Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Bank SMS Alert Scam - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bank SMS Alert Scam (1109 Views)

I Need Sms Alert Or Notification For Forum / Mail Script With Sms Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank SMS Alert Scam by NaijaScams: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
My dear Nigerians,

There is a new scam I was just told of, on how a lady was scammed of N2.7m.

The story goes like this (this is not exactly word from but a summary):

A lady wanted to sell her car for N2.7m and took it to a place to showcase it. Someone saw the car and indicated interest, so he contacted the lady. They met somewhere to discuss further on it and an agreement was made. The lady gave the man her bank details and he left.

After some time the man said he was going to send the money and later she received an SMS alert from her bank that the sum of money had been deposited in her account, at which time the man came to pick up the car.

She handed the keys over to him and he drove away.

The lady later went to the bank and she found out that the amount in question was not deposited in her account but the scammer forged the SMS alert to look like it came from her bank.

Please, let’s use this unfortunate experience to take proper precautions when dealing with people we do not know.

Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by IME1: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
sorry to burst your 'breaking news' this scam has been on since...
in Queens English
'It is not today!'
Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by FincoApps(m): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Seriously ?? didn't know about this one shocked. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by bigiyaro(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
how to detect or avoid dis scam; 1. Don't use ur regular sim to open bank acct, try having another sim diffrent from d one u use in sendin sms or make calls or give to pple in general. I normally a sim in my tab, no way am i recievin an alert on dat sim if its not from d bank. 2: check ur total bank bal if it colorates wit d last alert u got. eg if ur last bal was 2k der is no way d scmer will know n of cos d alert must show u ur total bal. Lastly always try to verify d transaction via internet bankin app, am sure most banks have apps.

1 Like

Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by FincoApps(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Niceee
bigiyaro:
how to detect or avoid dis scam; 1. Don't use ur regular sim to open bank acct, try having another sim diffrent from d one u use in sendin sms or make calls or give to pple in general. I normally a sim in my tab, no way am i recievin an alert on dat sim if its not from d bank. 2: check ur total bank bal if it colorates wit d last alert u got. eg if ur last bal was 2k der is no way d scmer will know n of cos d alert must show u ur total bal. Lastly always try to verify d transaction via internet bankin app, am sure most banks have apps.
Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by NaijaScams: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Good day,

Thank you but this just came to our notice, and thought it wise to let people know and be more careful in case of similar events in the future

Regards

IME1:
sorry to burst your 'breaking news' this scam has been on since...
in Queens English
'It is not today!'

1 Like

Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by NaijaScams: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2015
Good day,

Thanks alot for the info

bigiyaro:
Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by IME1: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
NaijaScams:
Good day,

Thank you but this just came to our notice, and thought it wise to let people know and be more careful in case of similar events in the future

Regards

good day too

thanks

didn't mean any harm, really

one love
Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by NaijaScams: 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
Not a problem

IME1:

good day too

thanks

didn't mean any harm, really

one love
Re: Bank SMS Alert Scam by eliteweb(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
bigiyaro:

Nice one!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video : How To Create Custom Email Address For Blogger Blog / Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum / [updated] Get All Programming & Web Tutorials and OTHERS For Just 250 naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.