Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun (37987 Views)

2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun / Ndigbo Are Nation-builders, Free Kanu, Give Us Appointments - Ohaneze Ndigbo / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by belzabull(f): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.
BRILLIANT!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by demelza: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2015
donholy28:
Give them Biafra and in five years the President of Nigeria will be flying to Biafra to get success tips
Their erosion-ridden enclaves and the mass exodus from there suggest otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by meritt: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2015
M4gunners:
President of the northerners. Keep appointing northerners the only thing we are good of is keeping terrorists for him.
keep your smelling gutter ok
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Jfrezzy(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2015
I don't believe this group Ohanaeza ,they are Burch of nicomepol,never do well, I got a govt job from a yourba man So ,if favour finds U it will.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Yekoyeko(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2015
kelvin100:
Only a fool would expect anything from our #1 racist!

Dullard of Daura can go to hell with his appointments, after all said and done the North will remain the most impoverished region in this zoo even with having virtually every appointment. The 2nd most greedy set of people in this zoo after the Yoruba, they are even greedy to their own people that's why only a few are wealthy.

I remain a proud Biafran.
Igbos are not Nigerians, let us go!

You better ask your parent the implications of what you are saying as it seems you're born in 80's. Better think well.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 23, 2015
fulanimafia:

Just imagine such a myopic statement. You have no idea how misled you are.

Truck load of nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by safarigirl(f): 7:45am On Jul 23, 2015
The level of hate directed at Igbos on this thread is disturbing.

I will never understand why the mods bring such rubbish to FP just so some frustrated entities can attack an entire ethnic group and refer to them as 'greedy' 'useleSs' 'selfish' 'tribalists'....as if they're not doing the same thing they accuse these people of.

Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove, I don't know who allows these things see FP, but I want that person to know that there can never be a positive result from this. It makes every Igbo person hate Nigeria the more, it makes them feel more marginalized when they see things like "that is why an Igbo person can never rule Nigeria"

There are people far worse than Nnamdi Kanu in Nigeria, and Nairaland gives them their voice....remember that social media also plays a great part in every movement. I did not know triballism until Nairaland. What is the good of a site that promotes tribalism by being docile?

I don't know what your gain is by allowing these many mocking comments, but the sooner someone stops promoting ethnic-based threads, the better for Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by RealEstate36: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2015
Na wa! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by free2ryhme: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2015
chukwudi44:
Well said!!! Buhari can go to hell with his appointments.We can develop our region by ourselves.

Where were u guys waiting for?
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Neplusultra(f): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2015
Is this a Crying Symphony or a thread? cheesy
Una don wail pass Tanoids! angry Kai!

Well done Ohaneze

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by boxypane(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2015
Make una wait na. Appointments never finish na. grin
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 23, 2015
HungerBAD:
APPARENTLY uncomfort­able with seeming margin­alization of Ndigbo in the appointments made so far by President Mohammadu Buhari, the apex Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohaneze Ndigbo, has warned the people of South East to stop hoping for appointments in the present administration.

The group also warned against any attempt to thwart the election of the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, describing it as an affront on Ndigbo.

Ohaneze Ndigbo through its National Treasurer, Chief Damian Okeke- Ogene, expressed concern over the failure of the Bu­hari-led federal government to appoint any Igbo man into any office so far, since inception of the administra­tion. Chief Okeke-Ogene further advised Ndigbo not to expect any favour from President Buhari, adding that his steps so far, had vindicated the people of the zone, who showed their res­ervation of him during the presidential election.

“President Buhari recent­ly sacked five service chiefs and appointed five others as their replacement with­out looking the way of the South East, a development that has not gone down well with Ndigbo after they had missed out in the reckon­ing for Senate presidency and the speakership of the House of Representa­tives,” he said. He advised the Igbo nation against ex­pecting too much from the Buhari administration, not­ing that their fear against Buhari which made them shun him during the presi­dential election had been proved right after all. ”In all these appointments, Buhari is bold to tell the Igbos that he based the appointments on merit, but it seems his basic yardstick for merit is Hausa-Fulani. It is good that it is happening now for some of our billionaire poli­ticians, elders and captains of industry will now know that it’s time for us not just to think home but to actual­ize it. ”That is why we said we voted for the lesser evil as represented by former President, Goodluck Jona­than, because from Obasan­jo’s time to now, Igbo have not been treated fairly by the federal government,” he stated. Chief Okeke- Ogene noted that this was the best time for the South East Governors to provide the enabling environment to help the industrialists from the zone to make it viable for them to establish indus­tries that would take up the teeming mass of the unem­ployed in the zone.

The Ohaneze chieftain further opined that if the Igbo nation could survive the civil war, they have enough now to make the South East a viable eco­nomic zone. ”It is the only option left to us now. That is to bring our economy home. Over 80 per cent of our wealth is outside Ig­boland. Other tribes invest more in their areas,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/appointments-ohaneze-gives-up-on-buhari/

Igbos should go back home. only 45% of the entire igbo population live in the east of the niger..... DEM SWEAR FOR UNA SAY UNA NO GO EVER LIKE UNA THINGS?
It will benefit Nigeria if igbos could go back home and develop their regions. Some schools in igbo land still teach mathematics in igbo language, what a shame.
You have professors outside but lack ordinary primary school teachers within.
you have Billionaires outside but lack quality within
you have mansion is lagos and Kano but have face me-i face you at home.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by signz: 7:53am On Jul 23, 2015
bushdoc9919:

[/b]Why do you need appointments?[b]

I am not joking, I am serious.

