Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response (22417 Views)

Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. / The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by swankylay(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
They know that an average Nigerian would lie. So at the same time, they testing ur honesty. As for me, I will tell them "to b honest, of It's What will save d company's name from shame, I will . I Hope u appreciate my honesty. "
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by suremanpatriot: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
...only if it is part of the organisation's policy.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by RapLawd1: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
estyvino:

well asserted

All lie is not lie. Some lies might become necessary due to circumstances

But still all Lie ain't Lie right cheesy cry
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by kolo65(m): 4:35am On Jul 23, 2015
SimpleJetty:
This question is solely meant to test your level of integrity. Your answer should be, having meticulously gone through the core values of the organisation which no doubt was in tune with my values as a being, I believe telling lies would be detrimental to the well-being of this organisation and negates the core values of the organisation. So therefore, if faced with such dire situation, my response will be toll the part of honesty, transparency and accountability which I strongly believe will in the long run favour the organisation.
that is it
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by mrintelligent(m): 6:12am On Jul 23, 2015
DivineU:

Guy, no no try at all. Liars are liable to go to hell. If it is a company that has integrity as a core value then there a problem. I remembered the first interview I had after service where I was asked ; what will you do if after the interview and you get a call from Mobil to resume? I replied that I will join Mobil and supported it with diplomatic points. I was the only person taken in the last interview because other people said they will neglect Mobil offer and wait for the company to take them. I got to know this when I joined them. Try to be honest in your interview.

What was your diplomatic points? share and let us learn from it.
Thanks
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Bosch10(m): 6:26am On Jul 23, 2015
SimpleJetty:
This question is solely meant to test your level of integrity. Your answer should be, having meticulously gone through the core values of the organisation which no doubt was in tune with my values as a being, I believe telling lies would be detrimental to the well-being of this organisation and negates the core values of the organisation. So therefore, if faced with such dire situation, my response will be toll the part of honesty, transparency and accountability which I strongly believe will in the long run favour the organisation.
I doff my hat 4 ur comment

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Bosch10(m): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2015
My response wil be:sir,this organisation cannot fetch me eternity.simply said
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by ModiKen(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2015
rationalmind:
I do have a very strong policy against lying and I, just like Immanuel Kant, posit that lying is always morally wrong and there's no circumstance under which lying is justifiable.

In view of that, I'll not lie to save my organisation.

Let me ask a question. Lets assume you are a devout muslim who is against religious discrimination of any kind.

For a example you are faced with a situation where you are in Northern Nigeria and there is a widespread persecution and killing of Christians in the state where you reside and during the killings a man and his family run into your compound, begging you to please give them a place to hid.

You happen to have an underground basement where you hide them; you tell them to hide in the basement and you cover it up.

After a few minutes, a muslim mob show up at your house, looking furious and deadly, demanding to know if you have seen a man and his family around your vicinity or if you know their where about.

Would you lie to the mob that you have no knowledge of the christian family's where about or would you give that man, his wife and two kids up, just because Immanuel Kant said lying is moral wrong?

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Durojelife(m): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2015
HOT Men's Watches, Women's watches & Bracelets at GIVE AWAY PRICES now available on Konga.
Get amazing deals NOW! Shop here NOW >>> konga.com/globallandmark
or whatsapp - 08123864454.

Please Note: If the above link is not clickable, kindly copy and paste it into another tab.

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Durojelife(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Exclusive training deals on Konga! Make 200-300k per month GUARANTEED!!!
4 IN 1 Video Guide on Fiverr, Importation business, Affiliate marketing & Information marketing NOW available for practical step by step learning @ a discount price. The sure way to Learn & Earn.
Click here to order NOW - konga.com/the-ultimate-4-in-1-video-course-1839248
or whatsapp - 08123864454.

Please Note: If the above link is not clickable, kindly copy and paste it into another tab.

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 23, 2015
ModiKen:

Let me ask a question. Lets assume you are a devout muslim who is against religious discrimination of any kind.

For a example you are faced with a situation where you are in Northern Nigeria and there is a widespread persecution and killing of Christians in the state where you reside and during the killings a man and his family run into your compound, begging you to please give them a place to hid.

You happen to have an underground basement where you hide them; you tell them to hide in the basement and you cover it up.

After a few minutes, a muslim mob show up at your house, looking furious and deadly, demanding to know if you have seen a man and his family around your vicinity or if you know their where about.

Would you lie to the mob that you have no knowledge of the christian family's where about or would you give that man, his wife and two kids up, just because Immanuel Kant said lying is moral wrong?

I'll answer your question but let's consider this hypothetical scenario before I do.

Let's assume for a second I lie to them I haven't seen them. However, someone in the mob insists they check my house. On searching the house, the man, his wife and two kids were found. What will happen next isn't so hard to imagine. They will only not be killed, I'll also be killed together with them.

The reason you think lying is the only resort is because you have failed to consider the likely consequences of lying.

Now to answer your question, I'll have to be engage them in a honest communication, plea and negotiation which I believe will produce better results than lying.

N.B: As much as I can, I try to always run away from keeping secrets.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by UTEWUOJO: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
Remember dat u will b under pressure 2 answer dis question, do u guys think dey will be time 4 composure & grammar?

3 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Tbillz(m): 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
UTEWUOJO:
Remember dat u will b under pressure 2 answer dis question, do u guys think dey will be time 4 composure & grammar?
well said brother
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by ModiKen(m): 7:18am On Jul 26, 2015
rationalmind:

I'll answer your question but let's consider this hypothetical scenario before I do.

Let's assume for a second I lie to them I haven't seen them. However, someone in the mob insists they check my house. On searching the house, the man, his wife and two kids were found. What will happen next isn't so hard to imagine. They will only not be killed, I'll also be killed together with them.

The reason you think lying is the only resort is because you have failed to consider the likely consequences of lying.

Now to answer your question, I'll have to be engage them in a honest communication, plea and negotiation which I believe will produce better results than lying.

N.B: As much as I can, I try to always run away from keeping secrets.

But no matter what, we all have secrets. Everyone has got some skeleton in his waderobe which he wouldn't want the world to know.

In that hyperthetical scenerio, as a devout muslim who is know as such by the mob, they would take your words seriously.

If you fear that on the contrary they decide not to; insisting on searching ur house, so you would perfer to give up that family to be slaughtered like goats right in front of you, just not to tell a lie or keep a " secret".

If you do that, you have already died within you before even dying in the physical, your "moral" conscience is dead already.

You said you would negotiate and communicate with the mob. grin grin

Negotiating with an angry mob? grin grin

Negotiate with them on what terms; that you have them in your house but 'please they should spare their lives'?

By doing that u have already written your death sentence!
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Ataisi4real(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
SimpleJetty:
http://PayRefe.com/?ref=111248

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Answer That Pesky “tell Me About Yourself" Question In An Interview / An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.