Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:41 PM

First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC (42678 Views)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Miranda11: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
This kind of policy should not be mandatory as not everyone is cut out to teach. It should be discretionary. Afterall some 1st class people would prefer to work in Oil and Gas, Banking, Telecoms or other sectors. I know people that have graduated with 1st class and 2:1 and they can't even draft a memo without grammatical errors and wrong use of tense. These days 1st class and 2:1 is not dat hard to make as you can cram your way to it, I have seen that first hand with my university class mate.
Even the multinationals know that a 1st class and 2:1 is not what will make one a good candidate for the job, it might get you through the door but it won't push you up the ladder.
There are loads of people with 2:2 that are doing a much better job than those with a 1st class and 2:1.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by ghettodreamz(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Good News smiley
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Preator: 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
their fada. after making me teach mathematics to JSS 1 students in an obscure village for a year
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Preator: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
Miranda11:
This kind of policy should not be mandatory as not everyone is cut out to teach. It should be discretionary. Afterall some 1st class people would prefer to work in Oil and Gas, Banking, Telecoms or other sectors. I know people that have graduated with 1st class and 2:1 and they can't even draft a memo without grammatical errors and wrong use of tense. These days 1st class and 2:1 is not dat hard to make as you can cram your way to it, I have seen that first hand with my university class mate.
Even the multinationals know that a 1st class and 2:1 is not what will make one a good candidate for the job, it might get you through the door but it won't push you up the ladder.
There are loads of people with 2:2 that are doing a much better job than those with a 1st class and 2:1.
abeg, no offense o, wetin u graduate wt? and y u no cram when ur classmate dey cram?

3 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by piagetskinner(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
i didn' t have a 1st class and i served in a federal university... so whats the biggie undecided
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by MsFaith: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Stelvin101:
You people waited for me to finish my service before planning this abi embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin they got you from your village
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by MrsAnyanwu(f): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
powejune:
while they were chasing first class, I was chasing business and education, I came out with 2:1 and I own my company now, 4years after school tongue
kudos!
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
MsFaith:

grin they got you from your village
LMFAO. Ogwefia! My shadow can't be seen not to talk of me tongue
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by vanen2: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
abei:

IT WASNT IMPLEMENTED ANYWHERE.
MA FOLKS WHO CAME OUT WITH FIRST CLASS ARE ALL IN SOME REMOTE VILLAGES IN IMO STATE...
I have evidence. Call those your mates again and cofam. I'm KD/15A/4***
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by vanen2: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
sophiadfirst:

Abi, no be for poly I dey serve? mtcheew next news
you see!! Some think say poly no be tertiary institution just because na Poly. And where first Class no plenty, We second class are ever ready to occupy
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by chax100(f): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
pocohantas:

Welcome back
You get your own First Class for Nairaland, serving in Front Page cheesy.

Kikikikikikikikikikikikikiki... INTROVERT don suffer for your hand. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by MevsU(m): 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Preator:

abeg, no offense o, wetin u graduate wt? and y u no cram when ur classmate dey cram?

God bless u for this response bro, is cramming not part of reading skills?
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Lawsimon(m): 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
First class mi economy class ko...
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by STENON(f): 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Wow...wow... Wow... I'm very happy just because of this. Thank You Oh Lord for this.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Preator: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
MevsU:

God bless u for this response bro, is cramming not part of reading skills?
if na so cramming easy, den let everybody try it and get first class.

I don't beef people who are better in one field, cos I am better in other fields too. ( even if na to eat)
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by RealEstate36: 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
Na wa! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by MevsU(m): 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Preator:

if na so cramming easy, den let everybody try it and get first class.

I don't beef people who are better in one field, cos I am better in other fields too. ( even if na to eat)

Na so bros
I just don't understand the reason y people r always ready to talk down the achievement of others.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
NYSC is a useless scheme, it should be scraped, it's time-wasting.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 23, 2015
powejune:
while they were chasing first class, I was chasing business and education, I came out with 2:1 and I own my company now, 4years after school tongue

So?
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Shinelle(f): 12:57am On Jul 23, 2015
Whenever some people see 'first class '... it's like pepper has been rubbed on their entire body...
First class graduates cram... bla bla
examination isnt 'true' test of knowledge...lol what is?
most 2.1 perform better if given opportunity. .
was your 4-5 years not enough "opportunity"?

Hate it or take it... There will always be strata and 1 will continually come before 2 in numerals..

#quitthehate #embraceall #Lovethyself #Leavethemalone

6 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by gboyetade: 6:37am On Jul 23, 2015
I am not cool with aspect of banning them from postgraduate studies
fkaz:

http://thenationonlineng.net/first-class-graduates-to-serve-in-tertiary-institutions-nysc/
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:43am On Jul 23, 2015
Stelvin101:
You people waited for me to finish my service before planning this abi embarassed embarassed embarassed

Tell me about it! Mschewww?
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 23, 2015
ThoniaSlim:

Tell me about it! Mschewww?
Madam e nova reach quarrel na
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by FBLJ(m): 8:17am On Jul 23, 2015
Good News, I wish this was in my time. It would really have been nice serving in a higher institution. by now man for don become doctor
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by jwils(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2015
Stelvin101:
bros, u no graduate with first class
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2015
jwils:
bros, u no graduate with first class

Hahahaha, u dey Maduiguri dey attack me abi. when last u watch television sef and how u te get network come Nairaland lol.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Coolcash1: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2015
ninodaniel:
Third class students will serve in d motor park while pass students to serve in prisons. cool

Guy you wiicked oo.... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Donpizzle(m): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2015
tall2ce:
I finished with 2:1 and was posted to O.A.U
batch A 2015

did u runse it? pls reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service / Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps / Corper Dies In Accident In Jos On His Way To His PPA. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.