Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages (777 Views)

Heartland Players Block Okorocha’s Convoy Over Unpaid Salaries / Ogenyi Onazi Drags Lazio To FIFA Over Unpaid Salaries / Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages
[/size]
Nigeria U-17 coach and former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke has slammed the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) over non-payment of salaries due to him, after the NFF announced it had paid three months upfront, the salary of new Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh.
Amuneke, who is believed to be on a N1m monthly salary, claims he hasn’t been paid for several months, while questioning why the NFF have chosen to pay Oliseh, who earns N5m monthly, three months ahead without paying other national team coaches.
“The people that paid Oliseh decided to pay Oliseh,” Amuneke said in reference to Oliseh receiving three months’ salary upfront.
“But one thing they have to know is that there are other national team coaches working also that have not been paid.
“So if they owe other coaches and they pay Oliseh, I think it is not fair,” Amuneke said in a radio interview.
Speaking further, the former Barcelona winger said nobody should expect anything from him as he prepares the Nigeria U17 team for the FIFA U17 World Cup, since he is yet to be paid his salaries.
“Well nobody should expect anything from me since they haven’t paid me,” he added.
Amuneke was teammate with Oliseh for Nigeria in the ‘90’s.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/amuneke-slams-nff-over-unpaid-wages/

Re: Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2015
cry
Re: Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages by vickylinco(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
and we go over it again.... this was the beginning of the feud between NFF and keshu.... hope it won't extend beyond amuneke

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages by terzurum5(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
vickylinco:
and we go over it again.... this was the beginning of the feud between NFF and keshu.... hope it won't extend beyond amuneke
Even if I were in Amuneke's shoes, I would have also sounded my displeasure over this same issue. I want to believe that the NFF still owes not just the present Coaches but also the former Coaches' salaries. There are also some of the Coaches who are battling out there in the rains and under the hot sun whose salaries are been owed, but here is someones 3 months salaries paid on the day he was engaged. This whole drama tells me that the NFF actually wanted Stephen Keshi to fail. Keshi was owed upto 7months salaries at a time, even after he had won us the AFCON after waiting for 19 years, his allowances were not always paid as at when due. The next thing they did was to sack his backroom staff which comprised of Sylvanus Okpala (Assistant Coach), Anderson Elderson (video analyst), Robinson Okosun (Team Psychologist), Emmanuel Attah (Team Coordinator), Gideon Akinsola (Team Security Officer), and Ben Alaya (Media Officer), who was to be replaced by Demola Olajire.
All these actions contributed to Keshi's failures because Sylvanus Okpala's experience as a Coach and Former player was lacking in Keshi's reign after their sack.
I have nothing against NFF neither Sunday Oliseh, I respect him and love him to succeed in his new assigned role. However, I still maintain that the NFF's body language speaks volumes and reveals more than what the heat and eyes could think/assume amd see.

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Slams NFF Over Unpaid Wages by vickylinco(m): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
terzurum5:

Even if I were in Amuneke's shoes, I would have also sounded my displeasure over this same issue. I want to believe that the NFF still owes not just the present Coaches but also the former Coaches' salaries. There are also some of the Coaches who are battling out there in the rains and under the hot sun whose salaries are been owed, but here is someones 3 months salaries paid on the day he was engaged. This whole drama tells me that the NFF actually wanted Stephen Keshi to fail. Keshi was owed upto 7months salaries at a time, even after he had won us the AFCON after waiting for 19 years, his allowances were not always paid as at when due. The next thing they did was to sack his backroom staff which comprised of Sylvanus Okpala (Assistant Coach), Anderson Elderson (video analyst), Robinson Okosun (Team Psychologist), Emmanuel Attah (Team Coordinator), Gideon Akinsola (Team Security Officer), and Ben Alaya (Media Officer), who was to be replaced by Demola Olajire.
All these actions contributed to Keshi's failures because Sylvanus Okpala's experience as a Coach and Former player was lacking in Keshi's reign after their sack.
I have nothing against NFF neither Sunday Oliseh, I respect him and love him to succeed in his new assigned role. However, I still maintain that the NFF's body language speaks volumes and reveals more than what the heat and eyes could think/assume amd see.
you just spoke out my mind bro

(1) (Reply)

Why Would Pedro Abandon Man.u To Join Chelsea At Eleventh Hour? / José Mouriho Makes It To The Guinness Book Of World Records For 2016 / It's A New Dawn In The EPL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.