Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO (11452 Views)

8 Good Reasons Why Women Should Start Asking Men Out / Married Lady Exposes A Sexually Starved Man On Facebook Asking Her For Sex(pics) / Questions Women Should Avoid Asking Men In Relationshipsby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by ShortBass(f): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2015
smileyHello, beautiful Africans

I'm confused about the whole "men providing" thing. What I've noticed is that women who claim not to ask men for money really do it secretely and pretend to be holier their though shaming those who do so openly. As some women would say, "we're having sex so he should give me money" another little thing that even the noblest women live by. Me, personally, am scared to death at even the thought of asking my man for money, it just doesn't feel right. How do men feel when women ask them for cold cash? Is it ok? Do you feel used? I know some men give it when they feel like it, but some just don't. Money really messes up good relationships.

1 Like

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 24, 2015
it depends...
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 24, 2015
There is nothing wrong in asking.

However, too much of anything is bad. smiley
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Akuneshiobike(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2015
Excess request of it is a no no!
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by octopusfreaky(f): 9:07am On Jul 24, 2015
[size=18pt]there's nothing wrong in asking just don't become a liability.. [/size]
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by naijaboiy: 9:10am On Jul 24, 2015
i'm just waiting for the girl that will come here and say. "I'm independent. I don't need to ask my man for anything"

Yet they will still say "I can't date broke guys"

Why the hell are you now dating guy who is financially stable if you won't need his money some day?

Such contradictions. undecided
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2015
There is ntin wrong in asking but the two partners involve should be on the loosing end,not just a partner, when a partner continue to be on the losing end,the relationship no doubt will lose it glamour,i hate parasitic relationships.

1 Like

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2015
I'm also scared to ask a man for money but inside I expect him to give me money. Don't ask why because I also don't know where this expectation/entitlement is coming from. Must be a girl thing, I guess.

Over the weekend I was chatting with one girl who is my neighbour. Some months back she broke things off with the guy she was dating. Anyway, so she was telling me about how much she misses his money lol. The guy works for the air force, so he gets paid on the 15th. She said every 15 he used to deposit R1 500 to her bank account. Religiously. No whining. So I asked how she got him to do that. She said you start with the little things while the relationship is still fresh. Meaning, he's being groomed to give.

She then went on to give me an example about her new boyfriend. They've been dating for like a month or something. She said he asked her to accompany him to Clicks to buy toiletry. She said she let him go through the isles picking up the stuff he needed. While he was busy, she also picked up 4 items of her own & added them to his when they got to the till. I laughed so hard because, I'd be very embarrassed to do that. So I asked what he said when it was clear she expected him to pay for her cosmetics. She said he said nothing, just paid. One of the items was a make up kit worth R180+. Eish! Some girls! The guy is in now, no way out. She has him by the balls lol.
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by tpiadotcom: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2015
ShortBass:
smileyHello, beautiful Africans

Who ?
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2015
PunkyVeer:
I'm also scared to ask a man for money but inside I expect him to give me money. Don't ask why because I also don't know where this expectation/entitlement is coming from. Must be a girl thing, I guess.

Over the weekend I was chatting with one girl who is my neighbour. Some months back she broke things off with the guy she was dating. Anyway, so she was telling me about how much she misses his money lol. The guy works for the air force, so he gets paid on the 15th. She said every 15 he used to deposit R1 500 to her bank account. Religiously. No whining. So I asked how she got him to do that. She said you start with the little things while the relationship is still fresh. Meaning, he's being groomed to give.

She then went on to give me an example about her new boyfriend. They've been dating for like a month or something. She said he asked her to accompany him to Clicks to buy toiletry. She said she let him go through the isles picking up the stuff he needed. While he was busy, she also picked up 4 items of her own & added them to his when they got to the till. I laughed so hard because, I'd be very embarrassed to do that. So I asked what he said when it was clear she expected him to pay for her cosmetics. She said he said nothing, just paid. One of the items was a make up kit worth R180+. Eish! Some girls! The guy is in now, no way out. She has him by the balls lol.

she is right actually, if a guy fall into that trap the 1st time, he will forever continue, it becomes a norm in the relationship.

my gf tried it, i do understand she is a student and all, she kind of felt entitled, cuz she is hot i will do everything she says to keep her, well, she was shocked at how opposite and stubborn i turned out to be,
(her = babe i need 30k to add to what i have to buy a new phone.
me= NO, NOI, NON, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . whats wrong with your S5 that you want an iphone now.).

that was actually the convo we had last weekend cheesy

i do give her like an allowance kind of each month cuz she is a student, but nothing excessive.

