Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,763 members, 7,798,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) (42473 Views)

Getting 5 Of These Questions Means You Are A Genius / Test Yourself: Can You Solve These? / If You Can Solve These Math Problems, You Are One Of The World's Smartest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Oh dear... undecided

I hate maths angry

Oh then you're missing so much fun tongue
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by naptu2: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Oh dear... undecided

I hate maths angry

What do I get if I answer the questions correctly? grin
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Candyrain(m): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahaha. You can't add up any three odd numbers to arrive at an even number....Unless of course you have to box them like I did and then you have 3 even numbers separately totalling 30....

Fine but you did some arithmetic on the numbers before boxing them which is not allowed grin so that's the "wuruwuru" you did.

Your solution would be valid if you were told to use any means and any assumption to solve it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

Fine but you did some arithmetic on the numbers before boxing them which is not allowed grin so that's the "wuruwuru" you did.

Your solution would be valid if you were told to use any means and any assumption to solve it.

We're told to even repeat numbers. There's a reason for that inclusion...hahahahs
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Candyrain(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Oh dear... undecided

I hate maths angry

Hahahahaha... That guy has scattered your head with his computation, right? Maths is sweet and very easy. Just know the right formula and the answer surrenders itself to you.
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by thegreengooner(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
1. Michael is the Name of Ebere's father.

2. 1 year + 11 months + 7 months = 30 months

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by 223lanre(m): 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Simple,3square+9+15=3o
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Ishilove: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

Hahahahaha... That guy has scattered your head with his computation, right? Maths is sweet and very easy. Just know the right formula and the answer surrenders itself to you.
Lol. I'll pass. How to subtract and add is all I need to calculate money, and that's all the maths I need to know grin
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Candyrain(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
dearpreye:

We're told to even repeat numbers. There's a reason for that inclusion...hahahahs

Yea. What that instruction means is that if
1+1+1 = 30 then you are good to go.

What I understand is that we use any of these (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15) and repetition of these numbers is allowed in the boxes. They didn't ask us to do any extra arithmetic with the given numbers.
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Ishilove: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
naptu2:

What do I get if I answer the questions correctly? grin
Your reward is in heaven cheesy
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Not hard :: Michael is the NAME of ebere's father. OR Michael is also the name of Ebere's Grandfather (like Michael senior)
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

Yea. What that instruction means is that if
1+1+1 = 30 then you are good to go.

What I understand is that we use any of these (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15) and repetition of these numbers is allowed in the boxes. They didn't ask us to do any extra arithmetic with the given numbers.

Haha. From those numbers you know what to do get 30 na....
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Candyrain(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Lol. I'll pass. How to subtract and add is all I need to calculate money, and that's all the maths I need to know grin

Whispering *tell me the truth, I promise not to tell anyone. What was your maths grade in waec* grin grin
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by naptu2: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Your reward is in heaven cheesy

grin Ok.

1) Michael is the name of Ebere's father.

2) The solution to this question lies in being aware of mathematics history. The Commas were used instead of decimal points in the past by Arabs and even in France. You will be surprised to hear that even today, in some parts of the world, Commas are written instead of decimal unit or a dot.

Using commas in place of decimal units we can easily come up with a solution equal to 30.

For example:
13,7 + 15,3 + 1 = 30 !

Gaurav Agarwal the topper in IAS was aware of this and answered the question correctly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/database/QQ.09.99/menuge1.html

My question to Ishilove. A man stands 8 feet away from a door. He advances towards the door. Every step he takes is half the distance of the previous step. How many steps would he take in order to get to the door?
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Limerick: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
angelTI:
Michael is the name of Ebere's father

Michael is the wife of Ebere's father
wife na gåy marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley

1. Michael is the name of Ebere's Father.

2. Factorial method:-
3!+11+13=30
3!+9+15=30

Source: http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-solve-_+-_+-_-30-using-1-3-5-7-9-11-13-15-and-17
chei....wayo wan kill this girl oo... grin...no factorial involved oo...
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Candyrain(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
dearpreye:

Haha. From those numbers you know what to do get 30 na....

If we were to just take the numbers as given and do the summation of any 3 numbers to get 30 then it's impossible.

We have to add another function to it before we can solve it. Factorial is an example. Logarithm is another

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
Michael is the wife of ebere's daughter! grin grin grin
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

If we were to just take the numbers as given and do the summation of any 3 numbers to get 30 then it's impossible.

Ishilove will supply us the working later.
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
naptu2:

grin Ok.

2) The solution to this question lies in being aware of mathematics history. The Commas were used instead of decimal points in the past by Arabs and even in France. You will be surprised to hear that even today, in some parts of the world, Commas are written instead of decimal unit or a dot.

Using commas in place of decimal units we can easily come up with a solution equal to 30.
For example:
13,7 + 15,3 + 1 = 30 !
Gaurav Agarwal the topper in IAS was aware of this and answered the question correctly!

My question to Ishilove. A man stands 8 feet away from a door. He advances towards the door. Every step he takes is half the distance of the previous step. How many steps would he take in order to get to the door?
your question translates to the sum of a geometric progression with common ratio 0.5 and sum 8.
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by emeka2847: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ishilove:
Let's see how many geniuses we have on the forum.

Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Ishilove: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
naptu2:

How the Bleep am I supposed to know?

16? angry

grin
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by naptu2: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ishilove:

How the Bleep am I supposed to know?

16? angry

grin

grin
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Candyrain(m): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
IzonOwei:
chei....wayo wan kill this girl oo... grin...no factorial involved oo...

She just employed another means to solve it
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Ishilove: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

Whispering *tell me the truth, I promise not to tell anyone. What was your maths grade in waec* grin grin
C6, and that was after smuggling anointing oil into the exam hall. After writing the rubbish (I even collected extra sheet. No try me o wink cheesy), I liberally sprinkled the answer sheets with Goya extra virgin olive oyel.

You should try it. It works cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Ishilove: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
emeka2847:

I hear he is the spirit wife of Ebere's father... undecided tongue
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by baloney: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
7+ 13+9=30 x
any sum dat last digit ends wit even nos must be avoided lyk a plague.
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by ugoezeik(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
run out of thread before my brain crack. d first n second qenchon na hell. no wonder wey my teacher expelled me from school
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by davuvid(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
naptu2:

grin Ok.

For example:
13,7 + 15,3 + 1 = 30 !

Gaurav Agarwal the topper in IAS was aware of this and answered the question correctly.

128 steps
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

She just employed another means to solve it
I know..thats one easy way to go about it...the OP should have set boundary conditions for the numerical question... grin...anyway mizkholi remains a smart lady... cool
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by Firevinci(m): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
Michael is the name of Ebere's father.
7+9+15=30
Re: Can You Solve These Questions? (pics) by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
Royalty00:

Zero is not in the option oga
zero is a neutral,harmless,even number. It serves as a first aid to serious mathematical problem.
When solving an equation,have u ever heard,"add zero to both sides",now,haven't u ever reclined to wonder where that zero was gotten from? Man,zero is always there to help.
Check: from the question,they said "you can repeat numbers",if we are to judge by this,it simply denote that the examiner was more or less expecting something like this (15+15+0) or which other number could be repeated?
Advice: as a student,u don't just dismiss a question cos its proving knotty or coz u feels that it can't be solved. Now if u look up there,u'd see that it was an assessment question in one india school or wherever. Just say to urself,"this must be solved" and watch ur thoughts flow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Covenant University, Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sex Scandal: Osi Osi, Graduate Speaks / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.