Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society (41778 Views)

Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
People work to avert hunger, poverty and strife towards survival despite the high rate of unemployment.

Our nation is a place where all sorts of discrimination is our culture (jobs, institutions, course of study and many more). However, discrimination has even gone worst to the extent that people ridicule, bully and insult other people by their jobs just to boost their ego and bring other people down

Below we shall discuss them.

1. Police Force

When we talk about corruption in Nigeria, the first thing that comes to people's mind is that corruption originates from the Police force. Sometimes, you will even hear women saying they can't marry policemen because of the prejudice and trust issues that goes with the job.

2. NEPA/PHCN

The way people rain curses on NEPA officials for the epileptic power supply in Nigeria is grievous. People are always quick to talk bad about them and I have witnessed a scene where students thrashed NEPA officials for disconnecting their wires form the pole.

3. Road safety/VIO/LASMA corps

The above mentioned jobs also brings forth humiliation. Even when this people stop you to check your car documents, you will always have an impression that all they need is money. In some cases, you will see people bringing out money from their pockets immediately they are stopped even before hearing what these officials have to say.

4. Conductor (Agbero)

These people are always seen as local. The amount of insults laid on them cannot be over-emphasized especially in Lagos. When a conductor fails to give his passengers change on time, insults follow suite. Agbero are not exempted from this. I'm yet to see an educated young lady taking an Agbero to her home, introducing him as her fiance. (only if he's extremely rich). Tosyne2much, naijaboiy, kinglekan, kingtom, peeparty, etc who live in Lagos can bear me witness

5. Mobile Customer Care Agents

When telecom operators like MTN, GLO, ETISALAT and AIRTEL deducts as low as N2 from some customers' accounts, they will call the customer care line and curse the agents on small god's names like sango, obatala, etc.

6. Prostitution

Circumstances has led young ladies into prostitution that they use it as their source of income for survival. They are always being ridiculed and mouth-thrashed without any consideration for what might have led them into it.

7. Mechanic and transporters

Few months ago, I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Lagos as It developed a fault in the course of the journey. See the insults and bashing rolling from every angle towards the driver. The driver further reign curse on tajudeen, his mechanic.

8. Lecturing

Lecturers are small gods in Nigerian institutions but they are also being ridiculed by students. Students don't have effrontery to ridicule lectures in their presence but when they go behind them, they ridicule them, and in some cases, some plan on how to deal with them especially when it comes to the issues of results (carry over).

47 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by stan241(m): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
Fl

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by naijaboiy: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
Being a public transport driver is not easy o! cheesy

You go chop insult tire. If your bus is filled with women,,forget it. grin

Their complaints and nagging can lead you to drive in a confused way and may even cause an accident. lipsrsealed.

If you are a driver please try not to listen to all those women and the men too that will leave their own cars at home but they will want to control how you drive your own bus.

Nawa o! cheesy

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
cheesy
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
9: Charge & Bail Lawyer
These perpetually broke agents (ambulance chasers) of justice are always without a home (chamberless) and without a bathroom. they waity for criminals in dire need of escape from justice to jump in and collude with frisky court staff and the police to get bail

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
cool
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by tosyne2much(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
8. Nairaland Moderators

This kind of job also brings insult. When people violate rules and they are being placed on ban, they quickly open a new account and rain curses on the moderator that sent them to jail. I wouldn't like to mention names cool

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Politicians or political office holders.
I think they rank the topmost.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by naijaboiy: 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
blublahd:
Politicians.
E.g dùllardinho gringrin

14 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by devonpaul(m): 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
wristbangle:
People work to avert hunger, poverty and strife towards survival despite the high rate of unemployment.

Our nation is a place where all sorts of discrimination is our culture (jobs, institutions, course of study and many more). However, discrimination has even gone worst to the extent that people ridicule, bully and insult other people by their jobs just to boost their ego and bring other people down

Below we shall discuss them.

1. Police Force

When we talk about corruption in Nigeria, the first thing that comes to people's mind is that corruption originates from the Police force. Sometimes, you will even hear women saying they can't marry policemen because of the prejudice and trust issues that goes with the job.

2. NEPA/PHCN

The way people rain curses on NEPA workers for the epileptic power supply in Nigeria is grievous. People are always quick to talk bad about them and I have witnessed a scene where students thrashed NEPA officials for disconnecting their wires form the pole.

3. Road safety/VIO/LASMA corps

The above mentioned jobs also brings forth humiliation. Even when this people stop you to check your car documents, you will always have an impression that all they need is money. In some cases, you will see people bringing out money from their pockets immediately they are stopped even before hearing what these officials have to say.

4. Conductor (Agbero)

These people are always seen as local. The amount of insults laid on them cannot be over-emphasized especially in Lagos. When a conductor fails to give his passengers change on time, insults follow suite. Agbero are not exempted from this. I'm yet to see an educated young lady taking an Agbero to her home, introducing him as her fiance. (only if he's extremely rich). Tosyne2much, naijaboiy, kinglekan, kingtom, peeparty, etc who live in Lagos can bear me witness

5. Mobile Customer Care Agents

When telecom operators like MTN, GLO, ETISALAT and AIRTEL deducts as low as N2 from some customers' accounts, they will call the customer care line and curse the agents on small god's names like sango, obatala, etc.

6. Prostitution

Circumstances has led young ladies into prostitution that they use it as their source of income for survival. They are always being ridiculed and mouth-thrashed without any consideration for what might have led them into it.

