Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today (27415 Views)

Man's Newly Purchased Bike Was Stolen In Front Of His Shop (pics) / Toyota Corolla Stolen In Awka, Anambra (Photo) / My Toyota Carina E-Wagon Stolen In Kano, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

I left my house around past 11am to get some stuffs at a distance from my house. I spent about an hour outdoor, only for me to return and find my laptop missing. I asked my little sister whom I left alone at home who came around and she said 'a lady' with some descriptions came around to ask for my mom saying she wanted to give her some money and my sister said she was not at home.
The 'lady' came inside, sat down and counted some money and handed it over to my sister to give to my mom. The little girl kept the money somewhere in the sitting room and the woman said she should take it inside to avoid it been stolen, my sister went inside my mom's room to keep the money. While she was away the lady with the intention to steal sighted my laptop on the couch where I kept it and my other phone, she picked both and kept them in her bag. When my sister returned, she asked my sister to go and get the money back that she would come back in the evening when mumsy is back and my sister did. She left the house with my phone and laptop without my sister's knowledge.

After listening to the narration from my sister, I called my phone and it was answered by an unknown person she kept mute while I was talking. I called back severally and it wasn't answered. After about 30 minutes, I got a call from the police station(on the number I called with earlier) saying a laptop and phone was recovered from an unknown thief that I should report at the police station ASAP.

When I got there, I met one woman whose house was also robbed by the lady. She was caught and beaten severely by the neighbors and outsiders. The house owner (woman) claimed N30,000 was stolen which wasn't found on the thief but rather my phone and laptop, the main reason she was brought to the police station was because of the money that wasn't found on her not because of my property but I was lucky that my items have not been sold out by the thief. I was able to get my laptop today after the necessary procedures and was asked to come back on Monday for my phone.

My reason for bringing this story here is that, I want to advice everyone ''talk to you little ones at home be it sister, brother, children, etc. Especially now that they are all on long holiday that they should never allow any one inside the house if an elderly person isn't around, the thief might ask of mom or dad or big sister or anyone just tell your kids to tell them at the doorstep 'mom isn't around come back later' they shouldn't be welcomed inside the home not even for one second. I was only lucky to recover my item that was stolen'

The lady even confessed that sometimes she checks NEPA bills that is hung in the house to know a name to mention. Imagine that. Please be guided and caution your kids.

May God not make our things be that of a thief.
Bye

259 Likes 60 Shares

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Florblu(f): 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
That's serious! did u say a woman did dis? smh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by oluwadanie1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
Wait..

thank God you recovered them o, you would have just gone on hibernation mode from nairaland.

@the poster below me, don't you know whizqueen is my school mother?? take time before I report you to her .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
The posters above me na winch...Y na..wey ah don get mind sey ah wan mock INTROVERT as FTC..you na spoil my fun....whizqueen can you see now....

2 Likes

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by elomepee: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thank God for you
Good counsel and will taken
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by ikbnice(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
You're quite lucky to get your things back. You need to be more careful and security conscious. Thieves are getting smarter by the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by hiteelong(f): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
thanks for the reminder. sure timely

1 Like

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
good to read that you were able to recover you gadgets back.

1 Like

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by donholy28(m): 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
Chai everyday for d thief...one day for d owner...op u get luck well well...and d woman na fool...big fool..she wan do operation rob all...now God don catch am...she get luck say dem no burn am

2 Likes

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
whizqueen:
May God not my our things be that of a thief. Bye
TRANSLATION.
Olorun ma se eru wa leru Ole o! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by whizqueen(f): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Brandnew2:

TRANSLATION.
Olorun ma se eru wa leru Ole o! cheesy
grin

1 Like

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Xcozee(m): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=19pt]God has always been faithful dear...glad u recovered ya tinx! Cause I can't imagine my e-Crush having a bad weekend! May God continue to save us all from all evil! [/size]

According to our own whizqueen
Cc:
Foxxynik
Elmisti
Sambest2
Ademasta
Dubylhover
2el
Stancity
Physika
Haywire
majidyusuf
Hadassaheke
Shawwal1
Iykebest1
Kbs468
Zeeenas
Sydneyboss
Hilsocial
Deracathy
Donpsymon
Thespark
Babatawa
Aare2050
Allsmyles
Gazaliah
Haliluck and all other PCM B'15

1 Like

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
can't believe what i just read

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Berrymoss(f): 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
shocked
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
m,n
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ok
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nothing wey person no go hear for this county
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
She wasn't lucky enough
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Wendyslim(f): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Congrats
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Aitee1: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by MilesLamar(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Haba
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by allanphash7(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Maybe the op is one of those who metion people with abuses

Just kidding like Jk
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
O
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by ManTiger(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thanks for revealing their Modus Operandi,
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by RichDad1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thanks to the Juju inbuilt in you
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
OK ....U now used your laptop to post it since they ask u to come back for your phone on Monday ??
hmmn
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by trigar12(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
shocked undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by NotNairalandi(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
Praaaaaiiiiissse thy Lord!

Next person !
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by seunoni34(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
Oga o. Women are just as bad as men. Maybe even worse.
Re: How My Laptop And Phone Were Stolen In My Apartment Today by tuzle(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
guy see how you narrate the story as if you where in the house while the event took place. I dey suspect u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stolen Toyota Highlander 2008 Model / Man Beats His Neigbor To Death In Ogun For Stopping Him From Beating His Wife / 7 Armed Robbers In Ondo Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.