Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? (13462 Views)

Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? / Where Did I Go Wrong Here?- A True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2009
I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years. We’ve had our ups and downs which involved him cheating and me finding out, but we worked things out. Things have been going well until he suddenly began to distance himself from me. The communication began sliding down. I’ll call him, he’s busy and all that without even seeing for about 2-3 months, even when I needed help, just wanted to see his reaction, he failed me. All these happened for 2-3 months. After, he began calling me, of cause I didn’t want to see him but we finally met and he broke down, crying that he knows he had failed me, I should pray to God to forgive him for me and I should, that I’m the only woman that has stood by him and loved him. I forgave him after a while but still didn’t find answer as to why he could distance himself for that long without any reasonable reason to someone he claimed he loved. His reply to that was Sorry and it would never happen again.

Though things were going much better than ever, I decided to see if I could find answers through his face book in which I suspected a particular lady that they could be more than friends. She is an actress though not popular and they’ve been friends for so long
So I opened an account with a different name and set the profile picture with my boyfriend and I and before 5 mins, that particular lady and her friend had asked me for a friend request. She then changed her pic to one which she and my bf had taken at an event, also during that period when he distanced himself and acting strange, also added new pics of just him. Under one of them she wrote “Me and my baby”. Other people made comments such as “cute couple” and all that love words. Of cause I was crushed, and then called my bf immediately, he didn’t pick up. Next day, he called me and started yelling at me, that "I disrespected him, by putting the pic without his permission, called me all names and told me “it was over” to leave him alone, I've killed all the feelings he had for me, he loved me so much and im doing all these. All these he did through the phone. I sent him messages, was that why he treated me the way he did during that period, and why he would be so mad to that extent just because of a pic except he had something with the lady which he denied?

Guys, how would you react to your lady if she does something like this? Would you be angry or sorry? Where did I go wrong in this situation?

Ladies, what would you do in this situation?
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 12, 2009
are you asking questions? You know what to do babe.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
He said I was wrong and disrespected him by putting the picture of us without asking him and also with a fake name. How can someone be that angry to that extent?? even after he was going through some difficulties, money wise, I gave him my money I would have used for myself and for bills to settle himself.
I talked to different men about the situation and they all said i did nothing wrong, he was the one at fault.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Treetop20(m): 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
facebook is not worth all the drama
it creates. you went digging and now
you have found out he is keeping her as girlfriend
it is now up to you to decide what you want to do
play second fiddle or quit the relationship
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 11:36pm On Mar 12, 2009
I know i should move on, but still, I can't seem to understand. That's what i told him, that is it facebook that would make him tell me ''it's over" and if he was keeping her, why he should come back to me, take me for engagement ring and plead love to me, call me every second, seeing almost everyday.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Treetop20(m): 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
keep asking questions
when you are ready to move on you will

1 Like

Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Sissy3(f): 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2009
seriously if it was me  i will leave him, he is only angry cox he got caught
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2009
Treetop20

Maybe you didn't understand my post. I never mentioned I was hanging on, I was talking about the situation because it's very shocking, that he just turned everything to me and never admitted he was wrong.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Treetop20(m): 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2009
well sometimes you can never understand human beings
and their behaviors especially when they feel they are
done with you
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2009
It's not just about walking away and just moving on, I decide to move on doesn't mean I wouldn't think about the situation. It's humilating and still we weren't fighting or anything. He blamed me for disrespecting him that I even thought I was gulity but couldn't even find any atom of guilt.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by touchmeder: 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2009
Diva1:

He said I was wrong and disrespected him by putting the picture of us without asking him and also with a fake name. How can someone be that angry to that extent??
I talked to different men about the situation and they all said i did nothing wrong, he was the one at fault.

my dear i just dey vex like say na me be u. That is pure nonsense, rubbish. And to make matters worse he is angry.Angry over what?

