Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA (2224 Views)

These Are 10 Of The Most Expensive Car Parts To Repair & Replace / The Real Difference Between Police Cars And Regular Cars / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Hi, Please I want to know if it's profitable to ship cars and spare parts to nigeria from United States. I am really interested in the business, but I don't know much about it. Is American cars valued in nigeria? Does it sell fast...
Re: Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by redcliff: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hmnm... this biz has many perspectives to be looked at from

1 Like

Re: Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by sultaan(m): 12:24am On Jul 26, 2015
I thought of the same thing but every calculation I made gives me the impression that I will be paying more to customs and other government agencies than I will keep if I were to bring in genuine parts and the hassles of restocking and meeting urgent delivery requests make it a business for only those doing the whole sale supply part of the business rather than a the retail sector
Re: Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 26, 2015
I really appreciate your comments. Pls is there any other line of profitable business one can do here in US?
Re: Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by ichakaobos(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
You can do this business but only if you buy more of Japanese cars than American and Europe cars. Then if you must buy the American vehicle. You should concentrate more on the legs and engine parts that is what gives way easily in Nigeria. Clearing would cost you between 1.5 to 2m. Depending on what options your agent has to offer. Then you have to do what I call aggressive marketing to convince people who buy China parts that yours is genuine and get the public to know you and what you stand for. Who knows, the sky might just be your start off point.
Re: Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by sultaan(m): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
The problem in my opinion is not the china parts because I can get original parts for less than what you pay for china parts, I know how much to add to cover shipping expense, but the ideal business for me is to break even.If I make 150k on a N4m shipment I am doing good.

That might be small in your opinion, but for a start its great paying 10x what I make to some agent and NCS sitting on their butt all day is not an option and that is the main reason things are the way they are if I feel like selling parts I know will get people killed to make money I can't live with that.
Re: Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks everyone for ur advices, God bless u all... I think I need to make contacts on the marketing aspect of the business before investing money into it.

1 Like

Re: Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA by citerio(m): 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
hi
sultaan:
The problem in my opinion is not the china parts because I can get original parts for less than what you pay for china parts, I know how much to add to cover shipping expense, but the ideal business for me is to break even.If I make 150k on a N4m shipment I am doing good.

That might be small in your opinion, but for a start its great paying 10x hat I make to some agent and NCS sitting on their butt all day is not an option and that is the main reason things are the way they are if I feel like sell parts I know will get people killed to make money I can't live with that.
hi did you finally get to start off your business. i am thinking of going into same soon. reach me asap

(1) (Reply)

Brandnew 2015/16 Rolls Royce Phantom Series 2 / Help Gear Problem / Mercedes G-wagon 4x4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.