There is a difference when dating a student and working class with an ok job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by falconey(m): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Jollyjoy:
There is ntin wrong in asking but the two partners involve should be on the loosing end,not just a partner, when a partner continue to be on the losing end,the relationship no doubt will lose it glamour,i hate parasitic relationships.

if I may ask what does the female has to loose? Her body?

The guy is sure loosing some pretty cash.
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Adaeze003(f): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2015
If the Man in question aint my dad then it's a complete NO...

Start asking for money n they start expecting you to act as the "wife" and to "take care of them"... lol... I aint yo mama, aint nobody got time for that shii wink...

2 Likes

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by coldHeat: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Why must a woman ask a man for money?

Can't she condition her mind to be financially independent?

Why must a man also reward some women with money for the possible possibility of having intimate relations with them?

Can't he condition his mind to see women as wonderful gifts from heaven and not just tools to indulge in his sexual fantasies?

*meditating deeply on the issue*

2 Likes

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 24, 2015
Adaeze003:
If the Man in question aint my dad then it's a complete NO...

Start asking for money n they start expecting you to act as the "wife" and to "take care of them"... lol... I aint yo mama, aint nobody got time for that shii wink...

take care of them??

apart from sex and cooking, which you will be doing anyway. what else?
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Adaeze003(f): 10:11am On Jul 24, 2015
sinestro24:

take care of them??

apart from sex and cooking, which you will be doing anyway. what else?

Which I will be doing anyway? Lol that's funny...
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2015
Adaeze003:

Which I will be doing anyway? Lol that's funny...

well am i lying.

that is a stone cold fact.

if you dont, another will definitely will
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by ShortBass(f): 10:14am On Jul 24, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I also expect it, lol, but can't ask. A relative of mine is on her second car and she's never seen the bill of either car. Tjo! Lol, for me it's worse coz my man loves keeping a lot of cash around, I could easilly take and he wouldn't notice. I just can't!!
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by ShortBass(f): 10:15am On Jul 24, 2015
sinestro24:

well am i lying.

My aunt always says that grin
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by XavierBlue(m): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2015
naijaboiy:
i'm just waiting for the girl that will come here and say. "I'm independent. I don't need to ask my man for anything"

Why the hell are you now dating guy who is financially stable if you won't need his money some day?

most girls thinks relationship is a means of income.

XavierBlue
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by ShortBass(f): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Who ?

Exclude yourself and sit your ugly ass down ---->_/
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by cyprus000: 10:17am On Jul 24, 2015
sinestro24:

she is right actually, if a guy fall into that trap the 1st time, he will forever continue, it becomes a norm in the relationship.

my gf tried it, i do understand she is a student and all, she kind of felt entitled, cuz she is hot i will do everything she says to keep her, well, she was shocked at how opposite and stubborn i turned out to be,
me= NO, NOI, NON, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . whats wrong with your S5 that you want an iphone now.).

i do give her like an allowance kind of each month cuz she is a student, but nothing excessive.

[size=13pt]
Hope you ain't over doing that monthly shi,cos if you come online ranting on how women magarize and broke your heart.

I will be the first to take my own pound of flesh from yougrintongue

Personally: I'd rather give her when I feel lyk or wen I feel she needs financial assistance.

Than placing her on a monthly allowance,which will make her feel a sense of entitlement and when you slack on the salary ish.
She will start feeling lyk you don't love her,you ain't capable or she isn't important.
When a more competent financial hand,comes around(you know the rest)

In others words,you just spoilt your woman with money,which you made the base of your. relationship.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by ShortBass(f): 10:18am On Jul 24, 2015
naijaboiy:

Ey o! I'm waiting with you!
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2015
ShortBass:

I also expect it, lol, but can't ask. A relative of mine is on her second car and she's never seen the bill of either car. Tjo! Lol, for me it's worse coz my man loves keeping a lot of cash around, I could easilly take and he wouldn't notice. I just can't!!

