Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) (2274 Views)

Top 10 Best Tv Series Of All Time / The 10 Greatest Anime TV Series Of All Time / Glowtv Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
The list of series/soaps Highlighted here span from the 1980s to Early 90s, prio to when private TV stationed were granted licences. This was a golden era of TV broadcasting.

CLICK "LIKE" or "Share" against your favorites. I am sure most will have more than one favorite. So jst click "like" or "share" against all your favorites. cheesy
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
Agbara Nla!

Oh who will forget that scary scream of Aaayaaaaamaaatangaaaaaaaaaa.

2 Likes

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
Bassey and Company.

How will I forget Bassey, Alali, Segy (the girl with sexy eyes),Madam-the-Madam:Its a matter of cash, Dandy-the drunk and d rest of them

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
Behind the clouds

O Nosa (RIP), Mr Okonzua, Funmi, Buba and co.

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
Checkmate!

I will not forget Anne Hastrop(my crush), Segun Kadiri, Richard, Fuji House of commotion and the rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by iphanyiuma(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
Tales by moonlight grin grin exactly what buhari is giving us right now grin
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
Cock Crow at down (sorry about the "rooster na nairaland mods do am)

The first name that comes to mind is Beatrus, then Uncle Gaga and the rest

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by uncutz(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Icon4s:
Checkmate!

I will not forget Anne Hastrop(my crush), Segun Kadiri, Richard, Fuji House of commotion and the rest.

My crush too!
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
Fadeyi Oloro

Awon temi ni NTA shane (channel) Semun (seven) grin

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
Icheoku.

Hu can forget this Village interpreter comedy.

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Jaguar

Ah the Baba of Nigerian comedians in the 80s. I will not forget his friend Oseni and his wife Grace.

My Bello o, my head o.

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Koko Close

Chief Koko of Oluwalanbe Launch. This Wicket Landlord that likes harassing his tenants particularly the tenant called Emeka.

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Magana Jari che

This was from our brothers up North. I cant forget that talking parrot that tells the stories. And that shout of Naaafulavaajiiiii!! grin

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
Mirror in the Sun

This series was as old as when I started watching TV. Cant remember any names from it.

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
The New Masqurade!

My all time favorite. Zebrudaya, Giringori, Jegede Shokoya, Apeno who became Ramota, Clarus, Ovuloria Peter-Side, Naati, Sgt Pafu and Zachaus who came later

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
The New Village Headmaster

How will I forget Kabiyesi-Oba Adelende, Chief Eleyimi, Chief Dagbolu, the Village headmaster himself and his wife and also Garuba(the former headmaster), madam Amebo nko. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ojo Ladipo Theatre (Baba Aluwe)

The series that brought the likes of Oga Bello, Oga Jide, Madam Awero and co to lime light.

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Pot of Life.

I remember Amiwu. Also remember how the chiefs used to greet the Oba of Benin showing him their yanshh! grin

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Tales by Moonlight.

You would not miss any episode for anything. I remember Aunty Nkem the story narrator.

1 Like

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
The Great Samanja

Baracks life in the North. I remember Samaja and Mutu Adole grin

Kai Black and white TV na bastard o.

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Things Fall Apart

An Epic Movie that won awards all over the world.
A single Character stands out: EBUBE DIKE!! OOO!! OKONKWO!!! OOOO!! grin

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Third Eye

Hmmmm, I wonder, I just wonder. Olu Jacob the investigator and his pretty smarth Daughter Uzie (my crush)

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
Willie-Willie

Ah, go fear na. Nigeria's version of evil dead. You go watch this film finish u no go fit sleep for night grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
To tell you that most of these films ran concurrently i.e same period but on different days of the week and at different times. NTA was loaded! There was no boring day. But now na so so News-News, Buhari say, Buhari no say, Boko Haram bomb here bomb there. Mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by OsoDupe(f): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Well well
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by uncutz(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
Icon4s:
Koko Close

Chief Koko of Oluwalanbe Launch. This Wicket Landlord that likes harassing his tenants particularly the tenant called Emeka.

Chief Oluwalanbe could be coming and tenants would have to find their levels lol
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by uncutz(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
What about ripples?
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by uncutz(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
Igbo Eledumare
Omo Araye Le
Okanlawon
Isola Ogunsola
Ayox
Feyikogbon
Suraju the tailor
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2015
Modes
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
cc:Briareos, Prof800
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by Icon4s(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
uncutz:
Igbo Eledumare
Omo Araye Le
Okanlawon
Isola Ogunsola
Ayox
Feyikogbon
Suraju the tailor

I didnt watch any of these except Suraju the tailor. Which NTA stations showed these ones abeg.
Re: Show-casing Local Soaps/series Of The Old! Which Were Your Favourites?(pictures) by cashful(m): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
Icon4s:

I didnt watch any of these except Suraju the tailor. Which NTA stations showed these ones abeg.

NTA Channel 7

Nice one OP, nice memories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Latest Cost Of Airtime For Stv, Tvc, Galaxy And Ait / #BBA Beverly Gives Bassey A Dirty Lap Dance As He Strips Down {VIDEO} / Best Villains Of The 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.