Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss (31044 Views)

Avoiding Cancellation Of USA B1/B2 Visa At The Port Of Entry, POE / Revoked Us B1/b2 Visa In Usa / USA B1/B2 Visa,what Are The Requirement And Documents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
I had my USA B1/B2 visa cancelled WITH PREJUDICE. Please i will appreciate comments and advice from people that have been in this situation and how they resolved it... Thanks
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by khel(m): 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
serious matter ooooo, house over to una!!!
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Lucasbalo(m): 6:33am On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:
I had my USA B1/B2 visa cancelled WITH PREJUDICE. Please i will appreciate comments and advice from people that have been in this situation and how they resolved it... Thanks
There must be a reason why your B1/B2 visa is canceled. It's a very rare thing for the Embassy to cancel an issued visa but I have seen it before.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 7:33am On Jul 23, 2015
Was it cancelled at the point of entry or embassy
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Miami11:
Was it cancelled at the point of entry or embassy

Point of Entry
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:05am On Jul 23, 2015
Lucasbalo:
There must be a reason why your B1/B2 visa is canceled. It's a very rare thing for the Embassy to cancel an issued visa but I have seen it before.

At the point of entry, the immigration officers said they were not just convinced i was going tonjust visit. You'll be surprised how many visas gey cancelled at the point of entry.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Lucasbalo(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:

At the point of entry, the immigration officers said they were not just convinced i was going tonjust visit. You'll be surprised how many visas gey cancelled at the point of entry.
Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, you must have made some mistakes for that to happen. Which city was that ?.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by tellwisdom: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2015
Bro, you probably did few things contrary to what you filled on your form and that, to them, seem lies.

Travel somewhere else bro.sad

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 8:55am On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:

they must have asked u some questions which u answered wrongly. Maybe if u give us a brief insight of what actually happened ppl may be able advice u better
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:

Point of Entry

What airline did you use? What city was your arrival, what questions did they ask you
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by 19naia(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
Maybe you answered their questions with replies that contradicted your pre visa interview and questionaire.?

Maybe your accompanied baggage had a commercial load appearance of too many items to claim as just for your own personal use?

Was there contraband involved? Did they call your USA contacts before or during your arrival and find no one on the line to answer? Or maybe the person who answered could not corroborate your filed personal information?

Did you disrespect and curse at some people at home as you were leaving with the impression that you will never have to deal with them again? Because maybe they have "do you from village" something involving chicken blood and other items of fettish and entranced frenzy?

Sorry about the wasted money on airfare, i hope you did not drain life savings just to make the trip.

4 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
Did you have a return ticket?
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
Miami11:
Did you have a return ticket?
no airline will board him with a one way ticket on B1 or B2 visa .
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
onatisi:
no airline will board him with a one way ticket on B1 or B2 visa .
I'm trying to hear from him, so.we can figure out what happened
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, you must have made some mistakes for that to happen. Which city was that ?.

I certaintly did make some mistakes when i think back. It came across as 'i dey come not to go again'. I just want to hear from people that might have been through similar situation or can give expert advise, preferably from experience.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
onatisi:
they must have asked u some questions which u answered wrongly. Maybe if u give us a brief insight of what actually happened ppl may be able advice u better

It happened as you have said. I didn't think it was important to fly according to what i filed since i already had my visa and again, i had genuine intentions to come back so i didnt think it was a big deal
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:

It happened as you have said. I didn't think it was important to fly according to what i filed since i already had my visa and again, i had genuine intentions to come back so i didnt think it was a big deal
I don't think that was the reason . Maybe there are some other things u said which just didn't convince them u had the intentions of returning.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
Miami11:

What airline did you use? What city was your arrival, what questions did they ask you

I didnt use a direct flight. Some questions and my responses are as below:

Officer: You were to enter the country from point A, why did are you entering from pont B?
Me: I changed plans
Officer: 'Quiet'

I did not carry alot of physical cash
Officer: You do not have enough money for the period of your trip?
Me: Cashwise, Yes but i have money kept for my trip. I can show you
Officer: We do not want to verify that, we prefer seeing cash it shows us that you are prepared for your trip
Me: How would you then have me prove availability of funds? As i am willing to do that

