Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. (1227 Views)

M.I Is Back!!! / M.I Is Trying To Sound Like Nas / M.i Is Overated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by dasa: 10:47am On Mar 13, 2009
other rappers are still thinking how to react to his album and he goes and releases 'illegal music' mixtape. Its so sick. This guy is turning into my best rapper naija plus yankee.

Advise to naija rappers. Change genre. It has all been spit,

1 Like

Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by audio: 11:02am On Mar 13, 2009
All you guys sucking MI's D***, please give it a rest. It's becoming majorly boring. He's good. We get it. And before you start with your usual "hater this, hater that talk" give that a rest as well. It's equally boring. Surely in the whole wide world of Naija hiphop, there must be someone else to talk about.
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by Tonyet1(m): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2009
wetin omo-boy don do gbegburu again?

so much yarning for naija
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by eldee(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2009
audio:

All you guys sucking MI's D***, please give it a rest. It's becoming majorly boring. He's good. We get it. And before you start with your usual "hater this, hater that talk" give that a rest as well. It's equally boring. Surely in the whole wide world of Naija hiphop, there must be someone else to talk about.
Yeah right, but it's okay when a new topic is opened everytime Mode12 coughs.
Modenine released one song three times and four threads were opened on average for each one
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by vincentbab(m): 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2009
Abeg leave this young man alone, is it a crime to be succesful, when its your time nobody can stop your shine. pls all you playa haters leave the poor boy alone.where were you when he was running around begging deejays to play his songs? now that he has become a star we all think he's over doing thing. abegiiii. free my guy
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by ofokasibe: 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2009
you people should free mi stans
mi stans make una carry go! if he makes good music then we all love him . mi you are respected !
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by DBR: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2009
Late comers!, lol
I'v been rockin this isshhh for more than 2 weeks.
How bout that for self praise grin
M.i is illi for really.
He comes correct with his delivery as usaul.
Also i there were some lyrical revelations i saw,
which is ok, afterall e'rone got an influence.
Y'all kno wat im talkin out. grin
Big ups to M.i im luuuuuvin the boy, no homo.
oNe
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2009
eldee:

Modenine released one song three times and four threads were opened on average for each one
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by javalove(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2009
MI has been stealing meat from modenine's pot
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by darequam(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2009
Here we go again!
The guy's doin great, but should cool down and enjoy his first bitch wella before jumpin to another bed.
What i meant is that even if he is gonna giv a mixtape, it should be like 5to 6 months after his album so, he can rip the profits of each well enuf.
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by laggchick: 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2009
its funny how some of you guys only love these people after theyve shot videos and clutched award plaques sad, I love em long long before that.i keep my ears to the radio and i tell you M.I is good but he aint got nothing on lots of nigerian artistes on the come up, quote me when the time comes, cool
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by osasp(m): 8:20am On Mar 17, 2009
eldee:

nigga where u dey since
wagwan
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by Shaz(f): 10:30am On Mar 17, 2009
Please and please, posters, all MI threads should come under one thread. It's true that the duplicity of these threads get boring and annoying. And yeah, same for all other artistes.
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by audio: 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
Shaz:

Please and please, posters, all MI threads should come under one thread. It's true that the duplicity of these threads get boring and annoying. And yeah, same for all other artistes.

Thank you. That's all i'm saying
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by obx101: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2009
obobs freee d M.I guy, i no dey hear naija rap until i heard M.I. na confirmed guy n im need kudos, as many as possible, if u no like am go jump comot from 2nd floor with ur head facin d ground.
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by Sico: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2009

Download Lost In Illegal Music *6 More Exclusive tracks*

http://www.mytruspot.com/index.php?t=truspotdose
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by chrisical(m): 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
Abeg which time the mixtape go drop?i no fit wait ooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by Sico: 4:33pm On Mar 18, 2009
The Mixtape is available now at http://www.mytruspot.com/index.php?t=truspotdose
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by remmyneece: 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2009
hey guys, i see no reason why some people yarn dust about this guy.
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by lakeside4love(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2009
MI is the best rapper in the continent,
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by gonkin(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2009
who said M.I a'int playing fair. your mama, if you sit and relax you'll get the clan this dude has planned. sorry man i never knew you was blind. heres a clue i dont think you could even find. if cant beat them join them and bring em' down. let me clearify b4 u lose your mind. raggae tone pulls the crowd(crowd mentality) every one did that now its dry. Hiphop u cant understand, he's mixing hits to make hits 2 get you listening to his. get dat now
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by Princek12(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2009
Just another wannabe, at least to me.

