Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh (10927 Views)

​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North / Woman Absconds With Anti-corruption Crusade Largesse In Lagos / Man On Motorcycle Supports Buhari After Budget Presentation. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by PhockPhockMan: 3:52am On Jul 24, 2015
The National Publicity Secretary of the People Democratic Party, Chief Oliseh Metuh, on Thursday, said the PDP was in support of the anti-corruption crusade by the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He described corruption as a crime against the Nigerian people and the country’s constitution.

Metuh had while addressing PDP stakeholders in Lokoja on Tuesday accused Buhari of treating PDP members, especially the officials of the past administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as criminals and prisoners of war because of the ongoing probes.

But speaking during the Kogi State congress election in Lokoja on Thursday, Metuh, who was the state congress chairman, said PDP was in support of any move that would check corruption in the country.

He added that the party was in support of Buhari’s anti-corruption stance.

He stated that as long as the hands of PDP members were clean, they had nothing to fear in the ongoing war against graft in the country.

The PDP spokesperson said the party would not protect any of its member found to have been corrupt.

According to him, it has become necessary for public officials to be held accountable for their actions.

Metuh, however, warned that there should be no witch-hunt and that due process and the rule of law must be adhered strictly in the probes.

He said, “Even if the PDP members are being probed, we support the probes because people are being held to account for their stewardships in office but we don’t want political lynching.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-backs-buharis-probes/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:57am On Jul 24, 2015
Sweet
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 24, 2015
He should probe IBB, Atiku, OBJ...not just Jona and officials of the last administration.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Demmocrats(m): 4:11am On Jul 24, 2015
Hmmm this probe will open so many yansh
www.

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Demmocrats(m): 4:11am On Jul 24, 2015
Wait corruption started before jona, the likes of former generals and the rest.

Since the beginning of time Nigeria was corrupt WHY JONATHAN
www.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by paragon40(m): 4:17am On Jul 24, 2015
now u are talking..let us come together and fight corruption....na only immunization I don benefit from govt, they only say things we dont see dem.........baba I believe in ur govt.....and u have my support....wat abt u

17 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by INTROVERT(f): 4:20am On Jul 24, 2015
This thread will have some traction when day breaks..

i see people don't sleep...
I'm going for jogging soon.

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 24, 2015
yes we support him

let him start from 1980- date

let's see who's the most corrupt

APC and foolishness can't be separated

5 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 24, 2015
paragon40:
now u are talking..let us come together and fight corruption....na only immunization I don benefit from govt, they only say things we dont see dem.........baba I believe in ur govt.....and u have my support....wat abt u

ur own better say u don gain immunization

d only government program or property i don gain na PVC

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by paragon40(m): 5:06am On Jul 24, 2015
Taylor86:

ur own better say u don gain immunization

d only government program or property i don gain na PVC
hahahaa lets hope it will get better in the days of buhari and after buhari...
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by isbish(m): 5:12am On Jul 24, 2015
Cos many of you hate PMB u are shouting he should probe ObJ, Atiku and Tinibu so he will have problem abi...God pass all of ona. He should only probe GEJ's regime cos its the worst regime ever.

14 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 24, 2015
THAT'S THE WAY TO GO. LET'S JOIN HANDS AND FIGHT CORRUPTION. YOU CAN'T TAKE POSITION THAT WILL MAKE A RIGHT THINKING PERSON TO ASSUME THAT CORRUPTION IS YOUR PARTY'S OFFICIAL POLICY. BARCANISTAR, PLEASE NOTE. METU IS MAKING MILLIONS FROM HIS SPOKESMAN POSITION WHILE TOWN CRYER BARCANISTAR IS PICKING CRUMBS ON NAIRALAND

17 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by fitzmayowa: 6:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Rather than shout witch hunting, support the government of day to do what will benefit nigerian, this how to move the country forward good one from the PDP...

The PMB led government should be fair and just while carrying out the said probe so they won't be tagged as vindictive or witch hunting...

God Bless Nigeria....

11 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by fitzmayowa: 6:59am On Jul 24, 2015
isbish:
Cos many of you hate PMB u are shouting he should probe ObJ, Atiku and Tinibu so he will have problem abi...God pass all of ona. He should only probe GEJ's regime cos its the worst regime ever.

So Obj, Atiku and Tinubu are above the law right But GEJ is not right

This comment is a definition of hypocrisy...SMH

4 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Good one from the PDP!
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by DaBullIT(m): 7:25am On Jul 24, 2015
HEHEHE

Good one , But i believe most of them have gone into hiding now grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by vedaxcool(m): 7:30am On Jul 24, 2015
But your foolish trolls for hire defend corrupt ministers from Jonathan's regime and insist they must not be probed.

9 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by olasmith10(m): 7:33am On Jul 24, 2015
if u cannot beat them, u join them...

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by omowolewa: 7:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Better opposition.

Let the whistle blowers speak up, the investigators gather enough evidence and facts, the prosecuting councel be thorough and let the judge be unbias. The we see a better Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by socialmediaman: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2015
First meaningful statement I've read or heard from the PDP or their supporters since their defeat at the polls

7 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Beremx(f): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2015
socialmediaman:
First meaningful statement I've read or heard from the PDP or their supporters since their defeat at the polls

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2015
No one is saying u shudnt probe.. Probe and recover all monies stolen.. buh d probe must be thorough not selective... if u re probing Jonathan govt den d governors who served during Jona must be inclusive in d probe... Gej himself, ministers, governors, fraudulent companies etc.. however dea is mo truth in ds world, it will end up being selective sha....
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by PhockPhockMan: 9:35am On Jul 24, 2015
crixtex:
No one is saying u shudnt probe.. Probe and recover all monies stolen.. buh d probe must be thorough not selective... if u re probing Jonathan govt den d governors who served during Jona must be inclusive in d probe... Gej himself, ministers, governors, fraudulent companies etc.. however dea is mo truth in ds world, it will end up being selective sha....
True talk.

I wonder why Ishilove and lalasticlala are not happy with this good news.
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by CR77(f): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2015
Until Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku and OBJ are made to face justice, I'll never take Buhari fight against corruption serious

3 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by SaiBuharii: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2015
Na wash.
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Something that was non-existence during their (APC's) tenure as opposition rather they took to the media to lambaste every move engineered by PDP.

I as a PDP sympathizer also support the APC led government in their quest to probe the previous administration but let it not be limited to GEJ's tenure cos it would amount to political witch - hunting.

I would wanna urge them as well to desist from political vendetta which is playing out now!

Thanks!!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by itskings: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
I saw this post on. www.badolee.com

But they are all lies, pdp forming familiarity
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by allanphash7(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Not only oliseh why not finidi

Mtcheww
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by CR77(f): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Good question kiss kiss
fitzmayowa:

So Obj, Atiku and Tinubu are above the law right But GEJ is not right

This comment is a definition of hypocrisy...SMH

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by idari: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
K
Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by Bants(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh by ritux: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Good for them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pressure On Goje To Accept Lawan For Senate President / Seven Ekiti APC Aspirants Withdraw Amid Protest, Call For Cancellation / Salomi Pagu: Soldiers Rescue Another Chibok Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.