You have governors,LG chairmen......what are they doing? Get them to work for you.

Same goes for Hausas. Just because your son is in Aso Rock...does not excuse your governor or LG chairman from working. Get them to work. North ran this country for 30 years....and is still underdeveloped. SS ran this country for six years....and young people are still stealing oil to surivive.

Stop this sharing of national cake things. THERE IS NO NATIONAL CAKE!

We need federal appointments now because our sons and daughters need federal work. That's because that's how Nigeria is structured for now. Do you know the number of Igbos that were employed by the fed govt under the GEJ administration just cos of the appointments he gave our sons and daughters.

Until Nigeria is restructured it resource control/ true federalism, there always be need for federal appointments by all tribes in nigeria
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by mediastunt: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2015
Awon oni ranu radarada, you showed reservations and he has no right to show you guys reservations. You guys better go and meet Kanu for appointments.

What are the red cap thieves looking for in the zoo?

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Smartwave: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2015
Every time we can develop our region by ourselves. When? Leave northern part no, but you people keep on abusing Hausa. Leave Lagos no way, but you hate Yoruba's. Developers... Try go and develop your home first and stop shouting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Utchman1: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2015
Ndigbo should could down. There are still several appointments to be made.

But also remember that you did not believe in the Buhari course.

What ever appointments the president feels will move the country forward, let him make.

At the of the day, we check what he has done.
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 23, 2015
superstar1:
[s]Igbos and their victim mentality since the year 1960AD sha.

If the young ones are even uncouth in their speech, how come their elders too cannot reason? Well, they are all a product of inferiority complex society, always relying on blackmail and shout of genocide to gain relevance.

Bunch of jokers[/s].

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by mcfoxy(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2015
Ohaneze ndi igbo,u ar a coward,I must said that,all u know is lammenting on issues,igbo don't hv eze but loosers that called them selfs eze,apointment or no apointment igbos will suvive, buhari should go ahead wit his apointment, if he like let all d fulanis full his government I don't kia, power must change hands, let count dis fuor years a west for ndigbo, the bon shall rise again,

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Abugab(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2015
Why is Ohaneze crying fowl with this preemptive and misguided utterances?
How many appointments have been made really?
The appointments so far are strictly professional elevations which could have meant any tribe with the right people will get it.
Ministers, ambassadors and other appointments have not been made and Ohaneze is already crying marginalization.
Very disappointing statement not befitting an apex cultural group
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by drake22: 7:58am On Jul 23, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Igbos should go back home. only 45% of the entire igbo population live in the east of the niger..... DEM SWEAR FOR UNA SAY UNA NO GO EVER LIKE UNA THINGS?
It will benefit Nigeria if igbos could go back home and develop their regions. Some schools in igbo land still teach mathematics in igbo language, what a shame.
You have professors outside but lack ordinary primary school teachers within.
you have Billionaires outside but lack quality within
you have mansion is lagos and Kano but have face me-i face you at home.
Look at this goat.
Have you been to the East? We have mansions even in our villages, Igbos always come top academically for d past decade in this country every body knows that. So shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by brirold(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2015
Ok.

Please Read..

Tired of asking pple around to take photos of you. Want to take group photos with no member excluded. Den u need a Monopod Selfie Stick..

Also,

Want to transfer files from between ur Smartphones/Tablets/Computers with ease (Plug and play, no cable required). Den u need OTG Flash Drive for Smartphones/Tablets/Computers

Also,
Working late at night on ur laptops and finding it difficult to see ur keyboard very well or need a quick reading lamp to use on ur power bank... Den u need 'Mini Light for laptops and powerbank'

For more information... Pls check my signature/profile.
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Godson1996: 8:01am On Jul 23, 2015
The new NIMASA boss is from Anambra. Be patient there are so many appointments coming.
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by ArodewilliamsT: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2015
uniklinkum:

Go fccck yourself imp

I don't care.

You sound so pained at the coming reality of an Oduarewa republic in the very near future. Wetin dey happen? Shouldn't you be jubilitating? Lmao!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by aresa: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

This is what dooms you people all the time, you are never logical, thoughtful, strategic or deal with other people's realities, you live off your own fantasies, assumptions, empty and shallow rhetorics..

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.

You believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity, but you still demand handing you the presidency on a platter of gold regardless? What about the rest of the country? What about their votes and voting the best candidate, what about one man one vote?

You people are so cluelessly selfish, out of touch, unrealistic and extremely shallow...

5 Likes

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by QOBB: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2015
kelvin100:
Only a fool would expect anything from our #1 racist!

Dullard of Daura can go to hell with his appointments, after all said and done the North will remain the most impoverished region in this zoo even with having virtually every appointment. The 2nd most greedy set of people in this zoo after the Yoruba, they are even greedy to their own people that's why only a few are wealthy.