This M.I. guy is just alright to me. He comes off as a local who is desperately trying to sound and connect with the American conscious, neosoul, and poetic style of rap, which he knows nothing about--this guy is one aboki from Jos. After meticulously listening to several of his tracks, including colonial mentality, I cannot see how his songs tally up with his upbringing, and to the Nigerian culture in general.

If I want to listen to Mos Def or some conscious rap, I know where to go; but if I am listening to my Nigerian artists, I do not expect (or want) to hear some artist whose style is not unique (and i think M.I.'s style is not unique) and bears semblance to American or European style of music, or I do not want to hear a Nigerian rapper whose style is built on a foundation in which he has not experienced--this Jos' product (M.I.) has not experienced (besides watching MTV and his brief stint in the States) the foundation in which his style his built upon.

Do I think he is a good rapper? Yes. Do I respect him? No. Because M.I. has not created his own style nor have an identity (he seems like M.I. has "idolized" a little too much the American conscious rap style), he has not won my respect; and I am just one of those people who refuses to always follow the majority and refuses to be blighted by the style of some wannabe Talib Kweli, and ignore the substantive aspect of Nigerian Hip-Hop.

While I am a hip-hop loyalist, Nigerian & American, this aboki, in my own view, lacks that quality which is necessary for longevity in the music business, especially in the Nigerian hip-hop industry. Artists like Timaya &Tony Tetuila, to mention a few, have won my respect and admiration for their distinctive styles while creating music that is a direct reflection of their background and culture.
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by elbulk(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2009
@ pincek12-information is power

facts

1.people from jos are not hausa people so dont call him aboki, they are middle belters with more than 10 languages in thse state

2.MI(Jude Abaga) only grew up in jos but is not a lacal, we call Jos our hometown cos we all grew up there

3.He watered down his content to make d album TALK ABOUT IT

4.He has ready a 3rd album after d mix tape, has enuf songs already for 5 more albums plus he is still working, i'm talking as a friend and crew member and not some nairalander dat lives on assumptions, stop hatin bro

5.We all know he's good but to suprise u, what will u say when Jesse Jagz and Ice pronce all come out, all unda chocolate city/loopy, u go die

6.Dont be quick to conclude, watch him fizzle out(not anytime soon),

PLEASE THIS IS NO BEEF JUST CLARIFICATION, tnx bruv
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by ogazi007(m): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
watz aboki?u can call him abero for all care.
MI is a natural talent,he is my number one and im hunting him for my autograph.
Re: M.i. Is Not Playing Fair. by kay29000(m): 1:03am On Mar 27, 2009
Hey elbulk, you say you are a close friend of m.i, then i got a message for you. I was a very big m.i fan, don't get me wrong, i still respect him, but i have noticed somethingsabout him he needs to change. When i am a fan of a person, i study the person closely. His album "talk about it", is a classic, if i would give it a source rating, i would give it 5 mics, but his mixtape, or can you call it a mixtape. It just seemed like he was mimicing waynes style in like half of the songs, and people are really getting tired of waynes style. The mumbling of words, the sluring of words, haba, he was not doing that when he came out with crowd mentality, i feel that ws his original style right there.
I heard him on top fm a couple of weeks ago and he talked about how he was listening to wayne when he made the safe song, what, does that mean he just copied the whole wayne style. I also agreed that he toned down his lyrics for the nigerian market for his album, then i heard the mixtape, and it didnt even sound like a mixtape, it sounded like an album. If you know what gimmick is, that is what the illegal music thing is full of, and when you do a mixtape, you are meant to give the real rap heads something to listen to, not singing, or trying to sound like wayne in more than half of the tracks. If you want to know how a mixtape should sound, then listen to source kid's mixtape, now that is a typical example of a mixtape. I feel he is getting carried away by the same crowd mentality he talked about in his first ever single.
I also heard him on the interview where he talks about listening to a lot of t.i now, does that mean his whole career is going to be based on coping other pple's styles. He needs to come up with something original, maybe go back to how he was rapping on crowd mentality and stop sluring his words. There was a part of his i'm illy song where he was rapping, then started rapping under his breath, sorth of like what wayne does. Men.
I still respect the kid, but he needs to change his ways. And a sound of warning for him, pple might soon start airing him out.

(1) (Reply)

Gucci Mane: Highly Decorated Or Underestimated? / ''javalove'' Of Nairaland Is Ruggedman's 6th Stalker / Video - Adol - Different

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.