I planned staying for a month or more but since i was told the length of time i will stay will be confirmed at the point of entry
Officer: How long are you staying for?
Me: 4weeks but added a joke 'since i heard it depends on how long i am stamped for at the point of entry i might stay some more if i am given longer time' *I was smiling* just to reduce the tension
Officer: I dont think so! then goes Quiet while smiling as if to say 'see this one'

Many more questions and responses from me. Waited for them to decide. Long and short of it, the final decision came

Officer: we do not think you want to come to the US to just visit, we think you have other intentions so we are withdrawing your visa today. Do you want to willingly withdraw or figth the decison?
Me: Its fine, i will withdraw
Officer: I am giving you the opportunity to be able to apply again in your country but if you had failed to agree or comply you will be thrown in Jail
Me: 'In my mind' Jail ke? me i came to enjoy myself not sleep in jail biko... Thunder! Lool
Officer: Thank you

I opened my passport and what i see is 'Visa Cancelled with prejudice'.. I didnt think much of it till i got back home and read up on it. I was just weak.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
Sorry for your experience
Looks like you were not forthcoming enough with your answers
Next time answer directly
no joking with those officers

Was this in Dallas or Houston
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
19naia:
Maybe you answered their questions with replies that contradicted your pre visa interview and questionaire.?

Maybe your accompanied baggage had a commercial load appearance of too many items to claim as just for your own personal use?

Was there contraband involved? Did they call your USA contacts before or during your arrival and find no one on the line to answer? Or maybe the person who answered could not corroborate your filed personal information?

Did you disrespect and curse at some people at home as you were leaving with the impression that you will never have to deal with them again? Because maybe they have "do you from village" something involving chicken blood and other items of fettish and entranced frenzy?

Sorry about the wasted money on airfare, i hope you did not drain life savings just to make the trip.

Maybe you answered their questions with replies that contradicted your pre visa interview and questionaire.? Yes, this happend
Maybe your accompanied baggage had a commercial load appearance of too many items to claim as just for your own personal use? Well, probably

Was there contraband involved? Did they call your USA contacts before or during your arrival and find no one on the line to answer? Or maybe the person who answered could not corroborate your filed personal information? Contrabands 'No', about my contacts i cannot answer that to be honest
Did you disrespect and curse at some people at home as you were leaving with the impression that you will never have to deal with them again? Because maybe they have "do you from village" something involving chicken blood and other items of fettish and entranced frenzy? No man can do me, it happened because God wanted it to happen but you can enlighten me
Sorry about the wasted money on airfare, i hope you did not drain life savings just to make the trip? Not at all, Lool

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
Miami11:
Sorry for your experience
Looks like you were not forthcoming enough with your answers
Next time answer directly
no joking with those officers

Was this in Dallas or Houston

None of the above, and i wanted to go through JFK o! I too like play, i wanted to chop the life of my head! Smh. Lool

Yes o! They dont listen to you, what they think is what they think.

Do you or anyone know if it will affect my appication for Visas to other countries?
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:

I didnt use a direct flight. Some questions and my responses are as below:

Officer: You were to enter the country from point A, why did are you entering from pont B?
Me: I changed plans

I did not carry alot of physical cash
Officer: You do not have enough money for the period of your trip?
Me: Cashwise, Yes but i have money kept for my trip. I can show you
Officer: We do not want to verify that, we prefer seeing cash it shows us that you are prepared for your trip
Me: How would you then have me prove availability of funds? As i am willing to do that

I planned staying for a month or more but since i was told the length of time i will stay will be confirmed at the point of entry
Officer: How long are you staying for?
Me: 4weeks but added a joke 'since i heard it depends on how long i am stamped for at the point of entry i might stay some more if i am given longer time' *I was smiling* just to reduce the tension
Officer: I dont think so! then goes Quiet while smiling as if to say 'see this one'

Many more questions and responses from me. Waited for them to decide. Long and short of it, the final decision came

