Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria (3803 Views)

Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / Married Couples: Would You Feel Comfortable Having Sex In Your Parents House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by youngalex(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2015
With the level of Unemployment,Govt. Disregard for their citizens,Poor Infrastructure and a bleak future in the wake of dwindling oil prices I always imagine what my kids will pass thru when they grow,My friend's wife just gave birth in US and he encouraged me to do same when I marry cos the best gift you can give a child in today's Nigeria is "Dual Citizenship",Is this worth planning for?

3 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by deniyor: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2015
Home is always home. All the money you are going to waste abroad, lets use it to develop our own country.

2 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by iLovePusssy: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2015
You nor get problem bruh.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Op I agree with u,I would love to give birth to mine in canada or U.S

2 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by pafra(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2015
go and have kids in the moon who cares?

5 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by kinglekan: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2015
pafra:

Buhahahaahahah cheesy cheesy

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by yorubadelta(f): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
Poster, I applaud you for considering your kid's future.
Go for it!
Nigeria is in a dire state right now and until we begin to see improvement, one MUST have a back-up plan...

8 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by boboLIL(m): 8:30am On Jul 23, 2015
U r not comfortable being a Nigerian...pls change location and let us be...

2 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2015
onomeglo:
Op I agree with u,I would love to give birth to mine in canada or U.S

I also have such plans. Let's make a go at it. wink
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2015
Brandnew2:

I also have such plans. Let's make a go at it. wink
lol who no like good things in life
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2015
please try Afghanistan.
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by jashar(f): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2015
With the moral degradation and decadence emanating from obodo oyinbo, I can't imagine raising my children abroad. It would be harder work raised to the power infinity.

It's easier to train children here and instill moral values in them than abroad. In my own opinion though.

Namaste white people. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by youngalex(m): 9:11am On Jul 23, 2015
jashar:
With the moral degradation and decadence emanating from obodo oyinbo, I can't imagine raising my children abroad. It would be harder work raised to the power infinity.

It's easier to train children here and instill moral values in them than abroad. In my own opinion though.

I share your sentiments,my intention is to have them there,they will come back to Nigeria for their Nursery,Primary and College after which they go for their University Education and also start life there
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by 5minsmadness: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
jashar:

Nothing wrong in giving birth to your kids over there then bringing them here to train. Dual citizenship and easy access to the US when they are ready or in need.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by jashar(f): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2015
youngalex:

I share your sentiments,my intention is t undecidedo have them there,they will come back to Nigeria for their Nursery,Primary and College after which they go for their University Education and also start life there

Whatever floats your rootbeer. cheesy

I'm really not interested in them even being citizens sef. undecided
No mind me o. I really am yet to fancy all those places. If it were other African Countries now, I wouldn't mind. smiley
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by yorubadelta(f): 9:25am On Jul 23, 2015
jashar:

Erm, I see where you are coming from dear, but, Nigeria is barely more morally upright than abroad. Corruption is not only restricted to the political side of things but is highly prevalent in day to day life. Dishonesty and bribery is the order of the day. It takes the grace of God to raise a child properly in the current state of the Nation

Should we talk about sexual perversion ? Many kids from the ages of 4yrs get sexually abused for years with the culprits getting away with it due to the inadequacy of the justice system. A lot of adults who grew up in Nigeria are victims of sexual abuse.

Through the culture of spanking , children are raised up to fear their parents (which is different from respecting them) which inevitably leads them to living double-lives i.e. being one way in school whilst forming "goodie2shoes" to their parents at home. Dishonesty is imbibed in them from a tender age!

What of education? Lol, let's not a even go there.. lipsrsealed

Healthcare nko? hmmm

Dont get me wrong o. Nigeria is a beautiful country with rich culture but the cons far outweigh the pros. We have a loooong way to go.

12 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by jashar(f): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2015
yorubadelta:

Erm, I see where you are coming from dear, but, Nigeria is barely more morally upright than abroad. Corruption is not only restricted to the political side of things but is highly prevalent in day to day life. Dishonesty and bribery is the order of the day. It takes the grace of God to raise a child properly in the current state of the Nation

Should we talk about sexual perversion ? Many kids from the ages of 4yrs get sexually abused for years with the culprits getting away with it due to the inadequacy of the justice system. A lot of adults who grew up in Nigeria are victims of sexual abuse.

Through the culture of spanking , children are raised up to fear their parents (which is different from respecting them) which inevitably leads them to living double-lives i.e. being one way in school whilst forming "goodie2shoes" to their parents at home. Dishonesty is imbibed in them from a tender age!

What of education? Lol, let's not a even go there.. lipsrsealed

Healthcare nko? hmmm

Dont get me wrong o. Nigeria is a beautiful country with rich culture but the cons far outweigh the pros. We have a loooong way to go.

