Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari (18166 Views)

Senate Forgery: Police Submit Fresh Report, Indict Saraki, Ekweremadu - Punch / Low Savings: Okonjo-iweala Did Not Indict The Jonathan Administration / Panel Of Inquiry Forced To Indict Amaechi – Member Reveals As He Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Surulere2: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said there was no truth in claims in the local and international media that he accused or indicted the United States Government of helping the terrorist group, Boko Haram.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President described the reports as widely off mark.

He described the reports as unfortunate misinterpretation and distortion of his remarks at the United States Institute of Peace during his official visit to Washington DC.

He said he made it clear in those remarks, copies of which were circulated to the media, that he was convinced that the United States could never support groups such as Boko Haram.

The statement read in part, “The regrets expressed by President Buhari at USIP about the impact of the application of the Leahy Law on Nigeria’s war against Boko Haram and terrorism cannot be construed as an indictment of President Barack Obama and the United States Government who have publicly and privately declared their preparedness to give the Buhari Administration the fullest possible support and assistance.

“Within the context in which they were made, President Buhari’s comments on the adverse effect of the Leahy Law on Nigeria’s efforts to contain Boko Haram’s atrocious acts of terrorism should only be taken as a passionate appeal for even greater understanding and support from a very powerful and longstanding ally.

“President Buhari has nothing but the highest possible regard for President Obama, the United States Government, the people of the United States, their laws and institutions.

“The President had very successful and useful talks with President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry, other high-ranking US government officials and members of United States Congress during his visit to Washington DC.

“It is his expectation that those talks will lead to better mutual understanding and a further deepening of bilateral relations between Nigeria and the United States, especially in Nigeria’s current priority areas of defence and security cooperation.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-didnt-indict-us-over-boko-haram-says-buhari/

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Surulere2: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
can someone tell this man to shut up and work?? i mean walk the talking na..

today i will do this, tomoro i will not do that.. haba na! its getting to 4 months and we are still giving him time ..

see my people be it TANOIDS OR APC folks i dont care,we are all interested in progress of this country and that we must achieve.. i mean its more than 3 months and we are still waiting..

a whole country with more than 100million population is being run without ministers or proper planning..the economy is in halt and we are still giving him time.. on what really?? he went to visit obama with apc criminals and spent more than 2.2billion,came back with no tangible thing..

QUOTE ME AND DYEEEEEEEE

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by ifeanyija(m): 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ok
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by ELTON123(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Confused old man undecided

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by donsmall94(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Baba let them continue wailing
I have some above me.
They have right to wail according to one of their madam "Oby" something

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by maxit2(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
What is GMB even afraid of ?
It is obvious the United States is in FULL support of Boko Haram.
The United States is the ONLY bloody terrorist country in the whole wild world.
The ONLY country to have used weapon of mass destruction on both women/children.
The ONLY country that supplies militants/terrorists weapons to fight/destroy their own government.
The ONLY country that preaches FREEDOM but oppresses any sovereign country that wouldn't support GAY marriages.
The WORST racist country. When there's a shooting(BlackMan>>Thug, Arab>> Terrorist, White>>Gunman)
The ONLY country that invades other people's country and breaks international protocols.
They are ONLY heroes in the movies. Gullible people will watch "tears of the sun" and be like wow, I love the US.(Na wash).

My conclusion, F*ck the USA. Oh, f*ck you too if you quote me to type rubbish.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by francizy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Who cares? undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Kinkale(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Seems to me that this man is trying to curry favor from the west, now he seems to be defending the obvious.

Truth is the powerful respect only the confident and outspoken and he seems to be doing the opposite.. Shaa let's wait and see...

Dis ftc rush dun taya me, I give up *sobbing*

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by lazinc(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=15pt]Where are the 5% wailing wailers?[/size]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by ChelseaDr(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Season of denial part 2..... part 3 loading

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Baba ,please don't mind the wailing waillers, keep working to improve NIGERIA, even if every1 is against you,you will always have my support, any day,any time cool ......GOD bless and keep you, SAI BABA! kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by free2ryhme: 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
When it comes to combating boko haram, Nigeria should look towards the east. Western nations have never helped any country to solve terrorism. Terrorism actually get worse after their intervention.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by bigboss80s(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Lol Damage Control. I like this man

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by PROPHETmichael: 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Alright if you say so Mr President.

Meanwhile, are you aware that Even in Nairaland, Christians are being marginalized? checkout the thread below for the shocking discovery.

https://www.nairaland.com/2474665/even-nairaland-christians-being-marginalised
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by pat077: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Baba try to dey put ur brain 4 motion b4 u talk bcoz whatever u say will b applauded or use against u because u r now d president and all eyes are on u.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by dustmalik: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
donsmall94:
Baba let them continue wailing
Don't mind the wailers.
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=18pt]Dulladihno to Slowadihno to Liardihno to Denialdihno[/size]

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Sai buhari forget about those lies and focus on the current problems in Nigeria
www.
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Baba just carry go, focus and make nigeria great again with the help of God and goodwill citizens like us, listen to constructive criticisms but ignore the wailers and TANwhaterver
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by DiegoNakel(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Sai baba. !!! We dy behind u gidigba
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by free2ryhme: 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
This is not denying but rather it is putting the records straight. If you are conversant with media penchant for sensationalizing stories, you will agree with me that media deliberately twist the truth for commercial purposes. Why not look for the original script of his speech before jumping to conclusions that he is denying?
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by SouthernBreeze(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
I know bubu must deny. Talk today, deny tomorrow. Is this how he plan to lead

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by trigar12(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
angry.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by kelvine(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
PMB reads our comments

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by kilode100(f): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Surulere2:
can someone tell this man to shut up and work?? i meam walk the talking na..

today i will do this, tomoro i will not do that.. haba na! its getting to 4 months and we are still giving him time ..

I tire for the Baba o..
Dollar just dey rise dey goooo..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dementia....
No worry bubu we understand

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Shoro niyen
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by sdindan: 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
I know you will later re talk
Who edited the video?
Celebrity president

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by idbami2(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thr'l always be criticismss..
Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by kenedy175(m): 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
Today they will say one thing , tomorrow they will refute it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari by mascot87(m): 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=15pt]Over to the wailing wailers. Food is ready grin grin grin grin[/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pick A Christian As Senate President Or House Of Reps Speaker', CAN Writes / Ogbonnaya Onu: APC Should Have Zoned The Ticket To The South-East / Tinubu May Announce New Minimum Wage On Workers’ Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.