He has cheated once before he played dumb for 2-3 months with no good reason. If sth like that still disturbed me, i have every right to inquire and investigate(where i can) what happened during that period and that you did. That lady still has some sort of hold on him. You should be the angry person here, he should be the one begging. And the nerve to break up with u on phone. Respect nor dey i must say. You should be very glad, he has revealed this part of himself to you. You know what to do now i guess.

1 Like

Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2009
Even when I ended the message with "Let God be the judge", he replied the same too. That he loved me and I did something like this. I care(d)about this guy for 3yrs, after so much time, effort etc, this is how it turned out to be , the most unusual way? I wanted to tell his mum and sister but i felt it would sound desperate. Have you ever been humilated and angry but calm at the same time because it's more like shock.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by touchmeder: 12:07am On Mar 13, 2009
~Sissy~:

seriously if it was me  i will leave him, he is only angry cox he got caught

Exactly, can u imagine. Another thing please dont exchange words with this actress girl, write on her page or send stuff to her inbox (on facebook)That would be pretty petty and u will be demeaning urself. Inshort i would advise u to delete that ur fake profile. ur mission has bin accomplished. Dont beg him or try to call him let the tables be turned and watch his so called anger fizzle out. he will soon begin to fool himself.

1 Like

Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2009
Diva1, a man will always try to shift his guilt to you . . . dont fall into that trap. Calmly ignore him from now on.

1 Like

Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by touchmeder: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2009
Diva1:

Even when I ended the message with "Let God be the judge", he replied the same too. That he loved me and I did something like this. I care(d)about this guy for 3yrs, after so much time, effort etc, this is how it turned out to be , the most unusual way? I wanted to tell his mum and sister but i felt it would sound desperate. Have you ever been humiliated and angry but calm at the same time because it's more like shock.

i know i know sometimes its easier said than done. its painful 3years was indeed a long time to invest in a relationship,but look at it now. Girl just do wetin dey ur mind ok.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Treetop20(m): 12:15am On Mar 13, 2009
davidylan:

Diva1, a man will always try to shift his guilt to you . . . dont fall into that trap. Calmly ignore him from now on.
listen to what he has said.
he feels guilty and he knows he has cocked up
but if he can guilt trip you somehow to feel a tad bad
then he will feel better
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 2:44am On Mar 13, 2009
touchmeder:

i know i know sometimes its easier said than done. its painful 3years was indeed a long time to invest in a relationship,but look at it now. Girl just do wetin dey ur mind ok.

My mind is telling me to move on. I have nothing against this actress if she didn't know but still nemesis would catch up and it would affect them. How can after everything, just turn his back this way? Was she there when he was sick and I was there, or is the millions of guys(doctors,etc) I didn't even look at twice and he could just turn his back this way? Wow!
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Baudex(m): 2:55am On Mar 13, 2009
Lol
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 3:00am On Mar 13, 2009
Baudex, what could possibly be funny?
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 3:43am On Mar 13, 2009
His birthday is saturday, with this situation, is it still reasonable for me to wish him a happy Birthday or not?
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Hotstepper(f): 4:42am On Mar 13, 2009
u did nuthing wrong, men alwayz use their fault against the ladies, dump his ass cuz he doesnt deserve ur stress

1 Like

Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by rite2salas(m): 4:52am On Mar 13, 2009
Diva1:

His birthday is saturday, with this situation, is it still reasonable for me to wish him a happy Birthday or not?
NOOOOOOOOO Free the guy Gurl, show him u a sophiticated girl, let him know you can live your life and be happy without him. honestly, the more you think about him, the more you'd likely get hurt. dont wash your dirty linen in public, both of them will ridicule and make fun of you. Relax, Chill, Calm and Soothe your nerves, you deserve better. Just accept it as faith; if you guys are not destined or made for each other, there's no point in tryin to force things to work out, you'd only complicate the issues! If you ignore him for a while, maybe he'd come to his senses, if not let HIM GO for GOOD!

Thats my 50 kobo to the issue cheesy
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by biina: 5:06am On Mar 13, 2009
I beg disown the fella - arrant nonsense.

