Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas (4719 Views)

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2015
sad Am a curious young man from rivers state. Everyday I go through articles and forums like this, I clearly realize there is this hate among the igbos and yorubas. I can't tell particularly what the reason for this is. Even out of the e-world, I saw clearly that the normal lives lived by most people from this two tribes depicts this hate. And I honestly do not understand why. I tried asking my father and the best answer he gave to me was..."As a result of the multiple events of the past, Its a hate passed down from the past to the present, and maybe the future." Really I don't know just why this is happening. I have this conviction that says "not all your enemies will be my enemies, but your friends will always be my friend" and this applies to every human in this world, including my biological family. I careless who that person is, be it even my parents or so the called ancestors believed to continuously plunge their hate of the past into their innocent children of the present and maybe the future. all I want is love... I want to feel, know and teach it. That's why I say keep your hate away. I'll encounter enough of my own, which I'll completely erase. Before my eyes, there is zero people from a particular community, tribe, nation, continent, and race. All I see is humans scattered all over the planet.

Without going any further, as a curious young man, wanting to be informed. Please am asking anyone from this two tribes, to give me a meaningful reason

* why they decided to take this hate from the past.?

*Why they are nurturing it in the present.?

*And why they are trying to transfer this nurtured hate to our children of the future. So as to make them suffer this same burden.?

for the present to still cling on this hate, there has to be a meaningful reason to why they still have this hate. That's why I need an answer to my questions above.

Thank you... Brothers and sisters. For you answer. . sad please I want to know.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by INTROVERT(f): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2015
It's the poor and some uneducated middleclass people that do that on both sides.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by kbams241: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2015
t
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 24, 2015
It is the hopeless and illiterate fools that do that on both sides.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by ibkgab001: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2015
Men from the east all sees themselves right and accurate
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2015
Believe me, even my very good friends from these two tribes. Are very educated, loving and caring. But I don't understand why it just snaps, when it comes to themselves. There is got to be a reason why. This reason must be so meaningful and strong to make people of this admirable nature to other people, to change and act with this much hate when they see themselves... So I don't think its and issue of literacy or education. I also refuse to think its religion.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 9:30am On Jul 24, 2015
ibkgab001:
Men from the east all sees themselves right and accurate
bro your not telling me the reason, cause I have heard this same reason from the both side. And when I do hear this, I always ask one question, which is: "is that not what every human is craving to become? Since we all know that as perfection...."
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by ibkgab001: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2015
the spirit of what baba Awolowo said during the 1973 civil war is still causing them strong hate towards Yoruba ... Igbo Men believed that Baba Awo single handedly wiped them off the land so that the political class would not be equal .. Making them a minority tribe .. Since then Ibo hatred for Yoruba is not what we can continue to discuss here unless you will be attacked by the children of the hate and the eastern KEYBOARDS Warrior ... Te only solution this hatered is prayer and forgiven one another and let's forget about the past
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by Jorussia(m): 10:06am On Jul 24, 2015
ibkgab001:
the spirit of what baba Awolowo said during the 1973 civil war is still causing them strong hate towards Yoruba ... Igbo Men believed that Baba Awo single handedly wiped them off the land so that the political class would not be equal .. Making them a minority tribe .. Since then Ibo hatred for Yoruba is not what we can continue to discuss here unless you will be attacked by the children of the hate and the eastern KEYBOARDS Warrior ... Te only solution this hatered is prayer and forgiven one another and let's forget about the past
but d igbos produced VP(ekwueme in 1979)?just to frustrate awolowo
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2015
davroca16:
Believe me, even my very good friends from these two tribes. Are very educated, loving and caring. But I don't understand why it just snaps, when it comes to themselves. There is got to be a reason why. This reason must be so meaningful and strong to make people of this admirable nature to other people, to change and act with this much hate when they see themselves... So I don't think its and issue of literacy or education. I also refuse to think its religion.

Honestly if you look at it critically it is the Igbos' insecurity that seem to be the main reason.

