sex wit her. Mattkent tanx 4 d updates

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by swtangeljones(f): 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
Started reading from the beginning today and am so glad am with you guys now....
You are really talented Mattkent, more kudos to you.
Congratulations on your graduation.... May you receive favour all thru the days of your life. You are blessed.
Following bumper to bumper.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Section8(m): 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
Wa gba yi mattkent!!

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by montezz(f): 11:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
swtangeljones:
Started reading from the beginning today and am so glad am with you guys now....
Congratulations on your graduation.... May you receive favour all thru the days of your life. You are blessed.
grin
Started reading 2day too and it's worth d tym i spent reading 4rm d beginning 2 dis stage. Kent,m api 2 tell u dt u v jux inspired sum1 2 come out of cloak and write a story! I'l nid ur guidance tho'. Kip it up! Cnt wait 4d next update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 12:15am On Oct 06, 2015
gringrin Still observing....Welcome back kent. Finally we have our great author back. Hungry for more sha....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by oscarlloyd(m): 2:15am On Oct 06, 2015
Mattkent:

lol. welcome to d family.
thanks and congrats once again on ur graduation ... May ur knowledge aquired yield good fruits of harvest for you...

Say amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 06, 2015
I knew it!..Oh boy I knew it. Omg, I knew it! grin

By d way congratulations Mattkent

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2015
All of una just dey say na Becca. Let me remind you guys that Becca is just a girl that appeared outta d blues only once which definitely means she has a connection to d other girls (Zeenat, Janelle, Vanessa n Humaira). The non human is not known yet....

For me the non human remains Jennifer grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by oscarlloyd(m): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Like seriously this non-human guess game is really something else... It's very clear who she is... I won't say unless there is a prize gift attached to it grin

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Dsparker(f): 7:58am On Oct 06, 2015
Finally i caught up wit u guyz. tnks mattkent. congrat on ur graduation. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2015
swtangeljones:
grin

Thanks a lot. It's so nice to know u enjoyed it.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2015
montezz:

Started reading 2day too and it's worth d tym i spent reading 4rm d beginning 2 dis stage. Kent,m api 2 tell u dt u v jux inspired sum1 2 come out of cloak and write a story! I'l nid ur guidance tho'. Kip it up! Cnt wait 4d next update.

Its so awesome to know I inspired you to write. You should give it a try. It's much more easier if you're writing from the events in your life and infuse little fiction in it.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2015
oscarlloyd:
Like seriously this non-human guess game is really something else... It's very clear who she is... I won't say unless there is a prize gift attached to it grin

No gift jare just say it. Very curious to know what you think.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 06, 2015
omoshelwa:
I knew it! I said it! I knew it was becca. Nw matt, wat's d gift for guessing right?
I never said anything abt a gift cheesy
But I'm sure donkross1 has something for you.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2015
Shocked as he was, he sat down there for minutes replaying the whole event that had happened that day. From the old women he sighted leaving the house to when he met Rebecca. Or was Vanessa playing a prank on him? Maybe she was because this was too strange to comprehend.

Exiting his room, he made for Kazim’s room and borrowed his phone. He dialed Vanessa’s number and after they had talked for minutes, Sadiq was sure that it was not a prank of any sort. She was serious. He convinced her that the girl was with him on that day. Moreover he didn’t have the keys to the house, and if she watched the video closely she will notice that as he stood outside, the door opened from within and not from outside.

After re watching it she became terrified! He was right, the door did open from within. Very shaken now, she picked her bag and left the house hurriedly, taking a taxi to her grand dad’s.

He didn’t believe in ghost, ghost of dead people. It wasn’t possible. Anyone dead always remained dead, if not the whole would have been filled with ghost of all sorts roaming about.

“So you are awake” said Humaira later that night.

“Yes. I couldn’t sleep.” he replied.

“Probably because of the afternoon nap.” she suggested.

“Maybe. I think so.” He said. But that wasn’t it. He couldn’t sleep because of Rebecca. What if she appears in his room when he is sleeping, and then tries to kill him? Or what if she was in the room right now but they can’t see her because she made herself invincible!

“Do you believe in ghost?” he asked her.

“No I don’t.” she replied. “Why did you ask?”

“I was just curious.”

“I don’t think they exist. Other things do exist though but ghost of dead people don’t exist.” She explained.

