Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Reduction In Airtel Data Prices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reduction In Airtel Data Prices (6428 Views)

Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / How To Get #2000 With #100 In Airtel -working Now. / Man Wins N10m In Airtel Promo In Awka, Faints At Prize Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Macmilla(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2015
I got several messages from Airtel stating reduction in the prices of all their data plans. See for yourself below.

This is good news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by annyjib(f): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
did you try it?
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by blackfase(m): 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
That last one, wuld b cool if its for android or/ and pc.....
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Useless network

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Macmilla(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2015
annyjib:
did you try it?
I'm currently using the first one but I subscribed when it was still 1,400. So you can say I've not tried it since the price reductions
blackfase:
That last one, wuld b cool if its for android or/ and pc.....
That one certainly works for android but I can't guarantee how fast it will be drained.
My phone is z10 and you know it's same as android in terms of data subscription.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Macmilla(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
Keneking:
Useless network
Bros, I don't know why you think they are useless, but whatever it is, I'm sure it's a matter of perspective. I was using glo but had to run to airtel and I've not had reason to regret it. I also ported my mtn to Airtel and again, I have no reason to regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by yomalex(m): 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
Could be a good thing Has anyone used it?
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Pierocash(m): 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
that 40mb for #100 Is just for a day.I know d other ones too wil have k-leg
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
Macmilla:

I'm currently using the first one but I subscribed when it was still 1,400. So you can say I've not tried it since the price reductions

That one certainly works for android but I can't guarantee how fast it will be drained.
My phone is z10 and you know it's same as android in terms of data subscription.
It's that same thing. That's the consumption rate. If Airtel can work on data consumption rates and network strength , they will over take glo not to talk of MTN. Don't be surprise that MTN will be forced to allow bis on android without any form of tweaking
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Macmilla(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
Pierocash:
that 40mb for #100 Is just for a day.I know d other ones too wil have k-leg
Why are you so pessimistic?

1 Like

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Macmilla(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
asuustrike2009:

It's that same thing. That's the consumption rate. If Airtel can work on data consumption rates and network strength , they will over take glo not to talk of MTN. Don't be surprise that MTN will be forced to allow bis on android without any form of tweaking
All in all, they still offer one of the cheapest legal data yet.
Let's hope others respond to this. Yeye Etisalat is still sending me messages calling 2gb for 2k 'very cheap'

1 Like

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by copiescopy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
Macmilla:
I got several messages from Airtel stating reduction in the prices of all their data plans. See for yourself below.

This is good news.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by niceguy7(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
That 1500 for 3gig make brain.. I.e if e go gree work jejely with android without any data drain.... grin
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by olak4gold(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
@niceguy, I hope it works with android.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by cozy7(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
niceguy7:
That 1500 for 3gig make brain.. I.e if e go gree work jejely with android without any data drain.... grin
This "data drain" of a thing is crazy oo. I remember wen I (last) loaded N1500 for 2gb, o'boy, I think say data plenty, wen I realized I had abt 142mb witin 10days, I called Airtel. (Cc) n was told that android is usually billed a double d normal data.........na that time I stopped using Airtel, I run go MTN.
So I'd suggest to call Airtel (CC) n be sure how their data billing is.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by dominique(f): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
They've been spamming my inbox with their data plans angry. Na by force to subscribe? Is there any way one can stop those silly spam messages once and for all?
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by azpekuliar: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
but the tin go still dey run like water na... abeg I no do...
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by niceguy7(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
cozy7:
This "data drain" of a thing is crazy oo. I remember wen I (last) loaded N1500 for 2gb, o'boy, I think say data plenty, wen I realized I had abt 142mb witin 10days, I called Airtel. (Cc) n was told that android is usually billed a double d normal data.........na that time I stopped using Airtel, I run go MTN.
Guy no be lie!
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Pierocash(m): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
Macmilla:
Why are you so pessimistic?
Am nt been pessimistic, am been factual

2 Likes

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by dontay(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
cozy7:

what plan are u using for ur android on mtn and is d data much.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by cozy7(m): 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
dontay:

what plan are u using for ur android on mtn and is d data much.
Currently, I'm using MTN night plan, which gives 3gb foe night (9pm to 6am) and an additional 1.5gb for daytime (6am to 9pm). This plans costs N2500.

But last week, I met someone here (NL) who offers 2gb for N1400. I'm thinking of patronizing him, just hoping he's not a fraudster.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by Sunkyphil(m): 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
even if airtel sells 3gig for 500 i wont go for it I rather prefer browsing on edge with etisalat or mtn to airtel 3g
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by kennyman2000(m): 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
cozy7:
Currently, I'm using MTN night plan, which gives 3gb foe night (9pm to 6am) and an additional 1.5gb for daytime (6am to 9pm). This plans costs N2500.

But last week, I met someone here (NL) who offers 2gb for N1400. I'm thinking of patronizing him, just hoping he's not a fraudster.

Dont patronise him.. He's a fraudster.. You can never see such.. I repeat.. You can never see such.. I just bought 1GB for #1200 from my data seller.. So, how would 2GB be #1400.. Be careful bro.. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by iliyande(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
Sunkyphil:
even if airtel sells 3gig for 500 i wont go for it I rather prefer browsing on edge with etisalat or mtn to airtel 3g

Not true guy. I have tested mtn, glo and etisalat. Presently airtel speed is second to etisalat
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by 12month: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
The good news is that data subscription is finally reducing in price. There is massive competition in the market. There would be cheaper data plans in coming months/years

1 Like

Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by tochstorm(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
No try am airtrl na scam at the end of the month na 40mb you go use out of 3gb or you go use 900mb 3gb go disPpear.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by kfrosh: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Not yet cheap on Android o; the BlackBerry subscription when used on Android is always seriously fucking slow compared to when I sub. On its android plan.
12month:
The good news is that data subscription is finally reducing in price. There is massive competition in the market. There would be cheaper data plans in coming months/years
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by otimothy(m): 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
dominique:
They've been spamming my inbox with their data plans angry. Na by force to subscribe? Is there any way one can stop those silly spam messages once and for all?

call the cc and request to be placed on do not disturb(dnd sms)
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by ManTiger(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
cozy7:

Guy, u dey dull yasef o, I was on that data plan before I wise up.

Come on glo, it's 1k for 3Gig.
If you're on glo bounty or so, you get double of your credit e.g. you load 1k, u get 1k main acct, 2k bonus acct to call any network.
Re: Reduction In Airtel Data Prices by SweetSoup(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please how do i stop airtel auto renewal for there daily internet service? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xiaomi Announces The Redmi Note 7 With 6GB RAM, Starting At N54,000 / The Rubbish Called Tecno L9 Plus / Gotv Subscription Made Easier With Your Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.