The Igbos seem not to like virtually anybody, not even themselves. FACT

They call the Yorubas betrayer. Probably because it was mainly the Yorubas that lead the civil war and defeated them both on(Alabi Isama, Benjamin Adekunle aka scorpion among others) and off the battle field(Obafemi Awolowo advised the FG to change Nigeria's currency and stop sending foods to the east). Even the Ore battle(the bloodiest battle of the whole war) was lead by a Yoruba guy from the Biafran side. He was later killed by Ojukwu himself. Claiming he betrayed him.

They call the Hausas Slaves because they seem contented doing menial jobs and also for their born to rule mentality.

At a point immediately after the civil war they quarrelled with the SS people for taking over the properties they left behind while on the run. They only made friends with the SS because they thought they can go together with the SS.

The FACT is that the Igbo people don't trust anyone. They are not just wired to function in an organised environment or with a constituted authority and when they don't succeed in such environment, they look for who to blame thinking it because they are IGBO.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by ibkgab001: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2015
Alex ekweme emergence was based of fraud and most easterners never want him
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 10:58am On Jul 24, 2015
The war... The war.... The war.....! I see clearly that the reason for... this hatred cannot be explained without mentioning the war. Before the leaders of the yorubas and igbos engaged their children into the war, for the sake of values that is worth nothing compared to the lives in their children, they knew clearly that it was going to involve things very special. Especially the lives and properties of their children. They even knew it was going to breed more hatred in the future, and cause even more loss, in the lives of their children in the future, yet they cared less. **in a way, you can say they were trying to protect more, for what they called their children**. But what's the essence of the purpose, when the more and your approach to protect, is extinguishing what you are protecting it for. Well how ever Before my eyes, its clear, the past is trying to use the present, to ruin the future...
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 6:04am On Jul 25, 2015
SonOfEl:

o boy shut up. who then owns it, 'South south'? ediot! my father wore it in the 60s and 70s as a young dude in an ishiagu fashion... see property stealer now turned fashion stealer...

Can you see what I mean in the bold letters in the comment above and my comment below. FYI the comment above is from another thread entirely.

Honestly if you look at it critically it is the Igbos' insecurity that seem to be the main reason.

They call the Yorubas betrayer. Probably because it was mainly the Yorubas that lead the civil war and defeated them both on(Alabi Isama, Benjamin Adekunle aka scorpion among others) and off the battle field(Obafemi Awolowo advised the FG to change Nigeria's currency and stop sending foods to the east). Even the Ore battle(the bloodiest battle of the whole war) was lead by a Yoruba guy from the Biafran side. He was later killed by Ojukwu himself. Claiming he betrayed him.

They call the Hausas Slaves because they seem contented doing menial jobs and also for their born to rule mentality.

At a point immediately after the civil war they quarrelled with the SS people for taking over the properties they left behind while on the run. They only made friends with the SS because they thought they can go together with the SS.

The FACT is that the Igbo people don't trust anyone. They are not just wired to function in an organised environment or with a constituted authority and when they don't succeed in such environment, they look for who to blame thinking it because they are IGBO.

davroca16:
bro your not telling me the reason, cause I have heard this same reason from the both side. And when I do hear this, I always ask one question, which is: "is that not what every human is craving to become? Since we all know that as perfection...."
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 6:38am On Jul 25, 2015
davroca16:
The war... The war.... The war.....! I see clearly that the reason for... this hatred cannot be explained without mentioning the war. Before the leaders of the yorubas and igbos engaged their children into the war, for the sake of values that is worth nothing compared to the lives in their children, they knew clearly that it was going to involve things very special. Especially the lives and properties of their children. They even knew it was going to breed more hatred in the future, and cause even more loss, in the lives of their children in the future, yet they cared less. **in a way, you can say they were trying to protect more, for what they called their children**. But what's the essence of the purpose, when the more and your approach to protect, is extinguishing what you are protecting it for. Well how ever Before my eyes, its clear, the past is trying to use the present, to ruin the future...

@bold get it right Yorubas never went to war against the Igbos. The Yorubas were leading the Nigerian Army against the Biafran army because it is only Natural for a yoruba man to lead the war when the biafrans were trying to take over parts of Western Nigeria (Yoruba Lands) eg Delta, Edo and Ondo(Ore) States.