“What makes you so sure?”

“Dead people’s soul can’t come back and live among us. Once they cross that door to the other side, they are stuck there till that final day.” She replied.

“And how do you know this?” he asked more curiously. She seemed like she knew what she was saying.

“Don’t you read our religion books!” she said surprised. “Anyway even though the souls of these dead people can’t come back, there are other unseen forces that can take the form of these dead people and appear to us.”

Somehow she made sense.

“What do you mean by unseen forces?”

“Why are you so interested in this topic?” she asked.

“I have a friend who said he had an encounter with someone who is not human.” he said. “But I didn’t believe him.”

“Really? Tell me about it.” She said interested.

He narrated the Rebecca incident to her.

“So your friend kissed the girl and in the video the girl didn’t appear in it?” she asked after he was done narrating.

“Exactly.”

“I think your friend kissed a jinni!” she exclaimed.

“You mean like the jinni in that cartoon; Aladdin? The one in which he flies around on a magic carpet?”

“Yes.”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” laughed Sadiq.

She wasn’t laughing. “If you doubt me Google it.”

“So what does she want with him?”

“I don’t know. It depends. I have heard stories of how they also relate with humans and some about how they possess humans.” She stopped then added. “I know a girl who was possessed by one. It took years before it left her!”

Sadiq was uncomfortable. He couldn’t imagine sleeping alone anymore!

2 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by oscarlloyd(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Mattkent:

No gift jare just say it. Very curious to know what you think.
ok... Let me whisper it into ur ears #*it's the girl not close to him*# the one night stand girl... He's been able to control himself around oda girls bt Becca charmed him... U garrit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by missuniverse(f): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2015
becca becca hmmmm...Mattkent mentioned dat the non human has been introduced,before rebecca came into the picture .

Ithink beca is just a means to an end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by montezz(f): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2015
Mattkent:

Its so awesome to know I inspired you to write. You should give it a try. It's much more easier if you're writing from the events in your life and infuse little fiction in it.
That's exactly wat m going 2do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by oscarlloyd(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2015
I av a feeling the non-human is not just a person ... The two old women, asmau and now Becca... This is thermodynamics of reality... Hard nut to crack here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2015
Early the next morning Sadiq called his course mates and they were to meet up in school for payment of returning students tuition fee. Before heading to school, he stopped by Shoprite which was beside Kano Trade fair complex to buy a new phone. It wasn’t a hassle as he already knew the phone he wanted to buy. Ten minutes later he was on his way to B.U.K new site. The taxi stopped at old site, he highlighted and boarded a bus passing though Kabuga to new site.

Sadiq imagined bumping into Janelle in school. He wondered how it would be like seeing her again. Definitely awkward!

Somehow he felt he should put these girls issue aside for now. They were causing too much havoc on him. First was Jennifer; who used him for her benefit, then Zeenat who he was madly in love with but she had cost him his first class. That was about it. The rest didn’t pose much problem to him. Humaira was a very good friend and listener. Vanessa is Vanessa. And Janelle, up until he left for Lagos they were good friends, but now he didn’t know what was to become of them.

Maybe he should give this whole relationship thing a break. Maybe he should tell Janelle that although he admired her, he wasn’t ready for another relationship yet. He would try to put it to her as careful as possible in order not to hurt her.

After synchronizing his new phone with his google account, he got back all his contact. He immediately composed a message to Janelle, explaining how he wasn’t ready for any relationship. But they could still be very close. He ended the message by informing her that he was around and would see her later.

His hand cupped his face, hoping that he did the right thing.

‘Books before girls’ he kept repeating. Comforting himself and assuring himself that he was doing the right thing.

Hours later he returned from school exhausted and dehydrated. Soon after taking his shower and eating lunch, he heard a familiar voice. The giggle was one he would never forget.

Following the sound of the voice, he stood, staring at Humaira and Zeenat talking near the gate leading outside.

There are some people you see, and you would wonder if they built themselves. That was how Zeenat was. She looked exquisite and radiant. They say your first love is hard to forget, they are indeed right. He couldn’t forget her, no matter how hard he tried. But he had lost her, and she didn’t even reply the poem he had written for her before he left for Lagos.

Moments later Humaira walked away while Zeenat was still standing there. She walked towards him and stopped.

