Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! (822 Views)

Buhari Names Gbemisola Saraki As Otuoke University Council Chairman / DSS Agents Kill Policeman In Cold Blood / Saraki/presidency Cold War: Senators Avoid C’ttee Chairmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 13, 2009
I have been hearing rumours from home(Kwara) on the plan to make Senator Gbemisola Saraki replace his brother as the nxt Governor of Kwara state, but I have been dismissing it as untrue. But after reading it on the pages of newspaper, I'm beginning to believe it is real.

But Bukola has really impressed me with his non-disposition to her sister's plan, especially at this early stage:
"The Governor immediately called a meeting of the stakeholders warning us against any campaign for the 2011 governorship as he still has a lot of work to do before the expiration of his tenure", one of the Special Advisers to governor Bukola Saraki who pleaded anonymity disclosed.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/policy_politics/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=130309&ptitle=Sarakis%20at%20crossroad%20over%202011%20seat

Much as I did not have any problem with Saraki installing his son, Bukky, as Governor(simply because he had installed sons of other people and his son is as qualified), but replacing him with Gbemi is going to be disastrous.
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by oderemo(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2009
semu ni.
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2009
a friend of mine said it -
bukola will rule for 2 terms, then naija will see its first femal guvnor in the person of gbemi saraki
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by oderemo(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2009
like keeping it in tha family.
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by DisGuy: 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
Jarus:

I have been hearing rumours from home(Kwara) on the plan to make Senator Gbemisola Saraki replace his brother as the nxt Governor of Kwara state, but I have been dismissing it as untrue. But after reading it on the pages of newspaper, I'm beginning to believe it is real.

But Bukola has really impressed me with his non-disposition to her sister's plan, especially at this early stage:
"The Governor immediately called a meeting of the stakeholders warning us against any campaign for the 2011 governorship as he still has a lot of work to do before the expiration of his tenure", one of the Special Advisers to governor Bukola Saraki who pleaded anonymity disclosed.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/policy_politics/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=130309&ptitle=Sarakis%20at%20crossroad%20over%202011%20seat

Much as I did not have any problem with Saraki installing his son, Bukky, as Governor(simply because he had installed sons of other people and his son is as qualified), but replacing him with Gbemi is going to be disastrous.

how can you read what you read in the paper, the article sounded like a typical gossip column, so made up

Gbemi has only done one term in the senate and she's not really showing much face in the state anyway
I reckon she will settle for deputy governor or wait after her second term as a senator
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by bawomolo(m): 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
Family matters.
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2009
Who wants to be the next politician? Naija style grin
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by DisGuy: 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2009
don't forget people, she has the right to vote and be voted for wink
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 14, 2009
Dis Guy:

how can you read what you read in the paper, the article sounded like a typical gossip column, so made up

Gbemi has only done one term in the senate and she's not really showing much face in the state anyway
I reckon she will settle for deputy governor or wait after her second term as a senator
No, she's doing her second term. She was in House of rep(1999-2003), first term senate(2003-2007) and currently doing her second term(2007-2011).
Re: Kwara 2011: Gbemisola, Bukola In Cold War! by Kwaraawake: 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
A proud look, one who thinks no one whose father is not a Saraki should not become Governor of Kwara State. Who walks the State as if her God consulted her father before creating all Kwarans. She will treat Kwara like a monarch!

∙ A lying tongue. You can’t get an end to the lies this woman has told o. She even denied. One example? Hear her speaking about her daughter’s bottle licking ac, without realising that pictures would prove otherwise: “we actually left about 30 minutes after this picture was taken, and did not drink anything more than water and juice at that gathering“

∙ A heart that devises wicked plots: As how many of Hajia’s husbands have had their husbands visit their friend’s bed. How our “born-again” Hajia used to do it we don’t understand o, but she has snatched many a friend’s man.

∙ Feet that are swift to run into mischief (Please ask our dear Senator what happened to the supervisory role her committee has on the Nigeria Ports Authority. The Management of the organisation just came back from prison. Did the committee sleep while this infraction was committee. We were told that madam also got a lot of inducement from her activities on that committee and even more scams at the Senate!

∙ A deceitful witness that uttereth lies. ( Imagine Gbemi and her people concocting falsehoods, like claiming her posters were torn down when her team were replacing her outdated PDP posters with her Okere posters)

∙ Him that soweth discord among brethren. Do you see confusion in Gbemi’s family now? Her unreasonable ambition has turned everyone in her family again her brother, Bukola- the only reasonable one amongst them who see that Kwara State is not an extension of their family home.

∙ Is this who you want to vote for, good people of KWARA STATE? Please let's say NO a filthy hand!

(1) (Reply)

Most Smoked In A Day / Voodoo, Religion And Politics-the Same Message? / Obasano And Our Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.