Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? (7267 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. / Can A Nigerian Pastor Reject 20 Million Naira Bribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by banom(m): 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2009
I saw a thread asking if a nigerian police can refuse bribe, the answer to that question seems very obvious as 20 naira (roja) bribe is almost an official police culture here in Nigeria, infact very soon it will be included in police gazzete,

But i wondered if there is any sectore in Nigeria where we can get a true civic minded Nigerian who will shun any form of bribe, this broke out an arguement between me and my friend Kelvin who said there is , he said such a person could be found in religious sector, he went as far as mentioning names of natable Nigerian pastors whom he said can reject a bribe, i was almost  convinced by his points as he stressed further that those pastors are already very rich that they can afford to reject a bribe, But our arguement instantly stoped when i asked him what if the amount offered is 10 billion naira,  he simply said " that money  is big  enough to be a strong temptation, but, but, but, but,  i cant realy tell if any Nigerian pastor can reject it"

I am asking everyone here the same question, is there any Nigerian pastor who can stand firmly on the word of God and reject a 10 billion naira bribry offer ?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by KunleOshob(m): 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2009
banom:

i was almost convinced by his points as he stressed further that those pastors are already very rich that they can afford to reject a bribe,
The average very rich Nigerian pastor is most certainly already a very corrupt person and his corruption is worse than those who don't use the name of the almighty to amass wealth. He wouldcertainly eagerly accept a 10 billion naira bribe. he would also ask you to pay a tithe of your incomes(wether legit or not) and remind you to come and do thanksgiving when the outcome of the bribe manifests.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by JJYOU: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2009
KunleOshob:

The average very rich Nigerian pastor is most certainly already a very corrupt person and his corruption is worse than those who don't use the name of the almighty to amass wealth. He wouldcertainly eagerly accept a 10 billion naira bribe. he would also ask you to pay a tithe of your incomes(wether legit or not) and remind you to come and do thanksgiving when the outcome of the bribe manifests.
kunle are you the only righteous man in that nigeria?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by KunleOshob(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2009
JJYOU:

kunle are you the only righteous man in that nigeria?
I am not a righteous man. But i am striving to do his will and to find favour in his sight.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tpia: 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by banom(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2009
tpia:

why not. I'm sure there are Nigerian pastors who can reject a $10 billion naira bribe. People just wont hear of it, thats all.

There are plenty of regular people who can also reject bribes. They may not be as visible as the ones who dont reject bribes but it doesnt mean they dont exist.

Can you name one of them, with 10 billion naira, most Nigerian pastors will hand over Jesus christ for second cruxifision.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by ud4u: 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2009
[/quote][quote author=KunleOshob link=topic=247254.msg3590932#msg3590932 date=1236951904]

KunleOshob, I have always known you as a great critics of men of God, don't you know you can be one? They are human being like you so you can begin today and learn how to pastor a church so that you show by example. Your criticisms is too much, na waa for you. Remember you are not in the right position to judge or may be you have taken over from God.

My dear small small and always remember that God is watching.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by KunleOshob(m): 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2009
ud4u:

I am quite aware God is watching and he would be quite pleased with me for exposing the wolves feasting on his sheep.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tpia: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PastorAIO: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2009
tpia:

instead of asking me to name a pastor who wont accept a 10 billion naira bribe, since I've already said the ones who wont take would most likely remain unknown, why dont you name the ones who you feel will take the bribe.

Dis guy/girl, I always knew you were a trouble maker ever since you tried to accuse me of being a babalawo. Yet I eagerly await the answer to your question. cheesy
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tpia: 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by JJYOU: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2009
ud4u:

KunleOshob, I have always known you as a great critics of men of God, don't you know you can be one? They are human being like you so you can begin today and learn how to pastor a church so that you show by example. Your criticisms is too much, na waa for you. Remember you are not in the right position to judge or may be you have taken over from God.

some people succeess bring out the others failure.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PastorAIO: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2009
tpia:

you mean you didnt know before then?

And if you practice and advocate Ifa philosophy, does that make you Greek Orthodox? No be babalawo you be? Why acting so surprised as if my observation came out of nowhere.

why you consider it an accusation speaks volumes, btw.

