Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG (26118 Views)

How Acting DG Of NDDC Gave Corruption New Face / Drama At NIMASA As Jauro Displaces Obi As Acting DG / Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by zinzane: 5:06am On Jul 25, 2015
A few days after taking over as acting Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Calistus Nwabueze, has been replaced by the Executive Director Finance and Administration, Haruna Jauro.

Nwabueze took over from the former Director-General of the NIMASA, Dr. Patrick Akpobolokemi, on Tuesday, following a directive from the Federal Government that Akpobolokemi should hand over to the most senior officer.

Our correspondent learnt that Jauro took over the reins from Nwabueze after a protest against Akpobolokemi to the Federal Ministry of Transport and Office of the Head of Service of the Federation.

In his petition, Jauro was said to have claimed seniority over Nwabueze.

Though Nwabueze, Jauro and the Executive Director, Maritime Safety and Shipping Development were all appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan on July 24, 2012, Jauro claimed his seniority from the fact that he resumed duties at the Maritime House 24 hours ahead of the others.

There was no official confirmation from the Deputy Director and Head of Public Relations, Mr. Isichei Osamgbi, as his phone number was said to be switched off.
http://www.punchng.com/news/nimasa-gets-another-acting-dg/

Click HERE to read events that led up to this news.

CC: Lalasticlala
Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by cerzo(m): 5:17am On Jul 25, 2015
I always advise those that I know that once u collect u appointment letter,u better report immediately to ur duty of post..see a life tyme opportunity to be lost in such a careless manner...

Mine was collecting mine on Thursday and then decided to resume on money..when pay slip came out..mine was cut by d calculation of 5,000 a day...I lost abt 20,000 cuz of that...

But this northern govt agenda self...I tire ooo

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 25, 2015
And the northernization agenda roles on.

Change my azz.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2642558_roadhighwaybluegenerator_jpeg855a70eb2d07abff4c56b74b4ecd643f

Sept. 13, 2015.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by fashoo2010(m): 5:32am On Jul 25, 2015
U mean just because of 24hours of seniority? Na wa ooo....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by omogin(f): 5:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Now I know buhari dey colo. This 97% vs 5% mathematics has made him really Colo. Haba GEJ yab big time. No Haruna should ever have been appointed in his govt.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by omogin(f): 5:41am On Jul 25, 2015
Why didn't they use seniority at INEC. maluus

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by holytribe(m): 5:41am On Jul 25, 2015
this Hausa appointment is rather becoming too much. I thought they said Hausa's don't go to school, so how did they attain such post in the first place?

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by donholy28(m): 5:46am On Jul 25, 2015
omogin:
Now I know buhari dey colo This 97% vs 5% mathematics has made him really Colo. Haba GEJ yab big time. No Haruna should ever have been appointed in his govt.
I tell u...d man brain lock up

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by idupaul: 5:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Buhari needs to watch it ...These lopsided northern appointments are beginning to make us his supporters feel some type of way oo

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by zinzane: 5:54am On Jul 25, 2015
It's obvious Mr. President and his advisers don't take the long-term effects of perceived marginalisation into consideration. How on earth can you revert an appointment that had slightly calmed the accusation of tribalism, this is like adding fuel to fire. I support him but I don't support this nonsense.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 25, 2015
If it's done by seniority then the hausa man is clearly the senior having resumed a day before others. It's just how civil service works.

But on another note, Buhari should watch his antecedents in regards to appointments else he will making the job and agenda of Radio B1afra easy. undecided

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by doctokwus: 6:03am On Jul 25, 2015
idupaul:

Buhari needs to watch it ...These lopsided northern appointments are beginning to make us his supporters feel some type of way oo
Yeah.
This one must be handled with a lot of caution if true.
Jauro maybe right but d circumstances,timing and manner are all wrong.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 25, 2015
Great decision

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by OrigamiIII: 6:08am On Jul 25, 2015
holytribe:
this Hausa appointment is rather becoming too much. I thought they said Hausa's don't go to school, so how did they attain such post in the first place?

