Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,556 members, 7,770,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:41 AM

Pls I Want Someone To Give Me The Differences Between High & Low Level Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls I Want Someone To Give Me The Differences Between High & Low Level Language (1706 Views)

Differences between Software engineering and Computer science. / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding / Differences Between High & Low Level Languages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Want Someone To Give Me The Differences Between High & Low Level Language by rime: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2006
pls i want someone to give me the differences between high & low level language on computer
Re: Pls I Want Someone To Give Me The Differences Between High & Low Level Language by Bossman(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2006
High level language are languages that do not deal with the nitty gritty of the machine itself, but rather at an abstract level. For example, Java, C++, VB etc. Low level languages deal more with programming to the machine itself, en example would be Assembly. You can try google if you need more info.
Re: Pls I Want Someone To Give Me The Differences Between High & Low Level Language by dag(m): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2006
what bossman said is right, to be more explicit, low level and high level language is like pigeon english and good english, as a nigerian you understand pigeon which is the basic language so u could do local stuff like go to yaba and pick up some cool okrika with good bargains as opposed to say a whity who could ony speak good english. in this case low level can be said to be broken and high level good english. languages like assembly language are the machine language it self, but languages like c encapsulates the complexities of assembly language into whats known as the c libraries, c is actualy a low level language and it does lot of low level stuff.

i actually used c to implement an automated weighing system for a local butcher, it was a project though but u could only do stuff like that with a language thats much close to the low level interfaces. hope this primes you.

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Exams / Wp Help I Want To Change The Look Of My Site / I'm Completely Stuck And Need Help With A Javascript Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.