Yorubas never went to war against the Igbos. They the Igbos took the war to the Yorubas and they got their a$$e$ whooped.

1 Like

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by SonOfEl(m): 6:42am On Jul 25, 2015
jomoh:

Can you see what I mean in the bold letters in the comment above and my comment below. FYI the comment above is from another thread entirely.

listen, a badblooded ikwerre does not represent ikwerre, let alone the entire south-south, so stop distorting my points. Mr copy and paste, you go dey cheat wella for school o...
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by SonOfEl(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2015
jomoh:

@bold get it right Yorubas never went to war against the Igbos. The Yorubas were leading the Nigerian Army against the Biafran army because it is only Natural for a yoruba man to lead the war when the biafrans were trying to take over parts of Western Nigeria (Yoruba Lands) eg Delta, Edo and Ondo(Ore) States.

Yorubas never went to war against the Igbos. They the Igbos took the war to the Yorubas and they got their a$$e$ whooped.

trash post....keep masturbating in your false sense of analysis.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 6:45am On Jul 25, 2015
SonOfEl:

listen, a badblooded ikwerre does not represent ikwerre, let alone the entire south-south, so stop distorting my points. Mr copy and paste, you go dey cheat wella for school o...

You don't understand the genesis yet you jumped into the matter just because you were copied.

Did u even check the topic you were copied in?
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 6:49am On Jul 25, 2015
SonOfEl:

trash post....keep masturbating in your false sense of analysis.
Mr facts cannot be distorted and your comment I quoted just proved it.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by Penssuwa(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2015
The fact is that there was a move to exterminate the Igbos before and during the war. Apart from this and the stories of betrayal, the real annoyance is consequent on the post war treatments.
After the war, the group was/is being practically marginalized in all aspect.
Talk about the freezing of accounts held by the Igbos and the introduction privatization policy afterwards to ensure that Igbos are crippled economically.
Talk about the placement of bar (until Obasanjo's regime) on Igbo service men, especially in the military from reaching a particular rank. etc
Talk about the current political firmament. Talk of the Igbo stereotype and all the shiit.
Notwithstanding the odds, the group is still waxing stronger. Igbos don't hate, rather, some people hate them because they failed to remain in the ground where they were buried, instead they sprouted. Now they are like that iroko tree.
Igbos are everywhere, we show love. You can't pin your arse on ur seat at home, counting people you hate & those that hate u. Who cares d'fucck about cultural barriers.
All the ill comments you see here are reactionary, or from the dimwitted.
I'm getting married to a Benue lady (Idoma tribe) soon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by cheruv: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
jomoh:

They call the Yorubas betrayer. Probably because it was mainly the Yorubas that lead the civil war and defeated them both on(Alabi Isama, Benjamin Adekunle aka scorpion among others) and off the battle field(Obafemi Awolowo advised the FG to change Nigeria's currency and stop sending foods to the east). [s]Even the Ore battle(the bloodiest battle of the whole war) was lead by a Yoruba guy from the Biafran side. He was later killed by Ojukwu himself. Claiming he betrayed him[/s].

Kwusi itu asi biko! angry
The bloodiest battle of that war was the battle of Abagana,which sealed muritala Muhammad's fate in the war! After the battle, Gowon had no choice but to retire MM from the war.
Another one were the battles of Onitsha..infact Abagana was a direct sequelae of the Onitsha battles.
The worst mistake Ojukwu did was to put Viktor Pancho in charge of the invading force..Pancho paid back that trust by betraying the invading army to the Nigerians who then stopped them at Ore.that was why Ojukwu executed Pancho and his collaborators.If it was the Anioma officer, Nwawo as originally planned, Lagos would've been captured and Gowon forced to flee to Kaduna/Zaria as he was then advised.
Igbos know better than trust yolobas..that's why we agitate for secession kos good fences make good neighbors

3 Likes

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
cheruv:

