Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,990 members, 7,806,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! (1764 Views)

Dj Nonny Old Sch Reggae Mix For Reggae Lovers / A Nl'der Releases His New Single (mainly For Reggae Lovers) / Rick Ross Fans & Lovers Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 6:21am On Jul 23, 2015
Reggae Lovers let's meet here and help each other.

I can answer some Questions about Jamaican reggae and artistes, riddims and riddim instrumentals and Even some things about Jamaican Patois.

If you are an upcoming reggae singer and need Jamaican reggae riddims (beats) I can tell you how to get the riddim instrumental of any song (if it's available)

Let me give a little insight, almost all Jamaican reggae riddims (beats) have title. One can easily get that riddim instrumental if he knows the title of the riddim.

For instance, the riddim instrumental used by Patoranking in the song "Alubarika" ft timaya is called " OMG riddim" (OMG= Oh my Gosh)
So if you want to get that riddim instrumental, just search for "OMG riddim instrumental".

The riddim used by Rhymzo in the song "my jungle" is called "Sugar riddim"

Just name your favourite reggae song, and I can help you find the riddim and the instrumental.

Welcome to Jamaica on nairaland.

Bless up mi yute!

Lalasticlala! Please do us a favour!

Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 23, 2015
Following. ...

what is the title of the beat of T.O.K foot prints?

And Cullie budz - Come again.

CC: Lalasticlala
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 6:38am On Jul 23, 2015
Rudebwoy:
Following. ...

what is the title of the beat of T.O.K foot prints?

And Cullie budz - Come again.

CC: Lalasticlala

TOK footprints = "Drop a leaf riddim"

PSquare's song- tilted "me and my Brother" is the naija version of Drop a leaf riddim.

Collie budz - Come again = "Last war riddim"
Rhymzo also did a song with last war riddim.

You can get the riddim instrumental on music download sites or even YouTube.
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
1. Some people think that Jamaican Patois is the rastaman's language.

No!

Every Jamaican speak patois.

2. The religion of Jamaicans is rastaferianism.

No!

There are also many born again Christians in Jamaica

3. What gives Jamaican Patois it's distinctive sound?

It is a mixture of languages from YORUBA, IGBO, PORTUGUESE, SPANISH AND ENGLISH.
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by musicwriter(m): 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
DjAndroid:
Reggae Lovers let's meet here and help each other.

I can answer some Questions about Jamaican reggae and artistes, riddims and riddim instrumentals and Even some things about Jamaican Patois.

If you are an upcoming reggae singer and need Jamaican reggae riddims (beats) I can tell you how to get the riddim instrumental of any song (if it's available)

Let me give a little insight, almost all Jamaican reggae riddims (beats) have title. One can easily get that riddim instrumental if he knows the title of the riddim.

For instance, the riddim instrumental used by Patoranking in the song "Alubarika" ft timaya is called " OMG riddim" (OMG= Oh my Gosh)
So if you want to get that riddim instrumental, just search for "OMG riddim instrumental".

The riddim used by Rhymzo in the song "my jungle" is called "Sugar riddim"

Just name your favourite reggae song, and I can help you find the riddim and the instrumental.

Welcome to Jamaica on nairaland.

Bless up mi yute!

How much does it cost to make a song in a low end recording studio in Jamaica?. Here in Nigeria I make my songs with as little as N40.000/track (about $200).

And, how much does it take to record in a high end studio?. Here, I hear Don Jazzy could charge as much as N500.000/track.

I need know this cause I'm raising money planning to come there for my recordings sometime in the future. The type of music I do, roots reggae have no good producers in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 1:59am On Jul 24, 2015
musicwriter:

How much does it cost to make a song in a low end recording studio in Jamaica?. Here in Nigeria I make my songs with as little as N40.000/track (about $200).

And, how much does it take to record in a high end studio?. Here, I hear Don Jazzy could charge as much as N500.000/track.

I need know this cause I'm raising money planning to come there for my recordings sometime in the future. The type of music I do, roots reggae have no good producers in Nigeria at the moment.

I am a Nigerian and I'm presently in Nigeria. Last knowledge of the cost was like 8 years ago. But i can make enquiries in JA and tell you. I can also link you to Producers in Kingston and St Elizabeth.

I will be back with the cost .
BRB!

*Modified *

There's basically no small or big studio there . Great riddims can come out of the ones you may call small studio. It depends on the producer and the skills.

On the average, about $500 US can get you a good track. That is about 5000 JA dollar.
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2015
Are there no lovers of reggae on nairaland?
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by Chanchit: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2015
There's a reggae song I'm looking for,I don't know the title, but there's a line in the song which says"there's a fire on the mountain, babylonia don fall down today, babylonia on fall down" I know even the lyrics is not correct cos its in patois.

But another reggae song I'm listening to now is adis ababa by hill culture.
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 6:26am On Sep 02, 2015
Chanchit:
There's a reggae song I'm looking for,I don't know the title, but there's a line in the song which says"there's a fire on the mountain, babylonia don fall down today, babylonia on fall down" I know even the lyrics is not correct cos its in patois.

But another reggae song I'm listening to now is adis ababa by hill culture.

So many reggae songs contain such lyrics. Next time you hear the song use shazam or other apps to know the artiste.
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 11, 2016
hi DjAndroid;its unfortunate that reggae has kinda taken the backsatege when it comes to the nigeria Music scene.
Feels good to know people like you and I still carry the spirit
where are you presently? do you produce reggae music? will like to know more about you my man
bless up
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 8:29am On Jun 11, 2016
rasojie:
hi DjAndroid;its unfortunate that reggae has kinda taken the backsatege when it comes to the nigeria Music scene.
Feels good to know people like you and I still carry the spirit
where are you presently? do you produce reggae music? will like to know more about you my man
bless up

I'm permanently in Nigeria now. Presently in the south east. I'm not a producer, but a promoter. But I have link with good reggae producers here in Nigeria and Jamaica.

Thanks fi di link! Bless up star.
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by DjAndroid: 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
Reggae anyone?

Lalasticlala!!!!!!
Re: Thread For Reggae Lovers. Come In For Everything Reggae! by sweeswirt: 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
i love reggae! cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Listen To. And Download New Music: Ycee Ft. Solidstar– Harsh|prod. Popito / Forbes Releases OFFICIAL Top 10 Richest African Musicians For 2016 / A Review of Strong A.R.M's 'Betcha Didn't Know'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.