To each his own. wink
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by yorubadelta(f): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2015
jashar:

To each his own. wink

smiley

1 Like

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Moana(f): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2015
Until now this is something i have failed to understand about some Africans, you could always send your kids to school abroad when you can afford it. We have heard to many cases of people who run away from paying their bills after giving birth in western countries, why go through all the stress for something you can't afford?
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by youngalex(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Moana:
Until now this is something i have failed to understand about some Africans, you could always send your kids to school abroad when you can afford it. We have heard to many cases of people who run away from paying their bills after giving birth in western countries, why go through all the stress for something you can't afford?
and who said is not affordable,don't you think a child having dual citizenship is more disposed to a wider horizon than just Nigerian Citizenship
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
jashar:

lmao grin
It's almost comical.
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by jashar(f): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
cococandy

post=36200332:

lmao grin
It's almost comical.

It has become a sit-com to me sef. grin

I wake up each morning and I'm amazed at to the next episode of craziness that they unleash. cheesy
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Curiouscity(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nigerians and free 'food'!

People running to give birth in Western countries are the ones spoiling Nigeria. Once their kids have dual citizenship, the parents start destroying the institutions, and make a mess of the system, after all 'My kids can go back to 'obodo onyibo'. Can't we fix this country??

Sweep your compound, I sweep mine, our village will be clean!!

7 Likes

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Moana(f): 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
youngalex:

and who said is not affordable,don't you think a child having dual citizenship is more disposed to a wider horizon than just Nigerian Citizenship
im talking about situations where the mother uses a visitors visa to go abroad, give births and leaves without paying the bill. They risk getting a 10year or lifetime ban by doing so.
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
What dirty home is home

nigerians been deceiving themselves with that line since 1800 undecided

need I remind you of police brutality metted out on a pregnant woman I read here few minutes ago
the unpaid workers salaries
endless strikes
Complete break down of law and order
near existence of little or no infrastructure

you better don't let anyone deceive you with that line. Give birth in a country that has respect for the dignity of human persons
deniyor:
Home is always home. All the money you are going to waste abroad, lets use it to develop our own country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by Onegai(f): 12:06am On Jul 24, 2015
Please where are these "Moral Values" in Nigerian society, I'd like to see them?

Police Brutality?
Lack of Honesty and Decency amongst our youth to even attempt to write exams without cheating or coercing a lecturer?
Breakdown of every institution known to Man?
Accepted Violence and Rape against minors and genders?
Widespread corruption amongst the masses?
Moral decadence dresses up in finery and attending church every Sunday hypocritically?
Parenting skills reduced to verbally and physically assaulting your child?

I could go on...

How they show Africa as being a backward village with war and famine is how they show the western world wih crazy antics . Bad news sells and peoole don't want to hear "Mike bought a home and Judy graduated" on the news, they want to see "Joe shot up a school in a drive-by" same way "Africa is a country and they are constantly starving and fighting brutal wars or committing crime". I personally have met kinder and more honest people outside Nigeria. Heck, the average Nigerian person attempted to elbow and push my pregnancy out of the way because they were rushing to enter the cinema hall to watch FF7, meanwhile in the US, everyone courteously held doors open and enquired about my health (total strangers every time! ).

Abegl bone that Nigerian Values silliness...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 12:12am On Jul 24, 2015
pafra:
experienced mothers do not teenage clowns still dealing with associated growing up tantrums
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 12:14am On Jul 24, 2015
You mean fake eye service values wink
Onegai:
Please where are these "Moral Values" in Nigerian society, I'd like to see them?

Police Brutality?
Lack of Honesty and Decency amongst our youth to even attempt to write exams without cheating or coercing a lecturer?
Breakdown of every institution known to Man?
Accepted Violence and Rape against minors and genders?
Widespread corruption amongst the masses?
Moral decadence dresses up in finery and attending church every Sunday hypocritically?
Parenting skills reduced to verbally and physically assaulting your child?

I could go on...

How they show Africa as being a backward village with war and famine is how they show the western world wih crazy antics . Bad news sells and peoole don't want to hear "Mike bought a home and Judy graduated" on the news, they want to see "Joe shot up a school in a drive-by" same way "Africa is a country and they are constantly starving and fighting brutal wars or committing crime". I personally have met kinder and more honest people outside Nigeria. Heck, the average Nigerian person attempted to elbow and push my pregnancy out of the way because they were rushing to enter the cinema hall to watch FF7, meanwhile in the US, everyone courteously held doors open and enquired about my health (total strangers every time! ).

Abegl bone that Nigerian Values silliness...

Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 12:15am On Jul 24, 2015
kinglekan:

Buhahahaahahah cheesy cheesy

that I forgot to laugh undecided
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by deniyor: 2:07am On Jul 24, 2015
SAMBARRY:
What dirty home is home

nigerians been deceiving themselves with that line since 1800 undecided

need I remind you of police brutality metted out on a pregnant woman I read here few minutes ago
the unpaid workers salaries
endless strikes
Complete break down of law and order
near existence of little or no infrastructure

you better don't let anyone deceive you with that line. Give birth in a country that has respect for the dignity of human persons

I was like you once but my eyes are open now.One thing I've learnt, the grass is always greener on the other side.
Re: Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria by endowednicky(f): 2:47am On Jul 24, 2015
WHO YOU HELP!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice Needed On Mother-in-law To Be. / Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? / Witchcraft In My Neighbourhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.