Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video (44650 Views)

Treat Nigerians Equally To Ensure Unity, US Ambassador Advises Buhari. / Buhari Should Not Treat IPOB The Same Way As Boko Haram – Afenifere / President Buhari Promises Not To Treat Nigerians Equally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by gidson12(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
this man was ask a direct question he went forward to answer something stupid not relating to the question.......we are finished

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by dozern(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Am an igbo. I don't know why we are wasting our time expecting anything good from Buhari. I didn't vote him and in the next generation I will not. I am from anambra. I make my money without govt help so are many igbos. It's only the lazy folks are wailing. its in my blood to survive without Nigeria govt. so it is to Igbos. Buhari carry go.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by alexlee50: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
YoruBanger:
Perhaps he wasn't 'politically correct' in the way he framed the early part of his response to that first question from the clip. However, if you listened to his response in it's entirety he undoubtedly succeeded in articulating a fair and pragmatic response. This is where context comes to bear. Of course it will be naive to expect him to, for example, treat PDP members as equals with his APC supporters (PDP members are Nigerians too), therefore in THAT CONTEXT, he's right when he implies he won't treat all Nigerians equally. It's a matter of political correctness and context. No need blowing his statement out of proportion.
weak defense

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by stelaar(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
PMB is not the best as regards to spoken english but let me help translate exactly what he tried to say without bias

He said naturally people who voted enmass for him as against those that didnt are "supposed to be treated specially" but because of the constitution even if he wanted too...it cant be possible....therefore even places with zero vote wont be denied there legal rights and share of government

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Vivalavida99(f): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
jumobi1:
The fairness of his reply is debatable. His reply however was not the answer to the question. That's not good at all.

Thank you!

He seriously went off Mark by the question he was asked, he was incoherent and was just mumbling sweet nothing, this man is a serious embarrassment...i don't blame him though, i blame the Tunibu and his elks who brought him to power.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by sunsewa: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
ls it the resources from north or empty hand he will use to work,or maybe he intends using our resources in development of place that voted for him in neglect of us that did not vote for him,he is a deranged old brain man.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by mandax: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
A lesson for GEJ who treated north and northerners like idols all his tenure, while there were hardly any good federal roads in the SS and SE all his tenure. It's sickening to believe that some SS people do not feel equal to northerners in the Nigeria federation.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by dustydee: 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
lazinc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

FOR THOSE THAT FIND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND PLS READ HERE:

"(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair."
Seun you need to rein in your moderators for trying to pitch Nigerians against each other. The caption of this thread is at variance with the content of the video. The president said he will not marginalise any part of the country even though he'd naturally want to favour those that heavily voted for him. Whatever these people want to achieve by twisting the presidents words, you should not be a part of it. If Nigeria goes up in flames, it is likely to affect you and millions of other innocent people and so it is our duty to be truthful and put our country first.
Have a lovely day.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
Let's us all reason along with this fact from Mr President.
He Will do well to all in nearly equal way,but some who suffered more will surely get more.
He has the scale to tune the distribution.
Let's wait to see.
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Billygee2u: 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
that is why every key positions now is being occupied by the Northerns.
for unemployers,you must change your name to a Northern name before you can gain employment in the government or before you can be awarded a government contract.
what a shame on those who voted for this dullard onechance.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by stalione(m): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Reddit:
How would a president makes such a lousy statement during a press conference on a global scene?

My fellow Nigerians, please brace up for more of these from the Duara Dullard!
lipsrsealed anumanu,were were u when they voted massively for buhari,instead we igbos were busy following the useless otuoke fisherman!!!

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by galadima77(m): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
before nko? and if u feel pained, join d lagooners

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by danlamiturawa(m): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Very gud. because som ppl were bizy oposin, wen we were sacrificin 4 dis change. So d presindnt is very rit.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by password88(m): 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
:oOh my God we are being maginalized here. If that be the case, where is democracy? Where is freedom of choice of goervance? Why must some sets suffer bcus of the type of choice they have choosen? embarassed chai the formal president tried all he could to bring us all together why dis now? cry

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by mandax: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
dustydee:

Seun you need to rein in your moderators for trying to pitch Nigerians against each other. The caption of this thread is at variance with the content of the video. The president said he will not marginalise any part of the country even though he'd naturally want to favour those that heavily voted for him. Whatever these people want to achieve by twisting the presidents words, you should not be a part of it. If Nigeria goes up in flames, it is likely to affect you and millions of other innocent people and so it is our duty to be truthful and put our country first.
Have a lovely day.

Why must he favour only those that voted for him? What does his north contribute to Nigeria's purse except being a parasite?

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by CSTR2: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
mandax:
A lesson for GEJ who treated north and northerners like idols all his tenure, while there were hardly any good federal roads in the SS and SE all his tenure. It's sickening to believe that some SS people do not feel equal to northerners in the Nigeria federation.
GEJ is a slowpoke. He was too educated for his own good.
A wike as president would have been far better for the SS.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by ApexTitan(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
nduchucks:
The same folks who refused to vote for him, constantly call him unspeakable names, do not wish him success, rejoice in anything about him which may be embassing, mock him at every opportunity they have, are now surprised that there are consequences for their actions.

