Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence (6339 Views)

How Your Security Pattern Looks When You Use Your Entire Salary To Buy Phone / Four Nigerian Songs You Have Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life! / 20 Hilarious Pics That Will Make Your Weekend Fun.(updated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 6:55am On Jul 24, 2015
But let’s think bigger. In JUST this picture taken by the Hubble telescope, there are thousands and thousands of galaxies, each containing millions of stars, each with their own planets.

2 Likes

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 6:58am On Jul 24, 2015
Here’s one of the galaxies pictured, UDF 423.
This galaxy is 10 BILLION light years away. When
you look at this picture, you are looking billions
of years into the past.
(Some of the other galaxies are thought to have formed only
a few hundred million years AFTER the Big Bang).

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2015
And just keep this in mind — that’s a picture of a very small, small part of the universe. It’s just an insignificant fraction of the night sky.

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:04am On Jul 24, 2015
And, you know, it’s pretty safe to assume that there are some black holes out there. Here’s the size of a black hole compared with Earth’s orbit, just to terrify you:

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:06am On Jul 24, 2015
So if you’re ever feeling upset about your favorite show being canceled or the fact that they play Christmas music way too early — just remember… This is your home.

2 Likes

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2015
This is what happens when you zoom out from your home to your solar system.

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2015
And this is what happens when you zoom out farther…

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:15am On Jul 24, 2015
And farther…
Everyone we know and everything we own are all in that red little tiny dot. Amazing isn't it?

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:22am On Jul 24, 2015
Keep going...

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:25am On Jul 24, 2015
And just a little bit farther...

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Almost there...

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:32am On Jul 24, 2015
And here it is. Here’s everything in the observable universe, and here’s your place in it. Just a tiny little ant in a giant jar. Oh man. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala , introvert ,fatdon1, barcanisa Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candirain, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi and all patriots
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Koolmexxi(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2015
If dis makes u re-evaluate ur entire existence, then what happens when u go deep into science as a whole Anyway u should have at least given credit to the dude on buzzfeed except plagiarism is now encouraged on nairaland.. Anyway here's the link in case u forgot to copy dat too... Link http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-universe-is-scary#.xsDgNmW7EK
Anyway u try sha but I'm jus looking for trouble dis morning.. On a lighter note, wen nepa go bring light out there?
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by CuteMaro(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2015
Oh ! Astronomy my 1st Love!

Its just Amazing.... Makes u want to rethink and doubt some told stories.

I can't help but imagine what is out there...Could there be extraterrestrial life?

Guess we can't know until science tells us.
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 10:21am On Jul 24, 2015
Koolmexxi:
If dis makes u re-evaluate ur entire existence, then what happens when u go deep into science as a whole Anyway u should have at least given credit to the dude on buzzfeed except plagiarism is now encouraged on nairaland.. Anyway here's the link in case u forgot to copy dat too... Link http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-universe-is-scary#.xsDgNmW7EK
Anyway u try sha but I'm jus looking for trouble dis morning.. On a lighter note, wen nepa go bring light out there?
Too bad it didn't make FP sad
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by AdekunleSegun(m): 10:23am On Jul 24, 2015
this is why GOD is greater than what human can ever imagine.
fear GOD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2015
CuteMaro:
Oh ! Astronomy my 1st Love!

Its just Amazing.... Makes u want to rethink and doubt some told stories.

I can't help but imagine what is out there...Could there be extraterrestrial life?

Guess we can't know until science tells us.
Me too, although I doubt we'll ever see aliens (with each solar system billions of light years away) unless they maybe decide to invade the Earth grin

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by speakout72: 10:26am On Jul 24, 2015
Nice one michaeljnr
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 10:28am On Jul 24, 2015
AdekunleSegun:
this is why GOD is greater than what human can ever imagine.

fear GOD.
He's amazing isn't he? Yet he still watches over all

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by kenedy175(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2015
When I was much younger, I had so much love for astronomy till this very moment.

The universe is indeed huge. It's limitless. That's why I strongly believe we can't be the only ones living in it.

We have about 200 billion galaxies in the universe and we live in just 1 of this galaxies ( the milky way)

And inside the milky way, we live in planet earth. While there are about 100 billion planets in this galaxy.

There must be life somewhere out there. As technology improves, we hope to communicate with other ET being

Science is cool! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Dannidom(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2015
I wonder the ultimate source of their energy

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Koolmexxi(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2015
Michaeljnr225:

Too bad it didn't make FP sad
Yea too badt considering nasa is set to make a major announcement today on a major discovery..
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by francizy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
Am not really good at this tho.. sad
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by EbukaHades10(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
Getting my pen and paper ready. Geography all the way
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
Koolmexxi:

Yea too badt considering nasa is set to make a major announcement today on a major discovery..
Still, that's not relevant. People just tend to go after useless threads even when educative ones like this exists

1 Like

Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Lagusta(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
And some peeps would still refuse to believe in God!!!!!
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
This gave me the chills... I went all like - Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ!! Jesus Christ!!! cool

We only did up to the Milky Way in high school, loved geography and was among the few that actually did undestood it.

God is Awesome!!! smiley
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Yet we humans, egotistically, believe we are the only intelligent life out there
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
Zedric:
Yet we humans, egotistically, believe we are the only intelligent life out there
What? Don't tell me u think their are aliens out there embarassed
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Michaeljnr225(m): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
speakout72:
Nice one michaeljnr
And thank you Mr. grin
Re: 26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-evaluate Your Entire Existence by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
Michaeljnr225:

What? Don't tell me u think their are aliens out there embarassed
Wait, tell me you are joking. You opened this thread so you should know just how expansive the universe is (and some physicists are hinting at the possibility if a multiverse). So will you seriously say a Supreme entity built all if that just because of humans? Please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Comedians Based In The Usa / Engineer Day Quotes Image Messages Wallpaper SMS Wishes 2015 / Future Impossible Tense.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.