“I am sorry!” she said to him.

Sadiq couldn’t believe his ears.

“I know I should have believed you when you told me you had nothing to do with that girl, but every time I tried to believe, something new comes up again.” She continued.

He moved forward, approaching her, then walked past her and stopped just two steps away from her. His heart was beating fast! This is exactly what she does to him each time they met.

“You have all the right to be angry with me for not believing you, but I just want you to know that I am so sorry. Humaira explained everything to me and I was really ashamed of myself.” She said and added. “At least look at me and say something”

Turning to her he said. “I wish you could hear how fast my heart is beating right now!” he placed his palm on his chest. “Just hearing your voice alone is like an adrenaline.”

She blushed and chuckled.

“We are bound to make mistakes. We are humans.” He added.

Are we really all humans?

“I am so happy that we’ve settled.” She said happily. “After reading the poem you wrote for me, I nearly called you that day. It is the most beautiful words anyone has ever written to me.”

Just these few minutes with her seemed like an eternity. All worries were gone. He didn’t even remember if Becca ever existed or the armed robbers that robbed him. The moment was just perfect and he realized how much he missed her and the times they shared together.

“There is someone I met.” She began. “I love the guy so much. But I don’t know if he loves me that much. What do you advise I do?”

Sadiq’s heart was broken. How did he even expect her to be single all these while when they were apart? Now some guy has stolen her heart. Although he had decided to stay away from ladies for now, but Zeenat wasn’t just any lady, she was The Lady!

“I think you should forget about the guy!” he responded firmly.

She laughed at him. “You know the guy and I am sure you will consent to our relationship.”

He didn’t care who it was. Even though it was Kazim he would still not consent to it. He still loves her deeply!

“Who is he?” he asked. His mind telling him that it must be Kazim.

“You!” she replied, smiled at him and bent her head down shyly.

Sadiq’s teeth shone and his heart almost exploded.

He raised her head up. “I love you!”

Immediately he said it, he heard footsteps behind him, close to the gate leading outside. Looking back, he was greeted by a girl with a blonde hair; it was Janelle! And she heard everything!

Talk about solving one problem and another one springing up instantly!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
Dammnnnnnn!!!!

Best update!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
omg!!! What's gonna happen now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
sadiq your case is one of a kind

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
donkross1:
All of una just dey say na Becca. Let me remind you guys that Becca is just a girl that appeared outta d blues only once which definitely means she has a connection to d other girls (Zeenat, Janelle, Vanessa n Humaira). The non human is not known yet....

For me the non human remains Jennifer grin
I agree with everything you said exempting the part where Jennifer became the non human though.
It's like there is a force from the non-human world connecting asma'u, zeenat, janelle and of course becca

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by oscarlloyd(m): 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
This latest post reminds me of an economics topic "scale of preference" .... If only sadiq will listen to his uncle and be a player till he graduates... All these delimmas won't suffice.. Still following sha

Fingers crossed#

2 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by Zeeenas(f): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
Sadiq case dey God hand.

5 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Mattkent:

I never said anything abt a gift cheesy

But I'm sure donkross1 has something for you.
I no give her anything joor. She no believe in my Jennifer being the non human undecided

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Omg!!! This update is the bestest grin
Sadiq is really in a mess, his whole world is revolved around women. Dan Allah mana

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Emmykul4love(m): 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hahahahahahahaha.sadiq,you are in 4 more trouble. Should i say welcome back boss? Well let me just say it,but i have just said it or haven't I? Ok WELCOME BACK BOSS. Ehen pls am looking for my lost SOUL MATE by name ADEH. Pls if you help me see am make you galla me for phone 08168992571. Reward dey ooooo.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Emmykul4love(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
If you guys says that the non-human has not been known,then i will say you guys have not been observate enough.I AM THE NON-HUMAN. Someone may say wats this guy talking about but i tell you i know wat am talking about. Lets wait and see. Except if the non-human has been known. ADEH MY LOVE WHERE ARE YOU,I AM MISSING YOU LIKE NO TOMORROW.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by daslad(f): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Haaahaaaahaaaaa! Wahala dey o. Sadiq this is serious.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by demmy66: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
hmmmn.. dis luv between sadiq n zeenat na wao o... janelle pls look for another.... where is this my dearest bae heemah sef....

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.