What a bunch of goat smelling buffoons embarassed

This has to be the lowest thing you have ever written on Nairaland.

I am embarrassed on your behalf.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Utchman1: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
What he has said is correct but I would have expected him to be more diplomatic about it which he tried to be at the end of the interview.

Is it not normal for an APC president to appoint APC supporters as ministers?

Was it not the same under PDP? You need your loyalists to occupy strategic positions.

From election result, there are more APC supporters in the SW and North. So you will expect them to be more favored.

Reality of life.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Gakwe123(m): 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
preselect:

[size=13pt]and in your brain this is normal? that an elected president says that all will not be treated the same. that is normal to you? this is serious. [/size]
........my president my president

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Vivalavida99(f): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
With what i just saw, i can now join the bandwagon of those calling this man a dullard, he is really a dullard no doubt about that.

Does it mean our president doesn't know the meaning of " inclusive Government"? Aru emege!!!

Dullardinhô certified cheesy

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
dustydee:

Have a lovely day.
Please! Please!! Please!!! it's called a forum and So both good, bad, ugly and beautiful publications are allowed. The same the media criticise the former administration on every moves ,same share will be applied. It's the job of the public secretary on media to clary issues and then publish it. If the government isn't critise, they can easily .make policies that wouldn't favour the masses

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by CSTR2: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by dustydee: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Paschal55(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
[/code][code]
[code][/code]Sir we never ask u to,perhaps we have been surviving the ill treatment being meted out on us since the wrong amalgamation of the British DUARA DULLARD!...Dear NIGERIAS,expect more of this because what you have just seen is barely the tip of an iceberg...Buhari IS CLUELESS #BIAFRA#

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Ahmeduana(m): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
jumobi1:
The fairness of his reply is debatable. His reply however was not the answer to the question. That's not good at all.
FROM ABUNDANT OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
jumobi1:
If you watch the video again. you'll realize he didn't even get the question though the questioner wasn't speaking french or latin.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by pointzee: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
lazinc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

FOR THOSE THAT FIND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND PLS READ HERE:

"(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair."
who ever that posted this video should have listened to to concluding part b4 drawing conclusions, please my fellow easterners, do not allow all these bad belly ppl to poison ur minds against our President, he means well for all Nigerians, remember he said "I am for nobody but for everybody". God bless Nigeria

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by Privy(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
Reddit:
Haaaa!!!! grin grin grin grin

Did you watch where our dumbo Bubu asking the guy beside him the meaning of inclusive government?

Oh!! Words fail me. Nigerias behold your Daura President!

LOL.

While PMB's statement in the 1st half of his response is something that should never come out of the mouth of a president of a multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-cultural nation as Nigeria, he should also remember that the election that made him our president is probably the most publicly, openly and ethnically polarized election in the history of Nigeria. I am also glad that he caught himself and tried to mitigate the level of negativity in the statement.

However, I do hope that the first statement is not an indication of his real intentions and if they were I do hope that VP Osibanjo will preach forgiveness and fairness to him because that is very critical to his success as the president of Nigeria. He needs to know, also, that 2015 is very different from 1984. The world has changed a lot and people have a great level of unfettered access to information and info dissemination media. Regardless of how their spokesmen interpret their statements and actions or whatever paid and unpaid journalists write, just like GEJ, PMB unwittingly writes his own history, through the keypads of observant citizens, on facebook, twitter, youtube etc and his statements, actions and inaction will either seal his place in Nigeria's hall of fame or hall of shame. He has 4 yrs to chose which it will be.

By the way, I felt ashamed that my president did not understand the meaning of "inclusive governance". It's quite a shame for anyone seriously involved in politics or governance to not understand that term. I just dey wonder what those folks there (and those that see this video afterwards) will think of Nigeria's intellectuals and even GMB.

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by princejenks(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Its such a pity reading pathetic comments in different fora patting grandpa for being politically incorrect in his latest comments about being more committed to those who voted for him than those who didnt. My only contribution to this is that the people hailing this comment rather than criticizing it should remember that once grandpa starts dealing governance with this kind of mindset,it would take longer for him to even pay attention to even other regions that even voted for him since they(the north) voted in the majority while he would prorate dividends to the others based on their contributions;if at all he would be allowed to have their attention since his northern brothers already have his listening ears. No matter how much resources is hoarded to the north,it would still forever lag behind the south,nothing anyone can do about that

Re: BUHARI: I Will Not Treat Nigerians Equally!! Video by anytexy: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
baby124:
He's right though. Jonathan did the opposite and lost.
Exactly, God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Considers Banning Okada Across The Country / Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Fashola Meets His Former School Teacher After 38 Years (Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55