LMFAO. We should take tips from these girls then.
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Adaeze003(f): 10:20am On Jul 24, 2015
sinestro24:

well am i lying.

You are not lying, just ignorant but that's cool since you know me not.

Secondly, I live on my own terms and really don't care if "someone else will" wink.
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Oahray: 10:21am On Jul 24, 2015
Hehehe... Suddenly, every girl on this thread has now become either too independent or too scared to ask guys for money. The goodness of online anonymity smiley

4 Likes

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 24, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Hope you ain't over doing that monthly shi,cos if you come online ranting on how women magarize and broke your heart.

I will be the first to take my own pound of flesh from yougrintongue

Personally: I'd rather give her when I feel lyk or wen I feel she needs financial assistance.

Than placing her on a monthly allowance,which will make her feel a sense of entitlement and when you slack on the salary ish.
She will start feeling lyk you don't love her or she isn't important.
When a more competent financial hand,comes around(you know the rest)

In others words,you just spoilt your woman with money,which you made the base of your. relationship.
[/size]

lol, well there is a lot of background story that made me do that, which i cant go into details here.

dont worry though, when i am heart broken i will block you when i want to rant grin grin grin
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 24, 2015
Adaeze003:

You are not lying, just ignorant but that's cool since you know me not.

Secondly, I live on my own terms and really don't care if "someone else will" wink.

typical naija girl.

hypocrite to the core.

enuff said.

(abeg i aint bashing all naija girls o, just this one.)

dont need a sexist war right now
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 24, 2015
ShortBass:

My aunt always says that grin

thank you.

@least you know where i am coming from
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Adaeze003(f): 10:35am On Jul 24, 2015
sinestro24:

typical naija girl.

hypocrite to the core.

enuff said.

(abeg i aint bashing all naija girls o, just this one.)

dont need a sexist war right now

My life is not up for discussion here but you should step out of the ghetto more... meet classy people... that ghetto lifestyle has eaten deep into your mentality cheesy

Typical naija guy... shallow (I'm not bashing all naija guys oh... just this one wink)
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by cyprus000: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2015
sinestro24:

lol, well there is a lot of background story that made me do that, which i cant go into details here.

dont worry though, when i am heart broken i will block you when i want to rant grin grin grin
[size=13pt]
Lol..gringrincheesy

Well,I will trust your judgement,since you have the indepth scenerio on that.

About the heart break ishgrin..with the prophetic powers bestowed on me by jah(almighty God)

I declear that love bulldozzerr will not locate your heart to demolish.grin

I can't make out the last vision on wether you will become a potential maga in future. You have to emberk on 3dayz dry fasting,so I can clearly see into the futurecheesytongue
[/size]
Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2015
sinestro24:

LOL! The thing is, even working women expect something. I'll be honest with you & say, if I don't get money from a guy I feel like he's good for nothing lol. Like he's just a waste of time. Maybe it all comes down to biology, tradition or whatever. Men = provider. That need we feel about receiving, is the same one you feel about giving. I'll tell you why. In reality, your girlfriend's finances shouldn't be your problem. That's what parents are for. But as a man you felt that you should be giving her something, which I believe is the provider side of you coming out. Most guys don't need to be asked. They know the drill. I think it's how we're wired from birth. Just my opinion anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Adaeze003:

My life is not up for discussion here but you should step out of the ghetto more... meet classy people... that ghetto lifestyle has eaten deep into your mentality cheesy

Typical naija guy... shallow (I'm not bashing all naija guys oh... just this one wink)

haha nice one, i will give you that.

stop being stubborn and admit i am right.

even when i was abroad, dating girls with a diff mindset, cooking for your man and fucking him is the norm.

i admit though, they aint hung up on money like naija girls are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Meet Your Current Girlfriend As A Virgin? / I Just Broke Up With Her Here's Why / What Is Wrong With This Girl. What Does She Want Me To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.