Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,138 members, 7,780,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

Today's Kids Will Never Know This - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Today's Kids Will Never Know This (50854 Views)

Do You Know This Is Actually A Game? (pictures) / If You Know This Game Then You Should Be Married / #todays' Kids Will Never Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by Czar01(m): 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
LordReed:

Back in the day I and some friends were playing a versus wrestling game on a Famicom. We were doing winner stays and I had been winning for some rounds when all of a sudden every move I made on the controller didn't respond onscreen I thought my friend was having faster reactions. Just as he was about winning I looked down and saw the controller was disconnected. I complained bitterly but all fell on deaf ears they were all happy I was out, LoL. Till today I still think it was done deliberately but maybe I was tugging that controller a little too hard.

You're lucky. Back then, whenever I pull my plugged controller too hard, my console goes down with it. And most games warn you when a controller is unplugged.

[size=15pt]But now when I use Messi to score freekick on FIFA15, I can freely DANCE ROUND THE ROOM STILL HOLDING MY PS4's WIRELESS CONTROLLER!!![/size] grin grin grin grin

Mehn...thank God for technological development

2 Likes

Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by phabulux: 2:13am On Aug 16, 2015
armadeo:

Must you comment. FYI it's called nostalgia. No matter how old you are its allowed

By the rate of the likes, I guess I must respond to this first.

If you are 'doddering' to your tomb, then, be nostalgic.

If your right foot can't come before your left when you tell it to, be nostalgic.

When you think hours - not days, not years - count the age, then, grow up
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by phabulux: 2:25am On Aug 16, 2015
phabulux:

By the rate of the likes, I guess I must respond to this first.

If you are 'doddering' to your tomb, then, be nostalgic.

If your right foot can't come before your left when you tell it to, be nostalgic.

When you think hours - not days, not years - count the age, then, grow up

I

I dıd not have the opportunity to complete what I was saying. Your father must have had the opportunity to instigate you to amend your errors, but, mppphh!
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by phabulux: 2:43am On Aug 16, 2015
cao:

Interesting, some folks just wake up grumpy, I guess you must be a five year old with the brain of an octogenarian. Why so serious? Relax.

Are you satisfied now?

How often do you finger yourself?

As opposed to my thought, if you did not 'like' your comment yourself, then, there are more f.ools in Nigeria than I've given credit for
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by phabulux: 2:56am On Aug 16, 2015
Zumzum:

I no fit blame you . Na your Raz childhood they do you

The truth is: I almost ignored this comment. I decided, a while ago, not to join issues with any crass a.s.s bas.ta.rd that I have to keep improving.

Die!

That's the only piece of advice I can give you.
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by mikaael(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015
chygoz3:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the "loading" of games on PS1 then, whereby you use 2 game CDs to load the game you want to play. First of all, you insert the game you want to play (let's call it A), allow it to spin for a while, then insert the "loading CD" (let's call it B), leave it to spin for a while also then quickly remove and insert A. Then when you hear an increase in the spinning speed, you feel like you've won the jackpot. All this while inserting a matchstick or broomstick into the hole where the PS1 cover enters and locks in order to deceive the game into thinking that the cover was actually closed.

Hahahahaaha!....abeg u try I rememba wella
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by cao(f): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2015
phabulux:

Are you satisfied now?

How often do you finger yourself?

As opposed to my thought, if you did not 'like' your comment yourself, then, there are more f.ools in Nigeria than I've given credit for

I see grumpy old child is still grumpy. Apparently, your supposed maturity & logic are entirely flawed. Common sense is indeed not common. If you're not a fan of gaming nostalgia, why the heck did you comment? Some people like to torture themselves... **sighs** Like seriously though, what silly kind of counter-argument is this?! It appears his mind really is that of an octogenarian's, complete with its prejudice.
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by mikaael(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2015
Uchwilliam:
Then playin ps1 was my most pleasurable moments.mortal kombat noobsaibot >>c etc fatality,brutality.soccer 1 2 to carlos nd d enormous shot to d post,beckams mavelous direct freekicks.days of endless fun unlike now responsibility full person hand

Bros na so jare...na to choose madrid com put carlos for front..jus dey use am do 1 2 wit ronaldo u go beat anybody tire wit dat him shot...Master league was fun too
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by mikaael(m): 9:00am On Aug 16, 2015
halmeyd:

