Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (5581 Views)

Gaga Video [download]- Donna Diva Ft. Goldcruz / HOT NEW MUSIC : Donna Diva – Gaga Ft Gold Cruz / Breaking News: Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (nbc) Bans Dbanj’s Oliver Twist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by julian21(f): 1:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
HOW TRUE IS THIS!!! IS 9JAHIPHOP. ON POINT.

STATE OF EMERGENCY

They say what a man can do a woman can do better.that is clearly not happening in the nigeria music scene.i have never seen a girl who can make better songs than the likes of 9ice,tuface,faze,d'bang,p square e.t.c.is there a female producer in nigeria (none that i know of),is there any girl out there who can drop bars like m.i,ruggedman,modenine,freestyle e.t.c
There are 140 million people in nigeria so give or take we should have like 60 million women in nigeria,for crying out loud there has to be a diva somewhere.
Looking at the industry,shola allyson and asa seem to be the only talented female artistes,while the latter is coming up the former is getting scorned because she sings in her native language.since when did that become a sin,look at the likes of angelique kidjo,mariam makeba,yvonne chaka chaka,late brenda fassie & lebo mathosa.they were all succesful making songs their own way but we are busy trying to imitate and be the next rihanna,ashanti, beyonce,keri hilson,ciara,cassie,leona lewis,lady gaga e.t.c
So before things get out of hand we should come up with a solution,props to smooth productions(girls nite out) & Orangootan(girl power unleashed) for taking steps in the right direction,but in the meantime i hereby declare a atate of emergency.

Lets take a quick look at what we have

ARA:I still don't understand all the hype behind this girl,she can't sing to save her own life.i hear she is a good drummer so i suggest she makes an instrumental album and stop making those awful songs(tolongo/eye meta or whatever the title is)

*ASA*:Wonderful vocalist,highly talented guitarist,overall a good package.question mark lost on this one.it is so amazing the way she puts words together,this sista is top notch.with her albums "the aptivator & asha" already doing well in the market.her success is a foregone issue.

KEMISTRY:Radio & tv presenter turned rapper,got decent rotation for her single "shake"but we can't jugde a book by its cover,the jury is still out on this one.

WUNMI OBE:What could be more interesting than making records with your husband,she is in her comfort zone (T.W.O) and not going solo anytime soon.

ESSENCE:Her rendition of african queen was neither spell binding nor Mind blowing.(dead end).i don't think anyone actually listened to her album "truly essence".

FUNKE:The girl that did a yoruba version of celine dion's "if that's what it takes"(another dead end)

MAIDEENA:Second runner up at star quest.status:missing in action

KWEEN:"Oluronbi-dance with me-jebele jebele".she has been around for quite some time and she keeps getting better.

MODELE:"Adara" was just okay.

*MUMA GEE*:A lot of people are sleeping on muma but she happens to be a great artist.her hit single "kade" was tight and the video was hot.

BOUQUI:Everybody knows bouqui or almost everybody,"molejo" was a regional hit,her debut album was tight and she can really rap for a gospel artist (nuff said)

*EGO IHEANACHO*:Wonderful resume-"konko below,anything,never far away".too bad all her hits were made with lagbaja,now that she is on her own,lets wait and see what she can come up with.

SASHA:Even with the release of her debut album "first lady" sash is still finding it difficult to hold her own in the industry.the untimely demise of trybe records put a huge dent in her career as she hasn't put out an outstanding single since "emi le gan"."adara" was just aight.well going to school,being a journalist and having a rap career is clearly not working,ask sash;she will know

AZEEZAT:"Simply magnificient" came and went with as much impact as a drop of water in the ocean."hold on" was quite nice then she stepped out of the picture only to reappear with "malu" which was underwhelming.

YINKA DAVIES:Who the F*@K is yinka davies?

*RESONANCE*:"Lele""chinwe ike""holy ghost fire""nna anyi" just to name a few were hit songs off her debut album.possesses an angelic voice that can move the crowd anywhere in the world.now if only that other guy could just step out of the picture.

WEIRD MC:It took the weird one 10 solid years to come out with after the storm,i will be damned if i wait another 10 years to get a good album.won't put my money on this.

BLAISE:Nice cameos so far so good,quite promising but until her album drops she will just be one of the many upcoming female rappers out there.

SHOLA ALLYNSON:With 3 solid album under her belt (eji owuro,gbeje fori & ire) she has what it takes but because she sings in yoruba language a lot of people are sleeping on her.someone should put up the money and sign this talented artiste so that she can get major backing and exposure.

FOLAKE UMOSEN:"King's praise" was so good she won a kora award.since that was her debut album we can only expect so much more from her sophomore album.

*STELLA ABODERIN*:The sultry voice behind synergy before disaster struck.she showed us what she was capable of on OGD all stars.no single out yet but i believe whenever she decides to come out,she will do just fine.

KENNY ST BROWN:This sista has been around for ages but has not made any noticeable impact.nothing short of a miracle will make her blow up big time.

JANET GABRIEL:Miss Nigeria 1993."heard it all before" was a beautiful song and her album "the fire within" should be worth listening to.but if you ask me i would say that isn't the way to the promised land.

GENEVIEVE:Our friend from nollywood came to the rescue when everything was going awry but her album "one logologo line" fell below expectation,but if she can get back on her A game,a lot can still be done.i wouldn't write her off just yet.

OMOTOLA:A member of the nollywood rescue team.her album "gba" was hot by all standards and a follow up is clearly in order but the question is can she combine being a good wife,good mother,be on location and still hit the studio.i really don't think so,she ain't superwoman.

ASHONYE:Former lead singer of emete & as hot as they come."party tonight" was off the hook,her album was aight but it will take more than that to evolve above your stereotypical R&B artiste.

