Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

5 Most Promising Upcoming Music Artists: In Calabar - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / 5 Most Promising Upcoming Music Artists: In Calabar (5513 Views)

Massive Promotion For Upcoming Artists / Non Controversial Nigerian Music Artists / Music Video Shoots & Promo Packages For Music Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Most Promising Upcoming Music Artists: In Calabar by Leriqx: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2015
[b] One of the great things about music is the fact that every so often you get to hear new material from new artists emerging almost every other week. While some artists always stick to a generic formula, others find new ways to create music that somehow sounds different from what we hear normally… even if it’s in the same genre.

Every year we see new artists burst into the music scene and “blow” so to speak, but before this happens these creative minds spend years under the surface grinding and improving their craft until it gets to a point where we the listeners, almost over-night, fall in love with it.

WizKid, Davido, Iyanya, IcePrince, Yemi Alade and co were all in the upcoming category just over 3 years ago. Today? They are bonafide stars that can headline shows on their own.
Today I will attempt to give you 10 Calabar upcoming acts that we feel are the most promising to watch out for in coming months or years. Some of them are already popular but not quite “blown” and some of them you probably haven’t heard of. Whatever the case, they are definitely talented enough to be with the big stars, and soon enough with all the right things falling in place, they’ll be stars in their own right.

Let’s get right to it (in alphabetical order)

FORTUNO[/b]

Nigerian prodigy RnB act “Fortuno” was born in 11th February 1998 with the name Fortunatus Ogben, has proved to us that he is here to stay, after he brought to us an introductory single titled “It’s Fortuno” he came up with another fire months ago titled
“Shaky ur Butt (#SUB)”
which is still circulating and gaining massive air plays all over the country.
He Premieres yet another Dope tune KILL SOMEBODY, which has gained massive air-circulation on Radio and Blogs, in Nigeria and Abroad, with Production credit to Ace Producer Palpeace.

JONNYKAGE

It’s Jonny! Born Jonathan Essien in 27th September 1991. Sings RnB/Afro Pop.
I must admit I wasn’t particularly moved by the first single I heard from him, Chi Chum Chin featuring Iceboxx and Upper-X. But then a few months later I heard this tune in the air, and it changed my mind a bit. Ultimately the one track that completely made me fall in love with JonnyKage was Yemi (Johnny Cover). The love hasn’t stopped since then.

I conclude he's The sugarcane voice of the South and with that kind of forward momentum, you have to feel like he’s quarter to big time.

LUMINOUS

Born Andem Andem Ekeng Popularly Known as Mr Luminous Born on the 3rd of November 1995. Is a solo artist based in Calabar.
Sings R&B, Afro Pop, and Highlife...
Luminous has been able to carve a niche for Himself ever since coming into the industry way back 2014 with his great and Rhythmic voice et'al... His single "Peace Anthem For Naija" in 2014 was nominated as best song with a message in the Top Naija Music Awards with "TOBADARUGBO" , and most recently "[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/9urykxtpsbpv8b7/Luminous%20Ekeng%20ft%20Real%20Pee%20Ajaba%20-%20FREEDOM.mp3]Freedom[/url]" Featuring musical Icon Real Pee Ajaba.

MARXY DONEE

Marxy Donee was born Marvel Eyegbe Nkanu on the 13th march 1988 to the royal family of Eval S.A. Nkanu, then Paramount ruler of Abi Local government area of Cross river state.
A rock artist! A good one too! Marxy doesn’t have a whole lot of songs under his belt, but the singles he has put out show that he is doing what a lot of people don’t do, and doing it well. Recently, pulled [url=http://wowloaded.com/music/down/34016323/2965974/YzA3YXU1aDRMOUoxNzlIYzcrWktFTWhibmw3Rzc0NGJzSE44dHlSTGNqbmxYR2pFNXc=/Marxy-Donee-Ft.-Deal-My-Lady%28http%3A%2F%2Fgenfiles.mp3]MY LADY[/url], which has massive air play around Nigeria.

SNIZZY E

Born Ekpedeme Sampson, he grew up in Calabar and currently develop his talent as an Hip Hop and Raga Dance Hall Singer.
Snizzy shows a lot of promise and being able to stand out in a genre that is as tough as nails in Nigeria is not an easy task. However, I do believe Snizzy (tha lyricist) has the ammunition to make it through, and why not? He’s already stood with the best once without falling.
Snizzy gain popularity from freestyle and Singles like Run This Gbedu, Clean Guy and most especially "Top Isin" ft. GYC gat this Act a whole lot of credits. It was an amazing evening when I heard the tune on BeatFM, this tune is dope! Search these tunes and listen to them,trust me.

So there you have it folks, 5 most promising upcoming acts out of Calabar, Nigeria.

Source: WOWLOADED

Written by: [url=twitter.com/splendor_wl]Splendor_WL[/url]
Re: 5 Most Promising Upcoming Music Artists: In Calabar by Roum(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2015
incomplete without Kelly-B
Re: 5 Most Promising Upcoming Music Artists: In Calabar by Leriqx: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
Roum:
incomplete without Kelly-B

ok na...

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Afford To Sponsor A Gospel Artist Now In Existence / Buy Your Musical Studio Equipment We Guarantee Your Satisfaction / Mxl Condenser Microphone For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.