Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,482 members, 7,801,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari (19206 Views)

How Dasuki Arrested Buhari In 1985 & Destroyed His 1st Marriage / Dasuki Denies Implicating Anyone In Arms Procurement Probe / 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by kahal29: 4:17am On Jul 23, 2015
Embattled former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki has denied arresting President Muhammadu Buhari, shortly after he was overthrown as a Military Head of State in August 1985.

He also said he had supported Buhari’s presidential aspiration in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

He said he knelt down in 2011 for the former National Chairman of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Chief Bisi Akande, to make Buhari a joint candidate of the ACN and the defunct Congress of Peoples Congress (CPC).

Col. Dasuki made the clarifications in an interview during an encounter with a blogger and the Publisher of the Economic Confidential, Mr. Yushau Shuaib.

The piece is titled: “Sambo Dasuki: An Encounter with the spymaster”.

He spoke against the backdrop of insinuations that his house arrest might have to do with a retaliation of a similar maltreatment against Buhari in 1985.

The ex-NSA also spoke against the backdrop that he attempted to truncate the election of President Muhammadu Buhari in March and inauguration on May 29.

In the extracts of the encounter between the two, Dasuki said: “I always respect and dignify my seniors and those in positions of authority, whether in service or after. Though as a young officer, I was reluctant to be among those that arrested him. And I was not.

“I only met him afterward at Bonny Camp with Lawal Rafindadi. There is no way I could have maltreated him as being alleged in some quarters. I am glad most of the actors are still alive.”

On the December 1983 coup d’etat, Dasuki admitted that he and two young military officers (who are still alive) ‘travelled to Jos to brief Major General Buhari, who was then the GOC of 3rd Armoured Division on the furtherance of the planning of the 1983 coup which made Buhari the major beneficiary of the ouster of the elected President Shehu Shagari.’

The journalist added: “He even told me how Buhari expressed his bitterness about insinuations on his stewardship in one of the public institutions. Dasuki assured the then GOC not to worry about such reckless and mischievous insinuations.

I asked why he participated in the ouster of Buhari just less than two years afterward. He simply answered that General Buhari should know whom he should blame.”

Asked why he participated in the ouster of Buhari just less than two years afterward, Dasuki simply answered that “General Buhari should know whom he should blame.”

He said he had been part of Buhari’s presidential aspiration in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

He said Nigerians could verify from respected Northerners, such as Adamu Adamu, Bashir Kurfi, Wada Maida, Sule Hamman and Kabir Yusuf among others.

The journalist added: “The major shocker for me in his narratives was his campaign for Buhari to emerge the joint candidate of ACN and CPC in 2011. He disclosed how he pleaded with Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu in the presence of Bisi Akande to accept Muhammad Buhari as the joint presidential candidate for ACN and CPC.

“Dasuki stated that he knelt down, begging ‘Baba Bisi Akande’ who was then the National Chairman of ACN that ‘General Buhari is a man to be trusted’.

“In their belief that Yoruba and South Westerners are never religious fanatics especially regarding politics, Dasuki and his group suggested that Tinubu should be a running mate to Buhari.

“When other elements opposed that proposition, Tinubu team therefore recommended a Buhari-Osinbajo ticket. Unfortunately, the ticket failed to stick as Pastor Tunde Bakare was eventually pushed forward by other forces.”

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo was later to be Buhari’s running mate in 2015 and the nation’s current Vice President.

On the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, which was won by the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola, Dasuki said he was one of those who confronted the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha.

The journalist said: “Dasuki told me the story of how he and some others confronted late Gen. Sani Abacha over June 12 election which was won by Chief Moshood Kashimawo Abiola (MKO). This led to their premature retirement.

“The persecution that followed forced him into exile where he teamed up with opposition elements struggling for the return of democracy in Nigeria.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/1985-coup-dasuki-denies-arresting-buhari/
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 23, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by fashoo2010(m): 4:19am On Jul 23, 2015
Nemesis...u reap what u sow

3 Likes

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by kokoA(m): 4:36am On Jul 23, 2015
Dis dude ain't loyal.

4 Likes

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by madridguy(m): 4:40am On Jul 23, 2015
I don't care what you people did to yourself in the military era my concern is now. As an ex NSA, you must tell every Nigeria the people behind Boko Haram since you claimed you have their name and other evidence to nail them all.

30 Likes

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by deskossy(m): 5:51am On Jul 23, 2015
Coup plotters. ..
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by muri4mig(m): 6:06am On Jul 23, 2015
I dnt believe this poo from a hungry blogger. The author can do better than this.
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 6:24am On Jul 23, 2015
The fear of buhari lol
www.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by AshiwajuFoward: 6:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Sounds like a belated attempt at damage control by Dasuki and his sympathizers to me.

5 Likes

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by edo3(m): 6:33am On Jul 23, 2015
So na me arrest am?? You should have cleared the air during campaign when d news was flying like kite..but u say sham cos u never believed baba would win..Now u know say bisi akande na Baba..

1 Like

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Bonapart(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2015
Nigeria politicians denied season 1
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Feranmicharles(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2015
I think between 1985 and 2015 is where we can find 30years interval,and whosoever that offended you between that three decades you would've forgiven him/her na, so why is somebody afraid here? grin
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Goldenheart(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2015
kk
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 23, 2015
madridguy:
I don't care what you people did to yourself in the military era my concern is now. As an ex NSA, you must tell every Nigeria the people behind Boko Haram since you claimed you have their name and other evidence to nail them all.

My dear e just tire me.

It is not just a shame, but a disgrace that we are still playing ping pong with a serious issue like this.

3 Likes

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2015
Deny ke? THE FEAR OF KIRI KIRI I GUESS......
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by chipzidar(f): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2015
butitsnoneofmybiztho
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by UnknownT: 7:43am On Jul 23, 2015
Not surprised. The same way some Northern PDP members voted for Buhari.
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by kindnyce(m): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2015
WHETHER DENIES OR NOT
IT DOENT CHANGE D FACT DAT IS GONNA BCHARGED FOR TREASON

HE IS A TRAITOR
THREAT TO NATIONNAL SECURITY

7 Likes

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by kennyman2000(m): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2015
oga dasuki, lets forget the past and think of the way forward..
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2015
Oh PULEASE....
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Caliph69: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2015
How should I know. I wasn't born then. So I have nothing to say.
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by kingarizona1(m): 7:44am On Jul 23, 2015
All I see is Vengeance! Vengeance!! Vengeance!! In this new Government, is it the way forwrd?!!! Lord help us

1 Like

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by andersyn: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2015
*LATER IN THE FUTURE 2025* Buhari denies arresting Dasuki.

2 Likes

Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Adenugay(m): 7:45am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by gen2briz(m): 7:45am On Jul 23, 2015
Ok
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by MrCounselor: 7:45am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by mezebel(f): 7:46am On Jul 23, 2015
All dis old incidEnt can never move Nigeria forward.

Buhari face what is facing u and stop cooking up stories

I no even read the old ranger
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Emmy1000: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2015
k
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by gen2briz(m): 7:46am On Jul 23, 2015
madridguy:

Abi ooo
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2015
The dullardd still in USA, while Nigeria is burning.
Re: 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2015
Dasuki should expose BH sponsors and stop currying favor from a Vindictive president

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Details Reveal Obanikoro Received Funding For Ekitigate From ONSA :- EFCC / Youths Asked Me To Run For 2019 Presidency – Saraki / —david Mark's Daughter Reveals Why She Dumped PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.