Kwusi itu asi biko! angry
The bloodiest battle of that war was the battle of Abagana,which sealed muritala Muhammad's fate in the war! After the battle, Gowon had no choice but to retire MM from the war.
Another one were the battles of Onitsha..infact Abagana was a direct sequelae of the Onitsha battles.
The worst mistake Ojukwu did was to put Viktor Pancho in charge of the invading force..Pancho paid back that trust by betraying the invading army to the Nigerians who then stopped them at Ore.that was why Ojukwu executed Pancho and his collaborators.If it was the Anioma officer, Nwawo as originally planned, Lagos would've been captured and Gowon forced to flee to Kaduna/Zaria as he was then advised.
Igbos know better than trust yolobas..that's why we agitate for secession kos good fences make good neighbors

The fact that you called Victor Banjo, Viktor Pancho shows the credibility of your source. Go and re read your history well.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by cheruv: 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
jomoh:

The fact that you called Victor Banjo, Viktor Pancho shows the credibility of your source. Go and re read your history well.
Go and tell that to a Frenchman that calls Peter Pierre or the Spaniard that calls it Pedro.
Our lingo has no "c" letter so forgive me for the name changes in translation. The only thing I'd not forgive here is you telling lies and twisting out facts to suit your idiosyncrasies! angry
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
cheruv:

Go and tell that to a Frenchman that calls Peter Pierre or the Spaniard that calls it Pedro.
Our lingo has no "c" letter so forgive me for the name changes in translation. The only thing I'd not forgive here is you telling lies and twisting out facts to suit your idiosyncrasies! angry

Mr man go and re-read your history. Your Lingo does not have "c" does your lingo also replace "j" with "ch" and "b" with "p".

And no one is talking about speech here we are talking about spelling.

Do you read what you wrote. 138miles from Lagos was where Victor banjo's army met with MM. Tell me is Onitsha 138miles from lagos? I doubt you even know where Ore is.

Why has Abagana or whatever you call it never been mentioned in any history of the war but Ore was mentioned. If it was the bloodiest like you claim do you think historians would've ignored it.

Mr man Oleku Ija Ore was even used to write a book to show how strategic the battle was.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by cheruv: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
jomoh:

Mr man go and re-read your history. Your Lingo does not have "c" does your lingo also replace "j" with "ch" and "b" with "p".

And no one is talking about speech here we are talking about spelling.

Do you read what you wrote. 138miles from Lagos was where Victor banjo's army met with MM. Tell me is Onitsha 138miles from lagos? I doubt you even know where Ore is.

Why has Abagana or whatever you call it never been mentioned in any history of the war but Ore was mentioned. If it was the bloodiest like you claim do you think historians would've ignored it.

Mr man Oleku Ija Ore was even used to write a book to show how strategic the battle was.
You're yoloba..am Igbo so you should respect my position just as I've respected yours.
You don't speak Igbo..so you'd not understand the intricacies of the language. You don't ve "ch" in your vocabulary..so I understand if you call cheruv,..sheruf cheesy
We're talking about bloody battles not strategic ones pls..and every historian knows that the mistake that Ojukwu made in the saboteur Pancho led to the failure of the assault on Lagos.
Go and read real history books..not Yoloba propaganda! angry

3 Likes

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 2:34am On Jul 26, 2015
cheruv:

You're yoloba..am Igbo so you should respect my position just as I've respected yours.
You don't speak Igbo..so you'd not understand the intricacies of the language. You don't ve "ch" in your vocabulary..so I understand if you call cheruv,..sheruf cheesy
We're talking about bloody battles not strategic ones pls..and every historian knows that the mistake that Ojukwu made in the saboteur Pancho led to the failure of the assault on Lagos.
Go and read real history books..not Yoloba propaganda! angry

So you can talk about respecting someones position but you conveniently forgot that it was you who started it. Your level of hypocrisy is grand.

The fact I don't speak Igbo does not mean I don't know that "b" is not pronounced replaced with "p" so also "j" is not replaced with "ch". If "ch" is not in Yoruba language does not mean a Yoruba man should go around writing "church" as "surs" or "child" as "sild" same way you won't see an hausa man going around writing "police" as "folice". Only an unintelligent person will write the way he speaks if you get my drift. You're wrong accept you're wrong and your lie has been busted so you accept instead of trying to dancing your way out of it.