KEFEE:"Branama & branama 2" were both solid albums that could have propelled her onto the national stage but somehow she is still in the background.maybe third time will be the charm for her.

*TY BELLO*:Former member of KUsh (let's live together).tight debut album with a hot single "greenland".now that we know that the land is green what's next,she had better not come back and start telling me that the sky is blue.i wouldn't find it funny

KEL:"Waa wa alright" has put baby girl up there with next rated female mcs.has shown a lot of potential.nothing much to write home about.

OMAWUNMI:Ist runner up on west african idols is coming out with a bang,ok maybe not with a bang cos her new single "in the music" sounds a little bit off.more like south african music,wrong direction to go.

FRAGRANCE:"Lovers and friends"

ANGELICA: "My naija guy""gizzy gizzy"

NIYOLA:"Keep it real"

AMAH:"Ooh aah""work that"

PAMMY JO:No comments

GOLDIE:No comments

SAMANTHA:No comments

ZEAL:No comments

*MOST PROMISING*
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by eccentric(m): 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2009
You are not entirely correct girl.First and foremost your list is incomplete.You didn't mention female acts like 'Nnena' and I'm sure there are plenty more female acts left out of your 'trial and error list'.Or is Nnena the one missing? Our country is replete with females who have loads of prospects.We don't have to downgrade any of em yet.Cos while there's time,anything can happen.
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by ojari: 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2009
Who the heck is sholly allison anmd why place her on the same level with Asa?
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by ojari: 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2009
What makes her and Asa the most talented female acts in Nigeria.You must be lost!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by ojari: 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2009
Don't blow your own trumpet without proof.Sholly allison ko,sholly allison ni.Show us what sholly allison has sung before we can qualify her as ''talented".Respect ought to be earned not claimed.Untill I hear her music then,
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by badman(m): 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2009
shola alison = pure talent

She might not be on the same level as asa mayb due her publicity. Go listen to shola alison's eji owuro

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Shaz(f): 10:42pm On Mar 14, 2009
Huh? Shola Allyson is good, mahn. . Don't even try
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Shaz(f): 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2009
Huh? Shola Allyson is good, mahn. . Don't even try
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Abagworo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2009
Everything depends on how we determine who nigerians are.to me and rest of the world,the most successful nigerian artist in music history is a lady and her name is SADE ADU.women are actually more endowed with good voice but a lot cannot make use of theirs.Fela,dr alban,2face,p-square,d-banj,9ice in that order are the most successful male artists and not most talented.seal denounced his nigerian roots otherwise,he might be tops.
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 16, 2009
YINKA DAVIES:Who the F*@K is yinka davies?

Before the likes of Asa, there was Yinka Davies. Personally, I think she has the best vocals among all that you listed. "Eko ile" should be a classic.
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by lazybones: 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
Interesting post,had a few good laughs, agree with you on most, There are a large number of upcoming female artistes,and that's the problem,many remain upcoming FOREVER.Time will tell though, I started a post about one,her name is Ibiyemi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEVvQDXDwjI

www.ibiyemi.com
www.myspace.com/ibiyemi

let's hope she doesn't join the endless list.
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by jeff101: 11:37am On Apr 01, 2009
what of nikki laoye & desperate chicks?
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by larayat(f): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2009
@poster,i tink dat list n d comment dat came afta dem are all crap, n u saying dey are imitating although it might be tru bt dont 4get dat even d males imitate miro dan d gurls, n dat can b proven,
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2012
Here is Samantha Emman's 'UNDILUTED'!! She is a Nigerian R n'B/Soul/ Afro pop performing artiste. This song is a hit banger!!!
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/NAnTC-Jn/01_undiluted.html
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
dude why u dey resurrect[size=28pt] 2009[/size] THREAD NA?
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Enitsua(m): 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2012
B4 i start i want to commend u on ur post quite impressiv, u must hav done a lotta of research and i'v seen ur other post, i guess ur an ardent music/celeb lover

i might nt b as coincise as u r but i wud luv to mke a few obsrvations

sm wer nt given d due recognition, dey deserved. Asa 4 one is talented no doubt, dis is due to her publicity nd sponsors, if others fem. Naija artist wer equally recognised nd sponsored ppl like Omawumi, Ego iheanacho, kfee wud b doin collabos wit d likes of beyonce nd rihanna etc. Omawumi on 1 hand is d most creativ 9ja artist i'v cm across, hav u listened to in d music? Bottom Belle ft Flavour, hw bout 'if u ask me' dose singles shud b rated among top 10 in d world

i luaghed wen i saw 'No comment' appended to sm names like Goldie, i might b wrong buh if u ask me mst of dis girls r copy cats, westernised Nigerians, even u wanna sample a western song, at least do it wit a form of originality, luk @ MI's illegal music 1 nd 2 it was simply d bomb, Atomic in fact. Nd y is Goldie so lady Gaga like? Wel my point exactly

u missed out Muna *smiles* d she shud stick to tv presentin, i tink she's rilly hot, as for waje nd d rest well lemme just say dey'r r nt creativ enuf to impress me.

I almost forgot Price she featured wit MI on his ottis sample illegal music 11, lukin 4wd to her nxt single or better still her album
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by newspapers: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Hard Fact and truth at http://www.divanaija.com.ng/
Re: Breaking News! Nigerian Diva Missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Djicemob: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
I don't know half the divas u mentioned

(1) (Reply)

Help On Mi Abaga Action Film Instrumentals / VIDEO: Master KG – Waya Waya Ft. Team Mosha / IP LAW :All You Need To Know About Your Rights In Music And Making Money Off It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.