Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. (3505 Views)

Best Compliment You Have Gotten From An Opposite Sex / 15 Things Most Nigerian Girls Says When You Compliment Them / What's The Best Compliment You Have Ever Received After Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by yemstok(m): 5:05am On Jul 25, 2015
"I can see that if you weren't so shy you would be great at everything but your lack of confidence lets you down"

I got randomly told this many years ago and it has stayed with me throughout my life ... When I am feeling shy I remember these words and it automatically makes me think ah I can do this!!

So, share with us that memorable compliment you've ever received from anyone.
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by cerzo(m): 5:06am On Jul 25, 2015
Cnt 4get the day a babe told me that I look like dbanj..my head nearly busted...

Just yesterday..one useless babe looked me in d eye nd told me that if not that I m fair and tall,i would hve been a ugly bobo... I responded by telling the babe dat she is lookn like bovi..wth her funny big eye ball poopn out always
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by DeeCherry(f): 5:21am On Jul 25, 2015
I've been complimented on my looks since I could remember but there's one that I really hold dear.

I still remember the exact words to this day. I was very young, 12 or maybe 14, I was very timid, easily frightened and hurt, and had no self-esteem.
My mother and I were at the market trying to get food stuffs when a grown up lady came up to my mother and said: "I'm sorry, I don't mean to stare but your daughter is so beautiful."
She then looked at me and said "You're so pretty. You should smile more. I would if I was that pretty."
she smiled and walked back to her mum.

I make it a point now to compliment those that deserve it, especially those that seem shy or timid like I oncewas.

1 Like

Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by pasqal09: 5:26am On Jul 25, 2015
The only tine I've got compliments from ppl is when they want something from me.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by sinaj(f): 5:37am On Jul 25, 2015
Av been told am a genius smiley

but it freaks me out though cry
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by sinaj(f): 5:40am On Jul 25, 2015
pasqal09:
The only tine I've got compliments from ppl is when they want something from me.

lol I guess is ur gf huh tongue
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by debosola(f): 5:43am On Jul 25, 2015
Op, you are a darling for putting up this thread.
lemme share mine.

My course mate once told me that she admires me and she thinks I'm the strongest person she has ever met(though I don't look it)

Since then, my life's goal is to become as strong and kind as possible so that I can protect the people I care for.

That compliment has helped me a whole lot...it has made me found strength in my weakness.
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by pasqal09: 5:45am On Jul 25, 2015
sinaj:

lol I guess is ur gf huh tongue
and other ppl too sad
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Tungsten(m): 5:49am On Jul 25, 2015
"What an amazing good looking guy you really are"

I'm sure the woman needed glasses.
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by donholy28(m): 5:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Nowadays if someone compliments u...just check if ur gun is loaded o....some mischievous things dey follow...if na girl...dodge ur wallet…girls are not smiling

1 Like

Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by pasqal09: 5:51am On Jul 25, 2015
donholy28:
Nowadays if someone compliments u...just check if ur gun is loaded o....some mischievous things dey follow...if na girl...dodge ur wallet…girls are not smiling
not entirely true
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by sinaj(f): 5:51am On Jul 25, 2015
pasqal09:
and other ppl too sad
smiley
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 25, 2015
sinaj:

Hmmm.
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by yemstok(m): 6:04am On Jul 25, 2015
pasqal09:

U really must be a 'Mr Nice Guy'
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Sirmee(m): 6:04am On Jul 25, 2015
I have gotten so many compliments from both sexes including old and young but the one that has thrilled me most is the one just said to me a while ago after our vigil.
He said and I quote "Sir, I have known you for about five years now but your humility is beyond what words can describe, Honestly you're a true leader"
At that point I was just lost for words to respond

1 Like

Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by yemstok(m): 6:05am On Jul 25, 2015
sinaj:

Are you for real?
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by ATMC(f): 6:07am On Jul 25, 2015
'Do have a nice day, you deserve it' One nler I was chatting with...I don't even know him.

That was my best compliment!
Followed by 'I'm in love with your mind'
smileysmileysmiley

@Op Do have a nice everydaysmiley you deserve it jhoooorgrin
@posters-on-this-thread (y'all look ugly:-P) NOW THAT'S A COMPLIMENT! wink A huge one at that!
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by yemstok(m): 6:07am On Jul 25, 2015
Tungsten:
"What an amazing good looking guy you really are"

I'm sure the woman needed glasses.

hahahahahaa! super hilarious grin
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 25, 2015
I have always been told that I am very intelligent...right from childhood.

As a kid, my sunday school teacher always told my parents that I could remember verses of the scripture taught days ago and that I answered the questions so well.
I always came first in class.. all through primary and most of secondary school.

So I was always constantly reminded of how intelligent I was by my parents, friends, siblings and those around me as I grew up

Even In the university, I was called a 'scholar' and this trend of being called smart and intelligent has continued following me.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2015
Niklausa:
I have always been told that I am very intelligent...right from childhood.

As a kid, my sunday school teacher always told my parents that I could remember verses of the scripture taught days ago and that I answered the questions so well.
I always came first in class.. all through primary and most of secondary school.

So I was always constantly reminded of how intelligent I was by my parents, friends, siblings and those around me as I grew up

Even In the university, I was called a 'scholar' and this trend of being called smart, intelligent has continued following me.
This post sounds so feminine.

1 Like

Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2015
blublahd:

How?
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 25, 2015
debosola:
lemme share mine.

My course mate once told me that she admires me and she thinks I'm the strongest person she has ever met(though I don't look it)

Since then, my life's goal is to become as strong and kind as possible so that I can protect the people I care for.

That compliment has helped me a whole lot...it has made me found strength in my weakness.

Your waist, can I grab it?
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 25, 2015
Niklausa:

How?
You don't expect to keep this cover for long, do you? PS: you don't put your trademark as your siggy.
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by ATMC(f): 6:32am On Jul 25, 2015
lmao!
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 25, 2015
blublahd:

You don't expect to keep this cover for long, do you?
PS: you don't put your trademark as your siggy.

What cover are you talking about?
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 25, 2015
blublahd:

It sounds so classy grin
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by BANGERLEE1(m): 7:44am On Jul 25, 2015
Have got compliment on how brilliant I am especially in Secondary school...the awkward part is that My junior ones will always make sure they greet me and whisper that senior know book ehn??

Even till now..... Compliment on looks? That's almost every time and girls often say they love my voice on phone...
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Emodeee: 7:51am On Jul 25, 2015
debosola:
lemme share mine.

A lady told u dat? #lesbian alert.

Btw, wetin u carry for ur dp? E be like caterpillar.
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by jashar(f): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2015
*sighs* embarassed

You're beautiful inside and out. embarassed
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by Amya(f): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2015
A 46 year old man who I consider very intelligent and at the very top of his field told me I'm the 2nd most intellectual sound and intelligent lady he's ever come across in his life. And he meant it.

1 Like

Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by jonaifame22(m): 8:54am On Jul 25, 2015
You have a body like the sculpture of a greek god!
Re: The Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten From Anyone. by LordTrezy(m): 8:54am On Jul 25, 2015
debosola:
lemme share mine.

wow...you are indeed a woman of substance . Also, you are so endowed with beauty, grace and charm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Pretty Lady Is Ready To Settle Down For Marriage: See Her Conditions / I Love The Colour Of Her Dress, What Do You Love About Her? / Advice On How To Deal With An Angry Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.