The tone of your post then and even now is what is accusatory. Yes, I do love Ifa philosophy but no I'm not a babalawo. Your 'observation' does not make you an einstein I've quote Ifa verses all over Nairaland. Oh, and I've quoted Bhagavad Gita too, but I'm not an Hindu. And I've quoted Tao Teh Ching, but I'm not a Taoist.

O boy, if you want show me say you get pugnacity I go show you say I get double pugnacity. Actually forget that, I'll probably just ignore you.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by REALTRUTH1: 5:49pm On Mar 13, 2009
You want some names:Pastor W.F.Kumuyi and Tunde Bakare would not take bribe of what ever magnitude!!!Banom I want to ask you too,,how much would be enough to bribe you for anything whatsoever?please let me know, could it be #20,#50,#100 or how much?,,,I just don't wanna mention #10billion because I know you would just kill somebody for that!!lol grin
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tpia: 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PastorAIO: 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2009
tpia:

you're too quick to feel threatened.

People like you cant engage in ordinary conversation without seeing enemies everywhere.

Now, unless you're a patsy for others, or else hiding under a fake id, it would be better if you could stick to topic instead of making this about me.

I posted a response to someone's comment and the next thing is you're introducing a totally unrelated angle in typical oversabi.

Must every thread be about Ifa, or you want to wage Ifa jihad. Your sword will wound you however.

all these fetishists.

Lol! I take it you don't like me much then. Not to worry. I made that comment in a spirit of conviviality, not realising the extent of your disdain. All I said was that I was interested in hearing the answer to your question too. Perhaps that's an unrelated angle.

Well now I know how delighted you are to read my 'typically oversabi' posts I'll take it as a positive thing. I'm sure that if ever I'm to say anything erroneous or that I can't back up then you'll be at the ready with fangs baring waiting to pounce on me. Therefore I'd better not step out of line.

You see even your belligerence will have it's uses. If I make a mistake your attacks on me will correct me which is a good thing and even if I don't make a mistake, knowing that you are prowling about will serve to make me extra vigilant which is also a good thing.

God Bless you, my fellow nigerian.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tpia: 5:40am On Mar 14, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by blacksta(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2009
Hi i thought this thread was about 10 billion bribe. Can somebody please tell me what is the beef between tpia and pastorAio?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tnk24: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2009
tpia:

why not. I'm sure there are Nigerian pastors who can reject a $10 billion naira bribe. People just wont hear of it, thats all.

There are plenty of regular people who can also reject bribes. They may not be as visible as the ones who dont reject bribes but it doesnt mean they dont exist.

tpia, I strongly agree with you.

We know that corruption has eaten deep into the system in Nigeria (ofcourse, there is no single country in the world were there is no corruption) but, saying there is no single individual who will reject a =N=10 billion bribe is to say the least a lack of faith in Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by PastorAIO: 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2009
blacksta:

Hi  i thought this thread was about 10 billion bribe. Can somebody please tell me what is the beef between tpia and pastorAio?

The whole thing took even me by surprise too.  I believe it stems from some threads a few weeks ago.  The first was started by an oyinbo guy called omolawo.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-209585.32.html
What I couldn't get was whether he was competing with me to know more about Ifa or whether he was attacking me for knowing anything about it in the first place.

Then I ran into him/her again on another thread discussing the meaning of a yoruba word.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-238418.0.html
I'm not claiming that my position was correct in any of these threads.  I had my ideas of what Oyigiyigi meant which if proved wrong I am happy to take correction. 
I believe shim gets sensitive around any issues to do with yoruba language, culture, or religion.  Just what the issue is I don't know.  I noticed this in another thread that I didn't even take part of.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-44534.32.html

It is one of two contrary things, I suspect.  Either shim hates traditional yoruba culture and flares up whenever it is brought up.  Or Shim sees hemself as an authority in all things yoruba and feels challenged when someone has a contrary opinion and that leads shim to attack.  Hence accusing me of 'over sabi'.  I kinda feel there is an awful lot of projecting going on when shim addresses me. 
1) I'm too quick to feel threatened. 
Really?  I'd have fooled myself the way I'm feel so calm within.

