Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? (17653 Views)

My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action / Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / Check Out My Son @1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by funlord(m): 11:51am On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:
Please, how can I help my 4 year old son overcome fear?

He seems to be very free outside, but keep to himself at home.

Before his holiday, I went to his school to confront them, because
he couldn't answer a question from his book, but my son fall my hand
right there. He was reading all what he refused to read at home.

Please I need help. He seems to lack self confidence.

I tried to reduce my shouting at him in order to draw him close to myself,
but there is still no improvement yet.

Thanks
grin
thelish:

Thanks

Hmmm! He is still 2 young 2 be introduced 2 "wu shu techniques", so 4 now get him enrolled in a karate class! It would help with bonding with other kids, exercise and developing his confidence! As 4 YOU! U also need 2 stop screaming @ him like a lunatic! Use cartoons and ice cream promises 2 get him 2 do your bidding! HE is still a CHILD ffs!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2015
Learn from a puppy breeder..
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2015
Your child is introvert my sister, he is probably a phlegmatic. Your should read stuffs on phlegmatic and how to help him develop his self esteem. I remembered growing up too. Mum used to get angry with silly things like this!!
Is he slow to anger?? How well does he relate with his siblings and people around?? Does he prefer staying alone?? grin is he outspoken? These are signs to look out for, stop beating him pls. Get closer to him and be his bestie
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by boyesola: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2015
he will soon overgrow this, dont bother yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Boxer007(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

Thanks

Darling being Gay is the only way out. I am Gay, Proud and Happier
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by marketoro(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2015
Take him out, buy things for him...then call him always and ask him if he has any problem..be concern about his welfare
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by kay1one2(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2015
writetopoker:
US Unveils 16 Richest Politicians From Nigeria & Names Of US Banks They Operate by information1: 7:01am
https://informationengine./2015/07/24/us-unveils-16-richest-politicians-from-nigeria-and-names-of-us-banks-they-operates/
Here are the list of the Richest Politicians in nigeria that operates US banks.
NAME*******BANK ***************AMOUNT
1. Okorocha JP Morgan chase/ New York. $1.4 billion
2. Kwankwaso. American express/New York $1.15 billion
3. Shettima. Wells Fargo/ San Francisco. $1.1 billion
4. Nyako. Citi group/ New York city. $805 million
5. Ibrahim. Citi group/ New York city. $798 million
7. Amaechi. US Bancorp/ Minnesota. $757 million
8. Abdulaziz. Ally financial/ Detroit. $626 million
9. Oshiomole BB&T/ North Carolina. $625 million
10. Aregbesola. Citi group/ new York. $513 million
11. Al-makura. State street corporation & $510 million
12. Wamakko. Wells Fargo/ San Francisco. $476 million
13. Fashola. Citi group/ New York $448 million
14. Amosun Bank of America. $442 million
15. Ahmed. US Bancorp. $437 million
16. Ajimobi. Ally financial. $422 million
Obasanjo, Tinubu, Atiku, Sylvia, IBB, Jega, Maina, Oransanye, Lamido, Talba, Alamesiya, Adamu Muazu are in the next batch coming up shortly

Mumu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Sanuzi(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2015
yes oooooooooooooooo

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by HDee(m): 11:58am On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

He can bear pains as well. There was a day, the dad mistakenly jam the door against his hand, every other would scream or shout to alert his dad, but my son kept quiet there bearing the pain while his hand was still strapped to d door. It was so annoying that I had to spank him for keeping quiet.
this one is serious
Take him to your pastor or imam
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by sannirules(m): 11:59am On Jul 24, 2015
Try not to shut him up whenever he tries talk to you. Always try to ask for his opinion on things that you're sure he likes. And encourage his friends to come and play with him at homen

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by fransixe(m): 11:59am On Jul 24, 2015
change your attitude towards him....show more love and reward him each time he exhibits the slightest iota of self confidence or courage!

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by femi4: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

Thanks
It should be the other way round on a normal condition. Perhaps you shout him down each time he tried to express himself at home.
Anyway, going forward.....make the house conducive for him. Let him see you as a friend and not just a mother. Your son lacks freedom of expression at home, involve him in all manners of discussion or gist and listen to his view/perspective. In fact involve him in some decision making like "what can we eat this evening?" It ll help his self confidence and makes him feel important/among.

You shouldnt restrict communication alone to academics

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
libertyfather:

That's one hell of a problem we are having in most schools teachers are in the best position to put the parents through with the kids learning situation, but when u get to them and complain they will show u the what he or she has been doing in class to cover up their ass not knowing the best performance of a child should be both in school and home, all schools suppose to have daily performance book for parent to check mate their children when they get home.....anyway my own problem is my 3years old girl always don't want to go to sch not that she do cry on her way to sch but says that when she get up from bed, I don't know if that's an issue anyway
NA ONE THING WITH NIGERIA SCHOOL.

THEM GO PUT GOAT, PIG, MONKEY, ALL FOR ONE CLASS EXPECT THEM TO REASON THE SAME WAY NOT KNOWING THAT GOAT LEARN BETTER WHEN HE HIS EATING GRASS WHILE PIG LEARN FASTER WHEN HE HIS WALLOWING IN THE MUD AND FOR THE MONKEY, HE UNDERSTAND THE WAY OF LIFE WHILE JUMPING TREE..