I remain a proud Biafran.
Igbos are not Nigerians, let us go!

Go n never return pls!

3 Likes

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by signz: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2015
safarigirl:

I will never understand why the mods bring such rubbish to FP just so some frustrated entities can attack an entire ethnic group and refer to them as 'greedy' 'useleSs' 'selfish' 'tribalists'....as if they're not doing the same thing they accuse these people of.

Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove, I don't know who allows these things see FP, but I want that person to know that there can never be a positive result from this. It makes every Igbo person hate Nigeria the more, it makes them feel more marginalized when they see things like "that is why an Igbo person can never rule Nigeria"

There are people far worse than Nnamdi Kanu in Nigeria, and Nairaland gives them their voice....remember that social media also plays a great part in every movement. [/b]I did not know triballism until Nairaland[b]. What is the good of a site that promotes tribalism by being docile?

I don't know what your gain is by allowing these many mocking comments, but the sooner someone stops promoting ethnic-based threads, the better for Nigeria

Wonderful post.

Likewise me, I didn't know anything about Tribalism until Nairaland. I'm sure same is true for majority of Igbos youths born from the 80's - downwards. After reading threads like this, many of our youths started listening to Nnamdi Kanu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by lexy2014: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2015
liberty300:
pls name any federal project in the south east? The only time is during GEJ when he converted enugu airport and gave it international status. He tried making anambra oiling producing and you dummies fought it.

You see, this is why the igbos want out of the contraption. And you dummies wonder why. I ask you this, did these things stop southeast from developing? To answer this, go to the "anambra" and "enugu" thread on nairaland
which period or administration are u using 2 assess FG performance in d SE? Can u also furnish us with concrete info about what FG has achieved in other regions compared 2 yours so we can do a proper comparative analysis? if d level of "development" in anambra and enugu is impressive, were these states exempt from receiving federal allocation?
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Horlufemi(m): 8:05am On Jul 23, 2015
safarigirl:

There are people far worse than Nnamdi Kanu in Nigeria, and Nairaland gives them their voice....remember that social media also plays a great part in every movement. I did not know triballism until Nairaland. What is the good of a site that promotes tribalism by being docile?

Sorry to burst your bubble dear. Its only a response to the hate by the Igbo themselves. Igbo's are fantastic people hardworking then there are the uneducated ones that just hate hate hate and hate.

I could be wrong but I notice the Igbo especially the ones born and bred in SW are far more less hateful than the ones in from SE. I could be wrong also but the Igbo a more tribalistic than the other ethnic groups. Only rich Igbo guys are less tribal. You can't have a conversation with some from from SE not telling you "you are not like them" and I wonder who are them? To be honest I hate these kind of people be it Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa or what ever place you come from. The minute you start saying them, that Igbo boy, that hausa woman, that Yoruba man. (That (insert tribe here) man/woman has a name.). That's the last day I'll talk to you.

I am more interested in the person and their strengths and there is no weakness that swallows strengths of people more than tribalism or racism. It just turns them from normal functional human beings to animals.

Yes I hate tribal and racist people with a passion. They are no less than animals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by M4gunners: 8:05am On Jul 23, 2015
meritt:

keep your smelling gutter ok
Truth pains jor oh.
Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by Tojay: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2015
Ndigbo cannot reap where dey did not sow so why ar dey hopin for appointment? Its a leSson to you guys never put ur eggs in one basket but I trust PMB he his not dat heartless and he has further retreated it in d USA where he said he blongs to all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by all4nigeria: 8:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Why is Ohaneze Ndigbo embarrassing the Igbo Nation by this needless over cry about appointment ? It presents the Igbos as greedy and unreasonable . This government has not yet formed a cabinet, when a cabinet is formed certainly the Igbo nation will have enough ministers . Jonathan just left office in an administration which the Igbos dominated . The Army Chief was Igbo Gen .Ihejirika, Finance minister Igbo Ngozi Okonjo, SGF Anyim Igbo . And much more . All this just two months ago and now we have so much deafening cry about Igbos . only recently Buhari appointed Collins Obi to head NIMASA a very strategic agency yet they are still crying marginalisation . This is becoming embarrassing and shameful to say the lest . OHANEZE should please call itself to Order and caution its people. It is not until we sell Nigeria to the East before they have a sense of belonging . The Igbos were major stake holders under Jonathan for five years what does the East have to show . Not a single federal Road is motorable as Father Mbaka attested . The only thing I heard is that EthiopiaAirline now flys out of Enugu .... What a big Shame . Pl leave Buhari alone to salvage what is left after Jonathan OKONJO ANYIM MADUKWE DEZIANI RUINED THE COUNTRY .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun by adegold1234: 8:08am On Jul 23, 2015
Since you guys voted for Bayelsa man who's from south-south as your brother.Then you should consider the appointment of naval chief who's from Cross-River south-south as your brother's appointment too.Hahahaha,una never see anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Makarfi Declares PDP Convention Open (photos) / Betta Edu Denied Access To Meet President Tinubu, After Her Suspension / APC Leaders Shun Fashola’s Book Presentation In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.