Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Girl At Shoprite - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Girl At Shoprite (782 Views)

••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly / Bukky The Girl I Love / Imayen - Story Of A Girl Losing Her Virginity And Degradation Of The Girl-child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Girl At Shoprite by Ndkings1(m): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2015
The Girl at Shoprite

It was a weekend, nothing left in the fridge just ice cubes. No provision either, only raw food stuffs remaining.Friday is the only day I find time to shop, relax and calm my nerves.
It’s been a long week. I just came back from work. My boss and the crazy Lagos traffic had drained the last energy I reserved for the weekend. The last thing on my mind was cooking.
I shop large every weekend at Shoprite, a supermarket located at Adesanya Ogunsanya mall, which is just a stone throw from where I live.
Let me first say that I rarely drink alcohol, I only sip occasionally during friends get together or hang out, just not to be the boring dude. So going to shop for alcohol isn’t something you find me do.
After perambulating round Shoprite, I had shopped enough for my budget. As I was about going towards the cashier, I saw this pretty slim lady standing in front of the alcohol section. The curves were in the right places, the kind of girl every guy will take a second look at. Her beauty radiated from a far like neon lights on the street of Tokyo. No doubt, she was indeed beautiful.
She wore a pair of blue denim and a red top. As I moved closer towards her, I noticed the brand on her shirt, obviously she was a sales rep for an alcoholic brand.
“Time to go get some alcohol”, I murmured silently.
Hello
Hi, she replied.
I need something not so strong, something a social drinker can take and feel good with himself.
She smile and took me to the wine section. The cheapest wine my eye could quickly scan through was labeled 4000 Naira.
Just before I could say Jonny Bravo, she took out from the shelves a well package wine and spoke softly, “This will be good for you Sir”.
This will be good for me? My God! 10k was the price tag.
All a guy wanted was to start a conversation that will lead to getting her number, and other things follow later.
I pasted the fake smile on my face, calculating quickly how to re strategize. There is no way I am going to spend the last cash in my wallet on this wine. A wine that will end up in my friend’s belly. Hell No!
She was still holding the wine trying to convince me why I should buy , when a guy walked up to her, he was also holding the same wine she brought out earlier.
“Why not give me your number?” the dude asked?
“Can I have your business card, I will get in touch with you”, she said like it was premeditated.
He brought his business card out, and gave it to her.
“I will be expecting your call”, he said and left for the cashier.
Well it was now obvious, this is a dead end for me, when her friend also wearing the same shirt came calling for her.
She ask for a moment and left to gossip with her friend.
From a distant I could hear the friend asking, “he buy the wine” ?
“The mugu buy am o, come dey ask for number,mtchew” and she trashed his card angrily into a nearby trash can.
“Make I go meet that one wey stand for dia like stick, for im mind im sef dey trip”, she said and left her friend.
Before she came back, I ran as fast as my tiny legs could carry me , (like someone running after slapping Usain Bolt) straight to the cashier.
Alakoba omo, na me she wan use buy wine abi?

2 Likes

Re: The Girl At Shoprite by Ndkings1(m): 11:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Re: The Girl At Shoprite by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 22, 2015
Hahahahaha!! Funny and Interesting!!!
Re: The Girl At Shoprite by vizela20(f): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Lol...cool write-up
Re: The Girl At Shoprite by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2015
grin u try bro
Re: The Girl At Shoprite by boladex1: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
nice one op

(1) (Reply)

ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 13 And 14" Written By @saint_haywhy / POEM: When I Grow Old. / How To Deal With Regrets And Your Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.