International superstar soccer deluxe!!!! I still hav it on my laptop nw,,,alejo,carboni,coliuto,yakuni,passaro,capitale etc

Mehn dis is jus too nostalgic...Koppers was my. Favourite from holland...I av a favourite angle dat wheneva I play d ball from there. It must enter
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by chygoz3(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2015
mikaael:

Mehn dis is jus too nostalgic...Koppers was my. Favourite from holland...I av a favourite angle dat wheneva I play d ball from there. It must enter
There were specific places that once you play a shot from there, a goal must be scored. As a result, while playing with opponents, we agree that we don't score such goals, because that would make the game uninteresting.

Still remember that game very well
"Long ball, good header! Yes! Goal! Goal!!"
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by mikaael(m): 10:47am On Aug 16, 2015
chygoz3:

There were specific places that once you play a shot from there, a goal must be scored. As a result, while playing with opponents, we agree that we don't score such goals, because that would make the game uninteresting.

Still remember that game very well
"Long ball, good header! Yes! Goal! Goal!!"

Yeeah ur right...
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by Uchwilliam(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
mikaael:

Bros na so jare...na to choose madrid com put carlos for front..jus dey use am do 1 2 wit ronaldo u go beat anybody tire wit dat him shot...Master league was fun too
Hahaha ur head de dia

1 Like

Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by austinesteve(m): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2015
Aitee1:
Okay I think I'm lost sad sad sad

Austinesteve fill me in undecided

lol.....
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by Dhavido(m): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Chuckdee:
They will never know how you had to clean and clean the edge of the cartridge of your Donkey kong on 8bit Nintendo NES! What, it got to a point where we played for about 1 hour and had to put the console wrapped in some soft clothes in the freezer to cool down or elde, it wont load up!haha... at some point we put one cartridge in the fridge while playing another... It was crazy but fun
jisos, is that thing the pad?
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by phabulux: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2015
cao:

I see grumpy old child is still grumpy. Apparently, your supposed maturity & logic are entirely flawed. Common sense is indeed not common. If you're not a fan of gaming nostalgia, why the heck did you comment? Some people like to torture themselves... **sighs** Like seriously though, what silly kind of counter-argument is this?! It appears his mind really is that of an octogenarian's, complete with its prejudice.

In what language can I make this stick? English is obviously not your forte (and fault). "Common sense is indeed not common". Disjuncted argument, cliche - in fact, the worst kind of cliche - and

mumu in lower case.
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by phabulux: 4:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Zumzum:
I no fit blame you . Na your Raz childhood they do you

Dem no dey do you?
Your five senses no even complete as I dey see am. Can you read?
"Raz childhood" olodo!
Where you grow up? Banana Island?
Oponu!
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by cao(f): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2015
phabulux:

In what language can I make this stick? English is obviously not your forte (and fault). "Common sense is indeed not common". Disjuncted argument, cliche - in fact, the worst kind of cliche - and

mumu in lower case.
I see...you're blinded by the irony of your own statement. Good for you, more grease to your disjointed elbows. Just because you appear to dislike yourself a tad too much - as shown with your masochistic approach to commenting. Life is too short to waste your time on something you don't obviously like, but that's your prerogative, whatever helps you exist. Anywho, I look forward to more of your misguided comments.
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by babakess: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2015
I CANT FORGET SLEEPING AND WAKING UP IN SUPER MARIO LAND ON MY GAMEBOY THOSE DAYS HMMMMMMMMMMMM..........................

Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by phabulux: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
cao:

I see...you're blinded by the irony of your own statement. Good for you, more grease to your disjointed elbows. Just because you appear to dislike yourself a tad too much - as shown with your masochistic approach to commenting. Life is too short to waste your time on something you don't obviously like, but that's your prerogative, whatever helps you exist. Anywho, I look forward to more of your misguided comments.

Christ!
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by cao(f): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
phabulux:

Christ!
The Nazarene!
Re: Today's Kids Will Never Know This by Loluores: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
Raaaaaarrrrrrrrr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gaming On Intel HD Graphics / Help Needed To Convert NTSC LCD TV from the USA To PAL / The Real Super Mario Dies Aged 84 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.