Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) (35165 Views)

. / Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by yurme(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
Godbles u op
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by aguizm(m): 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
CodeineJunkiee:
This is horrendous and heart wrenching. I don't know why people behave in this manner. Na by force to keep dog.. Some are just in it for the monetary gains. Nothing else

Op Pls continue posting us pictures of his transformation of which I know he's going to be well transformed under your watchful eyes. God bless you for rescuing this poor pooch.

Last Bullet: Even if your dog is a mutt. You are responsible for taking care of the dog and all this silly people discriminating between a pedigree and a local breed. You're part of the cause of this. Even tho the dog up here looks like a pedigree. The issue of discrimination has been over-flogged!
U just said it all .

I know of a friend who is also a nairalander who sold his dog because of the negative response he got from folks concerning the purity of his dog.

May be this innocent dog fell victim to such too.

#stopbreeddiscrimination#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
Really really want to say a BIG thank you to blasiangurl85........ wish I could say more but GOD BLESS YOU!!..

1 Like

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
Skulltwo:
Kudos...You are a hero...May God bless you.
Amen!! Thanks
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
sphinx92:
Kai, but people can be so heartless ehn. God bless you sir
GOD bless u too
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
aguizm:
Yea he is very correct. I remembered when my GSD had a wound under its feet, used healing oil but she kept leaking it and the wound was always fresh. I used the 33 powder for some days and the wound dried up immediately.

Thanks OP, u b really better man.

#stopbreeddiscrimination#
My concern is when he mentioned spirit dont you think that would be too harsh on his skin??
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
yurme:
Godbles u op
Amen.. GOD bless u too
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by blasiangurl85(f): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
vicdamm:
Really really want to say a BIG thank you to blasiangurl85........ wish I could say more but GOD BLESS YOU!!..

You're welcome and I hope to meet him soon. Thank you for rescuing him
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
Wednsday 22nd july 2015
Ok so today was great as the dog jogged a little and what even bursted my head the most was that he actually barked @ my visitor (I was so happy, I left my guest and went to give him a treat)
I washed the wound surface and applied disinfectant and wound cream (didnt see most of the items recomended)
Also mended a part of an old cage to avoid flies hovering arnd him although they cldnt land on him due 2 d repllant in d cream(now the cage is okay dey no born any fly well make him enta)
Also did a little potty training nd he is learning fast
And finally I cleaned his ear (d wax was black and thick lyk used engine oil)
Then..... just to let you know, he has been eating well l8tly (he's a consumer and never jokes with chicken).

1 Like

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
blasiangurl85:

You're welcome and I hope to meet him soon. Thank you for rescuing him
Yea sure... thank you.
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Got methylated spirit and Elicartin powder earlier and applied it to the dogs body after much research and it actually had no bad effect on his skin (he didnt even move when applying the spirit) hope he is okay by 2moro.

1 Share

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by uchpanila(m): 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
vicdamm:
Got methylated spirit and Elicartin powder earlier and applied it to the dogs body after much research and it actually had no bad effect on his skin (he didnt even move when applying the spirit) hope he is okay by 2moro.

Keep it up bro
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by barcaboi(m): 7:15am On Jul 24, 2015
vicdamm:

Thank you very much.. I stay in lagos and any form of assistance would be appreciated.
where in lagos.....u can chk my thread and see how God helped me transform my caucasian. ..u can do it....Let us know ur location
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by barcaboi(m): 7:20am On Jul 24, 2015
vicdamm:

Ive been applying d wound oil I snapped earlier and he is actually sleeping on a matress as he groans in pains each time it tries to sit or lie.
in case I don't see u....Use gential violet or oxytresol on d wounds. ..give glucose often....mix milk (add water), raw egg and glucose...u'll have 2 deworm often though...if deres a Peppersoup joint close by, collect fish gills and intestine. ...cook it with noodles, rice or sweet potato. ...give enuf water with the glucose.....
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by olisafincy(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2015
You are indeed a hero.
Im waiting to see this dog develop very well.
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by nickyvil: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
had been crying the whole time reading through this topic, GOD BLESS u Vic.
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
Finally came to a conclusion of naming the dog "TUFF" for being a very tough dog and fighting very hard to survive.(thanks to a nairalanders wisdom)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
BomboyOnline:

hanks for doing this, I have some pedigree can food in Suru Lere, Lagos. If you can get to Eric Manuel Crescent, I can give you permission to go get the cans of dog food.

Send me your number, this is my first post here. I am not too sure how private messages work.
Really want to thank BomboyOnline for his support and contribution towards helping TUFF get a better life. May GOD bless you and continue to enrich you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by wolewolsz(m): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nice job op... Almost moved to tears... people like u would be celebrated wildly in other countries... Nigeria will get dere one day...
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by wolewolsz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
And to those who have contributed to the rehabilitation of the poor dog God bless n replenish ur pockets too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
vicdamm so bomboy wasn't a scammer afterall. I guess I was quick to judge. To anyone offended my sincere apologies sad. I just find it hard to believe there are angels here since am always dealing with idiots undecided

11 Likes

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by spinna: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
This is turnaround testimony for Tuff..from hanging near death in a canal to pedigree chum and chicken. smiley
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
I already apologized. You just wan rub pepper to my injury. Don't start what your enemies no fit finish undecided undecided undecided
kuzee:
mehn I don't really know what to say,
even when that niqqa declared him a scammer, No one or the op was even moved,
I have honestly seen some dogs like this in my neighbourhood, a rott with broken leg, so on, I just stood watching them, it really hurt
May God bless you bro
and ur Labour shall not be in vain,
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
Want to say a very big thank you to a wonderful petlander who contributed to "TUFFS" life but does not want to be recognized.

5 Likes

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Its me. vicdamm I changed my mind I want to be recognised cool grin grin grin
vicdamm:
Want to say a very big thank you to a wonderful petlander who contributed to "TUFFS" life but does not want to be recognized.

4 Likes

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
uchpanila:

Keep it up bro
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
barcaboi:

where in lagos.....u can chk my thread and see how God helped me transform my caucasian. ..u can do it....Let us know ur location
I stay arnd ojodu berger... as a matter of fact your thread has been a real source of inspiration to me and I know GOD would do it.

2 Likes

Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
barcaboi:

in case I don't see u....Use gential violet or oxytresol on d wounds. ..give glucose often....mix milk (add water), raw egg and glucose...u'll have 2 deworm often though...if deres a Peppersoup joint close by, collect fish gills and intestine. ...cook it with noodles, rice or sweet potato. ...give enuf water with the glucose.....
Thank you very much for the advice... would work on that.
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
olisafincy:
You are indeed a hero.
Im waiting to see this dog develop very well.
Thank you very much...
Indeed I too cannot wait.
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
nickyvil:
had been crying the whole time reading through this topic, GOD BLESS u Vic.
And bless you too.
Re: Rescue Of A Boerboel (VICDAM KENNEL) by vicdamm(m): 11:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
wolewolsz:
Nice job op... Almost moved to tears... people like u would be celebrated wildly in other countries... Nigeria will get dere one day...
Amen o.. thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Owerri Canine Club Dog Walk 2018!!!! / See The Tortoise I Just Caught / Opuowei Brisbe Names His Dog "Okowa", After Delta Governor IFEANYI (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.