Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG (12277 Views)

Lawyers Caught Writing Exams For Students, Law School DG Alleges / We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG / We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
To revive the study of Mathematics in Nigeria, the Federal Government should declare a four-year national emergency in Mathematics, Director/Chief Executive Executive Officer of the National Mathematical Centre, Prof. Adewale Solarin, has said.

The emergency should also include N108 billion bailout for the over 54,000 public primary schools in the country and moving the NMC to the Presidency, while all the private companies in Nigeria should adopt each of the public schools in the country.

According to Solarin, the use of Mathematics to solve electoral puzzle, a feat achieved by Prof. Chike Obi, in the Second Republic, could still be replicated in contemporary Nigeria because “there is Mathematics in everything.”

He spoke in Abuja during the national olympiads awards ceremony for secondary schools in Nigeria and investiture of first distinguished Fellow of NMC, Prof. Sam Ale, who was also its former Director-General.

Solarin said, “The problem is basically for us to have the funds to be able to extend these methods and developing materials to schools. Basically, you know that Maths at the secondary school level is a state affair; education is on the concurrent list. So it takes the state to take interest in the activities of the NMC to be able to reach out to the schools.

“If you see the video on mental arithmetic, the mental maths programme, in a basic public primary school of 200 students and 20 teachers, will cost about N2 million. So, if you can now multiply it by the number of primary schools in Nigeria which is over 54,000, you will be talking about N108 billion. When you are talking of billions, it means something must be done concerning the education budget.

“The private sector and others should be involved and that is one of the reasons we are pleading that every company in this country should adopt each of the 54,000 public primary schools. In the alternative, we should declare national emergency on Mathematics like it is done in other countries. If we declare national emergency, the National Mathematical Centre should be moved to the Presidency and funds will be received from all the various agencies. If the NMC is funded for about 3-4 years, what we are saying now will be completely out.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-need-n108-billion-to-revive-mathematics-nmc-dg/

1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
All hail Economics.

the Best amongst the best smiley

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by sirthisthickkal: 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
undecided

... *sips zobo *...

2 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Omotayor123(f): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Abeg make them just kill mathematics instead of reviving it grin

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
Omotayor123:
you no it is very impossible

1 Like

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
Omotayor123:
Olodo rabata tongue

11 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Youngsage: 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Omotayor123:
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Omotayor123(f): 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Freemanan:

Olodo rabata tongue

Wrong. I'm actually a mathematics tutor.. Just my opinion. Make we rest for unnecessary calculations jare cheesy

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Omotayor123:

Wrong. I'm actually a mathematics tutor.. Just my opinion. Make we rest for unnecessary calculations jare cheesy
in others words, you are indifferent towards your job.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
Omotayor123:

Aii

1 Like

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Omotayor123(f): 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
PublicAdmin:
in others words, you are indifferent towards your job.
Not actually my job... I just help the needy grin

8 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Jamexjulius(m): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2015
K
Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Kinkale(m): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2015
Am I getting better or worse in dis my ftc race?

To the topic.. 10billion? Maths dun dey cost reach monorail o.. Hmm.. I no gree

7 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by veekid(m): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2015
crap!!! that's too much

1 Like

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by pryncemautin: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2015
L
Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by ylaa(f): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
en eh!!! to buy magic blackboard, magic calculator abi for what? you better dont let buhari hear this.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Sicozone(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
Hahahahaha ................ I laf in mathematics....... Just when workers are not being paid nd students so much detest maths......abeg we have other pressing needs jare.... Students studying MTS be like "that's very true,u can't do without us"............

2 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by adexsimply(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
Oh. So Mathematics is in a state of coma?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Simplyunique: 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
peeps are tired of finding "X"... more interested in finding $$$

40 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by shogosco: 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
ridiculously funny grin

2 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Demmocrats(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
Da fu..ck?!! Mehn, who ever made this statement is capable of murder and should be arrested immediately

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by candidbabe(f): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
buhari u no go kill person.
108 what?
nothing person no go hear for Naija.

2 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
mathematics die?

2 Likes

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Profkomolafe(m): 8:18am On Jul 24, 2015
undecidedlets channel that money elsewhere.... B4 we talk anything, dm go dy say find x! Mtchewwww. Since i was born, and now am getting old i still no know maths.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 24, 2015
MATHEMATICS!!!
oh please, they should let that subject stay dead...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 24, 2015
How about they just use d 108 billion to eradicate Mathematics cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by femiranking28(m): 8:19am On Jul 24, 2015
Ehhh unto waiting now, that's too much abi mathematics na human being

1 Like

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by Kx: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2015
We just throw figures around anyhow without showing how those figures are arrived at.

This is not the meaning of the saying that money answerreth all things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG by lonelydora: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2015
How will they revive it? Is it by donating textbooks to students of nowadays who have phobia for mathematics from birth?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeyemo Kazeem Adekunle Wins Coren Overall Best Student Award (photo) / How To Apply For The University College London Scholarship (Nigerians Accepted) / Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.