2)I can't engage in conversation without seeing enemies everywhere.
Please, if anybody else on this forum has made any of these observations about me, let me know.  You'll be doing me a favour.

3)I'm using fake id.
I take it that everyone else here is using the names that their mother's called them. 

4)I bring in a totally unrelated subject to the thread in an attempt to introduce Ifa.
I believe all I said was that I was interested in the answer to his question too. 

To be honest I didn't know how deep this matter was with hem.  But now I know.  Truth is I don't hold it against hem.  No beefs from my side.  If ever s/he wants to interact with me in peace s/he'll find that I'll be happy to respond in the same spirit.

Now I'm off to see the rest of Man U/ Liverpool
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by jamace(m): 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2009
Can you name one of them, with 10 billion naira, most Nigerian pastors will hand over Jesus christ for second cruxifision

Abeg, make I laugh jare. grin grin. Prosperity madness of our pastors has gone beyond the ordinary. Lord have mercy.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tpia: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by banom(m): 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

You want some names:Pastor W.F.Kumuyi and Tunde Bakare would not take bribe of what ever magnitude!!!Banom I want to ask you too,,how much would be enough to bribe you for anything whatsoever?please let me know, could it be #20,#50,#100 or how much?,,,I just don't wanna mention #10billion because I know you would just kill somebody for that!!lol grin

what is the difference between me and those con men you mentioned above ?
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by tpia: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2009
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by segyemaro(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2009
we have alot of them that will jump at the offer,i know my dear chris oyakhilome will gladly do it, he is yet to return the sheraton money he collected some years ago
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by ternase(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2009
money is the root of all evil. who says a pastor cannot fall for such money? many will fall a hundred times over.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Ekwere(m): 10:28pm On Mar 14, 2009
There are stupid and inconsequential topics brought to this forum which are not suppose to be responded,imagine this one concerning Pastors or any human. What gives you right to judge? Woe betide anyone that judges for he or she shall be judge. Remember Bible says"touch not my anointed and sdo my prophet no harm" Many of us would jump into stuffs that should not be jumped at,may God in his infinite mercies forgive all of us. Amen
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Radiant(f): 10:51pm On Mar 14, 2009
ternase:

money is the root of all evil. who says a pastor cannot fall for such money? many will fall a hundred times over.

The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. 1 Tim 6:10.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by osisi2(f): 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2009
radiant??
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by Radiant(f): 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2009
LOL. . . yes, it's me tongue I was just reading your comments on the "Nigeria cannot afford an Ibo president" thread. U never change wink
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by omobaba101(m): 12:05am On Mar 15, 2009
Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ?
« on: Yesterday at 02:12:38 PM »
I saw a thread asking if a nigerian police can refuse bribe, the answer to that question seems very obvious as 20 naira (roja) bribe is almost an official police culture here in Nigeria, infact very soon it will be included in police gazzete,

But i wondered if there is any sectore in Nigeria where we can get a true civic minded Nigerian who will shun any form of bribe, this broke out an arguement between me and my friend Kelivin who said there is , he said such a person could be found in religious sector, he went as far as mentioning names of natable Nigerian pastors whom he said can reject a bribe, i was almost convinced by his points as he stressed further that those pastors are already very rich that they can afford to reject a bribe, But our arguement instantly stoped when i asked him what if the amount offered is 10 billion naira, he simply said " that money is big enough to be a strong temptation, but, but, but, but, i cant realy tell if any Nigerian pastor can reject it"

I am asking everyone here the same question, is there any Nigerian pastor who can stand firmly on the word of God and reject a 10 billion naira bribry offer ?

Your hidden agenda of trying to make mockery of Pastors seems to have made a fool out of you (and probably your friend as well). What favour are you seeking from a Pastor to alter judgment that you will give a bribe to him? It looks like your blind criticism has made you to forget the simple meaning of this English word. Try to know the difference between a gift and a bribe before you come to pull down people.
Re: Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? by otikpoko(m): 1:11am On Mar 15, 2009
Thats a tough one cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Solution To Corona Virus (Day 106) / A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? / Truth, Light And Bread Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.