7. Mechanic and transporters

Few months ago, I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Lagos as It developed a fault in the course of the journey. See the insults and bashing rolling from every angle towards the driver. The driver further reign curse on tajudeen, his mechanic.

8. Lecturing

Lecturers are small gods in Nigerian institutions but they are also being ridiculed by students. Students don't have effrontery to ridicule lectures in their presence but when they go behind them, they ridicule them, and in some cases, some plan on how to deal with them especially when it comes to the issues of results (carry over).

Cc: lalasticlala
somebody forgets Bloggers

1 Like

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
naijaboiy:
Being a public transport driver is not easy o! cheesy

You go chop insult tire. If your bus is filled with women,,forget it. grin

Their complaints and nagging can lead you to drive in a confused way and may even cause an accident. lipsrsealed.

If you are a driver please try not to listen to all those women and the men too that will leave their own cars at home but they will want to control how you drive your own bus.

Nawa o! cheesy

Bro, Honestly it is so frustrating.

The one whey I experience last week nai dey make me laugh.

The conductor no give the passenger him change.

Omo see as the passenger dey para. Wetin funny for him words nah "I WILL END YOUR CAREER"

Abeg shey conductor get career? grin grin grin

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
8. Nairaland Moderators

This kind of job also brings insult. When people violate rules and they are being placed on ban, they quickly mouth-thrash them. I wouldn't like to mention names cool

Lmao. E.g Ishilove tongue

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
MhizDeedy:
cheesy

Bae, how u dey? U wan chop my likes as usual.

1 Like

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
cheesy

Politicians: these set of people always receive insults from everybody, they re also known for their lies. Before they get into power, they will say all sort of things like ' I wil construct good roads, I wil make education free, I will fight boko haram, they can even say I wil clean ur ass wen u finish defecating. Some wil even share rice, beans, clothe, garri nd even pants lol. But for where? Wen dy get into seat we don't matter to them, they go ahead nd steal our money. Citizens will swear for them, some wil even consult d oracle on their matter. Any bad tin that happen in their lives dey will blame politicians

8 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by naijaboiy: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
wristbangle:

Bro, Honestly it is so frustrating.

The one whey I experience last week nai dey make me laugh.

The conductor no give the passenger him change.

Omo see as the passenger dey para. Wetin funny for him words nah "I WILL END YOUR CAREER"

Abeg shey conductor get career? grin grin grin
ROTFLMAO!!! gringringrin

Since when conductors start dey get career na.? cheesy

And some passengers nor dey try o! How person go bring #1000 on top transport fare wey be just #50?

You come expect conductor to dey find change of #950 like say na only you enter bus.

13 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by naijaboiy: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
8. Nairaland Moderators

This kind of job also brings insult. When people violate rules and they are being placed on ban, they quickly open a new account and rain curses on the moderator who sent them to jail. I wouldn't like to mention names cool
Lol,,moderator na Job? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
wristbangle:

Bae, how u dey? U wan chop my likes as usual.

Exactly
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by chibwike(m): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Jehovah witness preacher

7 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by McEwen(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
wristbangle:

Lmao. E.g Ishilove tongue
My baby angry
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by kennboiy(m): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Food sellers e.g Iya Sikiratu
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
naijaboiy:

ROTFLMAO!!! gringringrin

Since when conductors start dey get career na.? cheesy

[b]And some passengers nor dey try o! How person go bring #1000 on top transport fare wey be just #50?

You come expect conductor to dey find change of #950 like say na only you enter bus.
[/b]

This one common "well well" for CMS.

Conductor go shout Barbeach... Eko hotel.. mi o ni change tire!! Still passenger go comot 1000naira note tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
kennboiy:
Food sellers e.g Iya Sikiratu

Lol. Their occupation get insult?
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
MhizDeedy:
cheesy

Politicians: these set of people always receive insults from everybody, they re also known for their lies. Before they get into power, they will say all sort of things like ' I will construct good roads, I will make education free, I will fight boko haram, they can even say I wil clean ur ass wen u finish defecating. Some wil even share rice, beans, clothe, garri nd even pants lol. But for where? Wen dy get into seat we don't matter to them, they go ahead nd steal our money. Citizens will swear for them, some wil even consult d oracle on their matter. Any bad tin that happen in their lives dey will blame politicians

I will make I dollars to equal N1 tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
devonpaul:

somebody forgets Bloggers

Bloggers don't receive insult na.
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by devonpaul(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
wristbangle:

Bloggers don't receive insult na.
U SURE but people dey abuse them well for twitter sha.. football club Coaches too

2 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by wristbangle: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
devonpaul:

U SURE but people dey abuse them well for twitter sha.. football club Coaches too

I agree with the bolded. For the bloggers, yeah there is insult but u can't compare to the occupation listed. cheesy
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
chibwike:
Jehovah witness preacher

Hun? undecided
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
wristbangle:

I will make I dollars to equal N1 tongue

Lol exactly let's go into politics now, we wil just goan meet pastors to pray for us so if they insult or swear for us it won't affect uscheesy
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by devonpaul(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
wristbangle:

I agree with the bolded. For the bloggers, yeah there is insult but u can't compare to the occupation listed. cheesy
legit
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by chibwike(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
adeh39:

Hun? undecided
Any probz?
Re: 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society by kinglekan: 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2015

Na who mention me? angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For. / Professional American Funeral Crier/mourner Lists His Crying Charges On Facebook / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.