Why don't you try and understand the word "strategic" first, maybe that will help you get my point but in the mean time let me help you out. Not being strategic that I claim simply means it was not relevant in the grand scheme of things. I believe if you understand the meaning of the word, then you would know that a battle can never be bloody without being strategic. Your Abagana was so irrelevant that it was ignored by historians. In fact no historian mistakenly mentioned it but it was obviously so important to you because you wanted to blame someone that you had to slid it into "your" history book.

BTW, because I stated a FACT that you got your asses whooped you now concluded I must be a Yoruba. SMH. Just what I was trying to point out. You people just hate everyone even yourselfs included.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by cheruv: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2015
jomoh:

So you can talk about respecting someones position but you conveniently forgot that it was you who started it. Your level of hypocrisy is grand.

The fact I don't speak Igbo does not mean I don't know that "b" is not pronounced replaced with "p" so also "j" is not replaced with "ch". If "ch" is not in Yoruba language does not mean a Yoruba man should go around writing "church" as "surs" or "child" as "sild" same way you won't see an hausa man going around writing "police" as "folice". Only an unintelligent person will write the way he speaks if you get my drift. You're wrong accept you're wrong and your lie has been busted so you accept instead of trying to dancing your way out of it.

Why don't you try and understand the word "strategic" first, maybe that will help you get my point but in the mean time let me help you out. Not being strategic that I claim simply means it was not relevant in the grand scheme of things. I believe if you understand the meaning of the word, then you would know that a battle can never be bloody without being strategic. Your Abagana was so irrelevant that it was ignored by historians. In fact no historian mistakenly mentioned it but it was obviously so important to you because you wanted to blame someone that you had to slid it into "your" history book.

BTW, because I stated a FACT that you got your asses whooped you now concluded I must be a Yoruba. SMH. Just what I was trying to point out. You people just hate everyone even yourselfs included.
...a battle can't be strategic without being bloody.. cheesygrincheesy Gwam asi ahu ozo grin
Anyway Google Battle of the Salsu river (612AD)
As for the other lies there,I don't ve the time now to debunk them.
Yes..only yolobas tell the kind of silly lies you're vomiting here.that was how some of you were saying that you saved the Niger deltans from the Igbos.. grin
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2015
cheruv:

...a battle can't be strategic without being bloody.. cheesygrincheesy Gwam asi ahu ozo grin
Anyway Google Battle of the Salsu river (612AD)
As for the other lies there,I don't ve the time now to debunk them.
Yes..only yolobas tell the kind of silly lies you're vomiting here.that was how some of you were saying that you saved the Niger deltans from the Igbos.. grin

The main reason for this thread is right here bold. Your people just see everyone as enemies I bet if I mention a tribe for you now, you will have something against it. You're tribe is so full of hatred for every other tribe. Until that is corrected your people will keep having problem with everyone. Maybe its time for you to start shelving the hatred.

cheruv:

Ele Jomoh
You're needed here ASAP!

oh I now get your point. Abagana was one of the few battles your biafran army won that is why it was inserted into your folk tale. That is the only logic behind the fact that real historians never mentioned it but Ore battle was known by almost everyone yourself included.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by SonOfEl(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
jomoh:

You don't understand the genesis yet you jumped into the matter just because you were copied.

Did u even check the topic you were copied in?

God hates 7 things and the worst of them all is what you are attempting- jamming two heads together....

you are satanic.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by SonOfEl(m): 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
jomoh:

Mr facts cannot be distorted and your comment I quoted just proved it.
Mr Satan, father of lies.... SOPHISTICATED liar!
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
SonOfEl:

God hates 7 things and the worst of them all is what you are attempting- jamming two heads together....

you are satanic.

SonOfEl:

Mr Satan, father of lies.... SOPHISTICATED liar!

I can see you're a goat and I won't dignify a goat with response again.

Shalom
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by SonOfEl(m): 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
jomoh:

I can see you're a goat and I won't dignify a goat with response again.
Shalom
light shineth, and darkness comprehendeth it not.... resist the devil, and he flees.... good riddance....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judging From These Photos,which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Inwe Ike Ide N'igbo N'edeghi N'oyibo, Ngwa Nu Bia Nwale....... / Please Do Hausa Tribe Practice Their Culture Or Only Islamic Laws Rule Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.