OBJ and GEJ caused it all.They were busy playing saint at the expense of southern interest.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by ade80: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2015
idupaul:

This was not an appointment, all the Executive directors are still going to be sacked. In the civil service, if you resume an hour before me, then you are the senior. That's just how it works.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Demmocrats(m): 6:15am On Jul 25, 2015
This is coup in a way, I actually want the state of the new DG of NIMASA if its from the north then truly my sai buhari's government is truly government for the north, by the north and north alone which will be his downfall very soon
www.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by yurme(m): 6:16am On Jul 25, 2015
Na d name I cme chck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by gratiaeo(m): 6:17am On Jul 25, 2015
Northernization continue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Xyg12: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2015
There was a mockery topic that said Another Fulani man from Daura Appointed in NIMASSA when Nwabueze was appointed.

You can see for yourself,what Mr Senile is turning Nigeria into.

Buhari is an Imbe.cile till tomorrow.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by omenka(m): 6:17am On Jul 25, 2015
fashoo2010:
U mean just because of 24hours of seniority? Na wa ooo....
Yeah. If I must be honest, I think Baba should have overlooked this one.

But I recall some people saying they don't want Baba to "placate" them with any appointments. Watch as those same folks flood the thread to scream blue murder.

Sometimes you simply can't understand what they really want.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by arabbunkum: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2015
Calistus belong to those who gave PMB 5 percent of votes, so going by what we have been told, he shouldn't be there. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by lonelydora: 6:18am On Jul 25, 2015
If it's seniority they want to follow, no problem. But in management level, appointments don't usually follow protocols. It's purely political.

From the way PMB is going he shouldn't make me decamp back to PDP. Keeping my fingers crossed shaa

11 Likes

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by makzeze: 6:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Ride on Buhari, we are solidly behind you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by amork(m): 6:19am On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmm no comment
Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Autolord: 6:19am On Jul 25, 2015
NASS should start impeachment proceedings as soon as possible. A man who said on International TV that people who voted for him cannot be treated the same way with other regions that didn't vote for him and that is fair.

A fool at 40 is a fool forever. Buhari is tribalistic and that can never change, not at 85years old(real age)

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by HDee(m): 6:19am On Jul 25, 2015
Replace all those bloody lairs! grin

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by brownlord: 6:19am On Jul 25, 2015
I love this change

6 Likes

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 25, 2015
We are in for north rule in the next four years

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Afam4eva(m): 6:20am On Jul 25, 2015
This man is giving his detractors a full course meal without knowing. Except he's the one intentionally cooking the meals.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by Kinkale(m): 6:20am On Jul 25, 2015
A
Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by blackpanda: 6:21am On Jul 25, 2015
cerzo:
I always advise those that I know that once u collect u appointment letter,u better report immediately to ur duty of post..see a life tyme opportunity to be lost in such a careless manner...

Mine was collecting mine on Thursday and then decided to resume on money..when pay slip came out..mine was cut by d calculation of 5,000 a day...I lost abt 20,000 cuz of that...

But this northern govt agenda self...I tire ooo

No matter the situation some people will never believe anything can be done without wuruwuru. U started by admonishing people to do the right thing, then u ended with conspiracy theory.

Na wa o. The era of president intervening in everything is over, so wake up!

3 Likes

Re: NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG by ice25(f): 6:21am On Jul 25, 2015
Lol, I'm not surprised, not the least.

Adesina will soon come to admonish some regions to wait because there is still 6000+ appointment to make while some 'born to rules' aint suppose to be kept waiting.

Sai 'their' Buhari

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Obasanjo’s Attack On Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku / Yakubu Dogara: Corruption In PDP Made Me Rejoin APC / Yahaya Bello: I Don’t Need The Vaccine… COVID-19 Not Our Business In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.