Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:19 AM

Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano (45170 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Chris95(m): 8:09am On Jul 24, 2015
grin
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Mckennedy: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:
The Igbos were highly detribalized people not until the civil war, we all are one, let's unite and make Nigeria a better place

who murdered him
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by DukeNija(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
The man that scatta nigeria with his brother chukwuma kaduna...no wonder the ibos are paying the price 2day

What price? Tell me your tribe and let us compare their success with that of the igbos.

7 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Mckennedy: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
The man that scatta nigeria with his brother chukwuma kaduna...no wonder the ibos are paying the price 2day

chukwuma Kaduna was from Niger delta like you claimed and told them,,,so waiting come concern igbos inside

5 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by zendy: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:
The Igbos were highly detribalized people not until the civil war, we all are one, let's unite and make Nigeria a better place

There is going back on Biafra! You want Nigeria? Go to Britain and ask Lugard where Nigeria is

The unfortunate thing in this picture is that the other officer, Lt Colonel Usman Katsina knew that his fellow northerners were planning to kill Ironsi but he said nothing to his Boss. Ironsi was killed a few days later after this picture when he was in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by obigold1(m): 8:14am On Jul 24, 2015
Very soon we will start Killing the cockroaches and bastard Beggers
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by laffytaffy1: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2015
AGUIYI ! AGUIYI !! AGUIYI !!! you see what happens when you trust those filthy pigs. Oh well rest in peace the great crocodile.

3 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by MacluvPH(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
Abeg, I don quote you. Teach me history....,I want more from you.

anonym0us:
He caused his death....

he should have court martial those igbo rebels that lead the coup for mutiny but rather he was playing hanky panky..so the northern soldiers felt he supported the killing of their kinsmen remember no igbo politician lost their life in the coup and to make matters worse igbos where occupying the keys positions in the military and civil service...quote me and I will teach you history

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by dokyOloye: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2015
sameer1212:
Gen. T. Y Danjuma lipsrsealed
The devil is waiting to bleep him from d ear,nose and butt.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by teamchocolate: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2015
Lies.. undecided highly detribalized pple not until they killed the other Nigerians in the first coup and left easterners..
amaben2020:

4 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by HiGod: 8:21am On Jul 24, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^What are the 'ibos' paying the price for, and how are they paying it?

For their unrefined tribalism....

For killing the leaders of other Nations within Nigeria state...

For destroying our flourishing regional system of govt; true federalism.

For destroying and tarnishing the image of Nigeria around the world with all sort of crimes......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by columbus007(m): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
you don't read some1 like you believes in here say undecided
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anonym0us: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2015
MacluvPH:
Abeg, I don quote you. Teach me history....,I want more from you.

the igbos were printing shirts of kaduna nzeogwu referring Dem as heroes to make it worse a musician from the east release a track dissing the northerner's that alone caused the bloody coup and riot.. Need more?

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2015
naijaking1:
I see now how closely the dude resembled GEJ for being too comfortable with 'those people' And the result was almost the same, right

Yeah, I read he rode their d1ck too hard. And tried everything in his power to appease them.

But then again, the shadow of the coup by 'his tribesmen' really stuck with him. A coup he likely had foreknowledge of...

Fvcking crush your enemy, if you have to, don't pvssy-foot. Something about the Northerners I admire...they take no prisoners.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by columbus007(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2015
Anytime I hear of this man, a general as he was,I will begin to hate on abokis undecided

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by hakeem4(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2015
Obipat:
ashawo kobo kobo. Stipi.d smelling yorubad girl
did he and ifeajuna not destroy Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by SlyCharlie(m): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
who's your history teacher??
its either he did a bad job or u were a a vewi dumb student :/

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by amiluv4u(f): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2015
I believe we are matured citizens and some are educated to some extend,y most somebody air his or her own view about issues and we lay insults like the animals Americans predicted we are,there should be a level of decorum amongs us @ obijulius .

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anonym0us: 8:32am On Jul 24, 2015
columbus007:
Anytime I hear of this man, a general as he was,I will begin to hate on abokis undecided
don't hate on the northerners it's just human to revenge the igbos started the killing...azikiwe knew about the plot but he refused to warn the prime minister because they had a problem of who to control the arm forces

5 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by horlanray(m): 8:34am On Jul 24, 2015
Lifenis not a bed of
roses

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by hakeem4(m): 8:34am On Jul 24, 2015
DukeNija:

What price? Tell me your tribe and let us compare their success with that of the igbos.
Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by horlanray(m): 8:35am On Jul 24, 2015
Lifenis not a bed of roses
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by amaben2020(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2015
teamchocolate:
Lies.. undecided highly detribalized pple not until they killed the other Nigerians in the first coup and left easterners..
there you go again, Major Kaduna Nzeogu look at the first name again pls, Kaduna Nzeogu doesn't even speak igbo language fluently and didn't carry out the coup on behalf of the igbos, it was a personal feat, if you're sincere, Major Adegboyega was among, General Ironsi was also on the list, why didn't anyone say a word when the Hausa generals partook in numerous coups? Abacha, IBB, Dullardinhoe, Murtala all carried out coups, why the hate on igbos

5 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by garrimallam: 8:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Ur knowledge of history is insigificant!
anonym0us:
He caused his death....

he should have court martial those igbo rebels that lead the coup for mutiny but rather he was playing hanky panky..so the northern soldiers felt he supported the killing of their kinsmen remember no igbo politician lost their life in the coup and to make matters worse igbos where occupying the keys positions in the military and civil service...quote me and I will teach you history

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by mpowa(m): 8:41am On Jul 24, 2015
That's why we all should let Bygones be Bygones or else we would continue to Buy Guns.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by DukeNija(m): 8:41am On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
Yoruba

Yoruba lmaooooo
What have you that the igbos have not bested.
Is it in education? Industrialization? Trade and commerce? Sport? Where can you sincerely say you are equal to the igbos. You have been president once and how did that make your region developed? How did Obasanjo make the SW better than other regions?
You claimed to have education, but the igbos took that away from you. Ask WAEC for the past 4 years.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 24, 2015
anonym0us:
He caused his death....

yea u are right but the truth is that he never supported the coup. He hindered the success of d coup in lagos while ojukwu hidered its success in the East, chukuma only succeeded in Kaduna and if not 4 dis 2 men, the coup wud av bin successful. Mayb they hindered it due 2 Ego cosidereing that th coup was led by a junior officer. But 2 be sincere, the success of that coup wud av made naija a beta place cos the motive was 2 eliminate corrupt officers n politicians, chukuma was a very patriotic Nigerian, even during the civil war, he never supported the biafra ideology by ojuku, he was stil an advocate of one nigeria, thus making ojukwu think him as a sabotouer. If our soldiers n officers can be as half brave as chukuma, then bokoharam wud av bin a thing of d past.

8 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by whytepawn1(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2015
Johnny iron-side. so he was called by his foreign friends.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Tonynwaduche(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
Please study your history well and ask questions before coming here to type ur biased thoughts.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by mekanaky: 8:42am On Jul 24, 2015
Agunyi never knew he worked with rebels until his death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos Of Soldiers At The Home Of Tamunosisi Gogo-Jack, Rivers Commissioner / Rauf Aregbesola Visits Ministry Of Interior To Resume Work Immediately / Nigerian Troops Take Over Shekau’s Farm In Sambisa Forest (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.