Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? (1079 Views)

6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria / Clean Hp Probook 8550b Core I3 ,500gb Harddisk, 4gb Ram, In Surulere Lagos. / MTN Giving 7.5gb,300hrs And 2GB Data Respectively To All Newly Registered Sims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? by uprightman(m): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
I have a laptop with 1gb ram. 80 gb hard drive. can I add 2gb ram on the set to improve to be faster? pls, I need honest advice.
Re: Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? by Lexusgs430: 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Have you confirmed if your laptops ram can be expanded?

1 Like

Re: Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? by uprightman(m): 4:36am On Jul 25, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Have you confirmed if your laptops ram can be expanded?
please, how can I do that?
Re: Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? by SlickM(m): 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Open your laptop RAM compartment and check if there are extra slots. Some PCs come with only one slot meaning you may have to ditch the single RAM inside and buy a single larger one(4gb DDR2... this new RAM has to replace the former one)... while others come with multiple slots(DDR3). In the case of the latter, if the initial RAM size is 2gb, u can buy an extra 2gb or 1gb as you wish and fix
Re: Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? by uprightman(m): 5:49am On Jul 27, 2015
SlickM:
Open your laptop RAM compartment and check if they are extra slots. Some PCs come with only one slot meaning you may have to ditch the single RAM inside and buy a single larger one(4gb DDR2... this new RAM has to replace the former one)... while others come with multiple slots(DDR3). In the case of the latter, if the initial RAM size is 2gb, u can buy an extra 2gb or 1gb as you wish and fix
yes it has extra space for another ram.somebody told me that I can't add another one that is not equal to the one inside before. that it will not work smoothly. unless the two rams are equal number. pls, experience phone engineer in the house, help me out.
Re: Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? by SlickM(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2015
uprightman:
yes it has extra space for another ram.somebody told me that I can't add another one that is not equal to the one inside before. that it will not work smoothly. unless the two rams are equal number. pls, experience phone engineer in the house, help me out.
Just do as I have said. Buy an extra 1gb and fix. I am presently using 2gb +1gb on mine.
Re: Can I Pair 1gb Ram And 2gb Ram In A Laptop? by uprightman(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2015
SlickM:

Just do as I have said. Buy an extra 1gb and fix. I am presently using 2gb +1gb on mine.
thank You

(1) (Reply)

Mini Laptop Needed Urgently! / HP 630 For Sale. / DELETED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.