Its irritating that you entertained the thought of you being guilty by your actions. The useless guy disrespected himself by cheating on you. Now he is trying to avoid the accusations by going on the offensive.

IMO the risk is always too high to continue in a relationship with an unfaithful partner. You should have dumped him the first time he misbehaved.

BTW if I ever hear again that you as much as remember his birthday, I go personally come discipline you. It should be good riddance to very bad rubbish.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by topup: 5:31am On Mar 13, 2009
Well, he's obviously in the wrong and doesn't have the guts to tell you the truth, instead he's making it seem like your fault, you went snooping because you could not trust him and rightly so since he had betrayed you before. I think he was just looking for an excuse to dump you, sorry, but he claims that the relationship failed because of your snooping and disrespecting, however, he completely neglected to focus on the fact that he disrespected you first and three times, by cheating on you, then ignoring you and then having another girlfriend.

Him letting you go may have been the best thing that could have happened in your relationship. Get a better guy, there are many many good guys out there!!

Hmpf!! 3 years and he still had the nerves to play games!
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 6:03am On Mar 13, 2009
topup:

Hmpf!! 3 years and he still had the nerves to play games!

That's what baffles me cos I speak to his mum every now and then and sister, taking me for engagement ring and then this It's just hard to understand. I didn't hold him back, he was the one holding me and didn't want to let go and then this. I'm just like despite me being on the good side, he didn't lose anything or would not regret anything. This is an actress that could introduce him to their world, popularity and all.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Czarskit(m): 6:04am On Mar 13, 2009
Anoda Facebook wahala!

In the past two months, Facebook has:

1. Re-united old lovers.
2. Led 2 marriages.
3. Helped the cops in apprehending a thief.
4. Led to the break-up of a 'cropple'.

@ op

Ur bf is just one lame dog! Who barks loudly when his broken bone gets kicked.

Dump his as*. U weren't wrong in ANY way (only say u get small over sabi). He's only trying to shift the blame on you. Good Riddance! angry
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Diva1(f): 6:09am On Mar 13, 2009
While I'm here hurt, angry, trying to really understand what's going on, he's out there upgrading himself,. I just wish karma, Newayz there is a God.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by bubblegum(f): 6:45am On Mar 13, 2009
dump his silly ass and move on wiv ur life gurl.
i know its really hard for u to do dat after 3 gud years but dat doesnt matter
move on gurl!!!
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by nethacker(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2009
@poster(Diva),Yeeeeee!!!! shocked shocked madam just move on d guy did like my girl and was only looking for excuse.If wat u told nairalanders was wat actually happened,then the GODS of the land will lead u to the right destination.God be with u, end of discussion wink
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by bhumeeus: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2009
I just hate guys like that, When u find out they've done something wrong,they make u feel guilty for finding out. He's just using reverse psychology my dear, he's not worth u and plenty other women out there.

Now I understand uv invested 3 whole years on this looser of a guy, but am thinking, is this what ur ready to put up with if u guys get marriedYou better dont make that mistake.Please move on,you'll heal with time and you'll find a more deserving man who'll love you, take you to movies at 12am , take u out and come back home with you by 5am.Who'll appreciate you cooking for him, wash his clothes and have sex with him.
Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Tonyet1(m): 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2009
please dont be annoyed o, i dont intend to do this,

but plssssssssss who owns this shoes?

i heard it was >>>>>>>ehm?

i cant remember the name again

Re: Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? by Gabry(f): 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2009
Poster, how can you believe anything on the net? I have met a few Nairalanders here whom happen to flirt alot with the ladies here and some ladies here took it soo seriously that they made it sound serious and the guy thought the lady is fooling around so he made it even serious but in his real life, he is a married man and he has responsibilities and he is a whole new set of person. he said he do that just to have fun and also to release his tension from work. SO at times, whatever you see on his FB or anywhere might not be real.

Why dony you just talk to him and tell him how do you feel and all and get it over with.?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Large Milk Factory, Nigeria Instagram Model Lady With Huge Boobs Shows It Off / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men / Why Are Fine Girls Always Very Difficult To Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.