Officer: we do not think you want to come to the US to just visit, we think you have other intentions so we are withdrawing your visa today. Do you want to willingly withdraw or figth the decison?
Me: Its fine, i will withdraw
Officer: I am giving you the opportunity to be able to apply again in your country but if you had failed to agree or comply you will be thrown in Jail
Me: 'In my mind' Jail ke? me i came to enjoy myself not sleep in jail biko... Thunder! Lool
Officer: Thank you

I opened my passport and what i see is 'Visa Cancelled with prejudice'.. I didnt think much of it till i got back home and read up on it. I was just weak.
they were very very correct and right to have rejected u. U changed plans , u didn't even know how long u were going to stay ,lastly u didn't have cash on you although that is excusable if there was someone in that city waiting for u and who can confirm u will be staying with him . To them ,you just came to see if you can stay . Don't worry though ,if u reapply they will give u another visa . Even the issue of changing plans or entry point is even pardonable and excusable . The main point that discredited u was that u were not sure how long u intended to stay in usa.

4 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by tellwisdom: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:

None of the above, and i wanted to go through JFK o! I too like play, i wanted to chop the life of my head! Smh. Lool

Do you or anyone know if it will affect my appication for Visas to other countries?

No bro. But why would they think of throwing you in jail?? Maybe probably to investigate your mission in the States... My guy admit sharp sharp grin
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:

No it shouldn't affect your chance to travel, my mum is coming in a week that is why am seeking details, now don't run back to US Embassy soon, give it time to cool off
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
I think the fact you were not straight forward to the length of your stay messed it up
Next time before you travel stop here for guidance
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Appreciate the responses received so far. But i am waiting to hear from those that have been in this similar situation.

The only penalty i have gathered so far for a visa cancelled 'ON PREJUDICE' is a five year ban from the US. I want to know what other penalties are attached to what they referred to as 'Misrepresentation'
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
iContribute:
Appreciate the responses received so far. But i am waiting to hear from those that have been in this similar situation.

The only penalty i have gathered so far for a visa cancelled 'ON PREJUDICE' is a five year ban from the US. I want to know what other penalties are attached to what they referred to as 'Misrepresentation'
The red flag here was you not having a return ticket.. All other excuses they gave were watery... Like travelling heavy or changed POE..
Common, who does that? You travelling with a tourist visa without a return ticket? sad sad
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by souleymon(m): 2:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Damn. I can't imagine the pain getting there and being turned back.
Sorry bro, visa is never guaranteed until you through at P.O.E
You definitely didn't take the P.O.E serious especially traveling there for the first time and coming from a flagged country

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 3:13am On Jul 24, 2015
souleymon:
Damn. I can't imagine the pain getting there and being turned back.
Sorry bro, visa is never guaranteed until you through at P.O.E
You definitely didn't take the P.O.E serious especially traveling there for the first time and coming from a flagged country
he never mentioned anything about tickets in his writeup. And moreover no airline will board him on a B1 B2 visa without buying a return ticket
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 5:30am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:
he never mentioned anything about tickets in his writeup. And moreover no airline will board him on a B1 B2 visa without buying a return ticket
I suspect he did not have a return ticket on hand.
Some flights will book you with no return ticket
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by worry357: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2015
He tried to be clever with his answers to the official at point of entry and got hot slapped! grin

Remember these people are doing a stressfull job and may have been working for hours seeing thousands of people.
You might think that you are being funny but their reaction may be rejection stamp!
No one has a "right of entry" they have the power to send anyone back home. Remember that. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 24, 2015
Why did your plans change? And how soon after the interview did they change?

These are all things you should consider - when someone goes to a visa interview and is granted a visa for a purpose, that doesn't mean you show up somewhere else with a different purpose. That was not the intent in issuing your visa...

Aside from the fact that it was the wrong time and place to make a joke about staying for as long as you can, there are a LOT of questions surrounding when anyone shows up at POE with a different intent than when they applied for a visa.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road / Tree Fell On Man's Car In Ghana (photos) / Policeman Hit By Car Dies In Kaduna (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.