THAT'S WHY I LIKE HOW THE WHITE TEACHES,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by HDee(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
sonofananimal1:
THE BEAT HELL OUT OF HIM angry

AND IF THE FEAR STILL PERCEIVE, DEPLOY MORE BEATING BUT THIS TIME USE BRUTE METHOD, BY HITTING HIS HEAD IN THE WALL, USING HIS MOUTH TO BRUSH THE GROUND
are you okay Just sayinggrin (no offeinse)

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
its so simply he aint free at home u think u are free wit him bt he aint hav actually experience sumtin like dat jus free him play wit him bt dont spare d rod o................pray also God has d ansa i will sugest a 3 day fasting nd prayer nd also consult ur pastor it cud b dark forces in ur household dont write dat off
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by godG: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Seems the kid ain't free! Start with love. Learn not to always raise your voice. Consult the rod only if the offense is big. God's best.

BTW, isn't it normal for every kids to be afraid at some point in their lives? In my own days of Kola Olawuyi's Irikerido, it was terrible! With time and prayers, he shall overcome.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
I was like that when I was a kid..just show love, don't be too hard or abusive, be disciplined of course...when he's ready he'll open up
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by SAMBARRY: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
If you're in the habit of perpetually disgracing your son indoors or slapping him at the slightest provocation don't expect him to behave like a sharp kid at home

some mothers are in the habit of calling their children names like olodo
stoopeed child
is it not your mate that came first in class
useless boy

Because he failed a question you asked him or his result was poor

bottom line is you have done something to make him loose his confidence and self esteem around you that's why you will see some children looking so bright and smart in school and around their teachers because their teacher has made him feel loved and respected and even encouraged him to try harder when he fails but the moment he gets home he becomes dense because you cannot see the best in anybody in an environment of fear . make him feel comfortable at home and never mock him even if he fails. Don't compare him to any child in private or public

All this African way of training children is why you'll see kids being abused but will be too scared to talk at home. You no dey see Oyinbo children ni

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by femi4: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Boxer007:

Darling being Gay is the only way out. I am Gay, Proud and Happier
Even a mad man does not believe that he is mad
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
HDee:
are you okay Just sayinggrin (no offeinse)
GUY!! I DEY OK..

NA WETI THEM DO US WHEN WE SMALL
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by writetopoker: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
kay1one2:
my father na

Mumu.

grin ar u ok?
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Boxer007(m): 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
femi4:
Even a mad man does not believe that he is mad

Boo Boo ,5 minutes with your annus and I can easily make you turn Gay. Boo Boo are your free this evening and how far are you from Banana Island? Gay men make the best lover
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
I wil not lie to u but that child of urz is scared of u, most Nigerian parents don't just get their children. U wil think bcoz u re his mother u know better but u don't. He is still a small kid nd he wil want u to understand him, according to d sch aspect I feel he gets along well with his teacher nd classmates more, he may even open up more with people he feel understand him, u may feel he is small but he knows things.

Re u a busy parent? Do u interact with him often? Do u scold him frequently? Do u play nd study with him regularly? Do u watch cartoons with him or even take him out to av fun? I wil not say u re @ fault but maybe u shld change ur methods with him.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by sserah33(f): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Your son need a mum that will come to his level be free with always play with him $ tell he stories that human being Positively. Your Son will reajust

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by femi4: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
writetopoker:
US Unveils 16 Richest Politicians From Nigeria & Names Of US Banks They Operate by information1: 7:01am
https://informationengine./2015/07/24/us-unveils-16-richest-politicians-from-nigeria-and-names-of-us-banks-they-operates/
Here are the list of the Richest Politicians in nigeria that operates US banks.
NAME*******BANK ***************AMOUNT
1. Okorocha JP Morgan chase/ New York. $1.4 billion
2. Kwankwaso. American express/New York $1.15 billion
3. Shettima. Wells Fargo/ San Francisco. $1.1 billion
4. Nyako. Citi group/ New York city. $805 million
5. Ibrahim. Citi group/ New York city. $798 million
7. Amaechi. US Bancorp/ Minnesota. $757 million
8. Abdulaziz. Ally financial/ Detroit. $626 million
9. Oshiomole BB&T/ North Carolina. $625 million
10. Aregbesola. Citi group/ new York. $513 million
11. Al-makura. State street corporation & $510 million
12. Wamakko. Wells Fargo/ San Francisco. $476 million
13. Fashola. Citi group/ New York $448 million
14. Amosun Bank of America. $442 million
15. Ahmed. US Bancorp. $437 million
16. Ajimobi. Ally financial. $422 million
Obasanjo, Tinubu, Atiku, Sylvia, IBB, Jega, Maina, Oransanye, Lamido, Talba, Alamesiya, Adamu Muazu are in the next batch coming up shortly
You need deliverance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by thelish(f): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
HDee:
Whah abt his father??
Are you divorced?
Buh truss meh, he's a great kiddo, you might wanna check yourself.
am not divorced, he is behaving almost like the dad. I just need advice on how to change him.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
thelish:

He can bear pains as well. There was a day, the dad mistakenly jam the door against his hand, every other would scream or shout to alert his dad, but my son kept quiet there bearing the pain while his hand was still strapped to d door. It was so annoying that I had to spank him for keeping quiet .

THE FAULT IS REALLY YOU...

YOU DON'T BEAT A CHILD WHEN HE IS IN PAIN OF SOMETHING,

BY YOUR WRITEUP, I DO THINK YOU ARE NOT SHOWING YOUR CHILD LOVE BUT RATHER HATE THINKING IT IS DISCIPLINE....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Read 2Timothy chapter 1 verse 7 to him everyday.
Re: How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Madam try talking and playing with your son. That he is a 4yr old doesn't mean you cant talk to him. Ask hi stuffs, know more about his school life, Gain his trust, be his friend, encourage him, motivate him, be there for him overall.
thelish:
he can keep quiet for a 2yrs old boy to bite his forehead. anybody, be it junior, agemate, senior can oppress him n take his thing, he will not talk but will be pained inside of him. The whole thing looks like hereditary to me. But how can I help him speak up when he needs to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. / Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.