Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi (857 Views)

This Is The “change” We Voted For By Godwin Amadi / 7 Igbos Who Could Be President Come 2019 / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi by temitopeadeyemo: 9:08am On Jul 25, 2015
I saw this post on facebook written by a man I have high regard for and I thought I should share it.

Before you read further, please read this (dis)claimer: I am from Aboh-Mbaise in Imo State. Therefore, I cannot be more Igbo than I already am. I write as one whose umbilical cord is still buried in my father’s backyard.
One way to fail in life (or in anything for that matter) is to assume with relish the position of a victim. A dictionary defines victim as “an aggrieved or disadvantaged party.” The dictionary on my phone puts it this way: “an unfortunate person who suffers from adverse circumstances.” Show me a man who believes another man is his problem, and I will show you an eternal mediocre. Likewise, show me a region that blames its political and economic misery on other regions, and I will show a region that will produce a president only by luck. Unfortunately, the last goodluck was misused by a man who added, of all names, “Azikiwe” to his name.
It is atypical of a proper Igbo man (in this piece, words relating to one gender shall include the other gender) to feel sorry for himself. A real Igbo man likes profuse apologies while he takes territories, but he does not like being an object of the word “sorry” when it is said in reference to his pain and suffering. An Igbo man would rather die than to cry in public – we sniff back tears and confront what confronts us. The famed Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart is the quintessential Igbo man. God bless Chinua Achebe!
This craze for this brand of Biafra is a clear sign that our Igbo values have been diluted to the shame of some. Odimegwu Ojukwu will be cringing in his grave because his Biafra has been scoffed at by idiots and bastards – those who do not know how to use and ride on another’s pride and honour. How dare you desecrate what Biafra stands for! How dare you make a joke of a people’s resolve to survive against great odds! How dare you dance on the graves of millions – the least of whom your best can never equal! You are a charlatan and only misfits subscribe to your ideals.
Who are you in Igbo land? Who is your father? What are your antecedents? What are you fighting for? Who is fighting by your side? You think Igbos are maginalised and victimised? By whom? By an Hausa man or a Yoruba man or an Ijaw man or a white man? If you so think, then, your Igboness is in serious doubt. If you think anyone is standing in the way of Igbos in this country, then your brain is lighter than your skin. Worse still, those who follow you are as untaught and demented as Shakarau.
Using your ubiquitous radio station, you preach hate and fear among your own people – while you live abroad. I will never support your divisive agenda. I am a victor and you cannot, by your show of shame, ascribe to me a victim mindset. In your contrived happiest moments, may the realization that the likes of me are not with you bring your ecstasy to an abrupt end. You will go down as a man whose only legacy is to establish a radio station listened to by only those who are angry with themselves and the world around them.
You may have a million lightheaded and perplexed supporters, but when the chips are down, you will be standing alone. Only that you would have succeeded in defiling the Biafra that gave pride and honour to Ndi Igbo.
Get a life while you still can!

https://www.facebook.com/godwin.amadi.3/posts/10205689645775246?fref=nf

1 Like

Re: This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi by saxwizard(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi by GidisFinest: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2015
This is how Oche Joseph Otorkpa Reports the news
“Going by election results, constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair”

This is what PMB said

"(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair."....

"But by the constitutions, no state can be excluded from Government. So there is no way, even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me. They have the protection of the government and I have made an undertaking that I belong to everybody ,belong to nobody. If I cant clearly ensure or marginalize certain group because they didn't vote for me then I am already contradicting myself and I am sure people will be too quick to pick that"

[img][/img]

Re: This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi by wakaman: 9:53am On Jul 25, 2015
This piece explains it all.
the clamor for biafra by nnamdi kanu is a farce and a fraud.
this renewed clamor is being pursued by low life, irresponsible and criminal igbo elements.

1 Like

Re: This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi by Rose2014: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2015
Though the article is from a Yoruba man however it's still on point

I agree that Biafra is the voice of the poor and the oppressed masses and not for the so called rich polithiefthians who are only interested in their pockets. Despite the oil, Imagine an average nigerian surviving on less than $2 a day. Biafra seeks to address the need of the poor and not the rich

God bless the federal republic of Biafra

Re: This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2015
Oh, A man can't speak for us all.
Re: This Biafra Is For Igbos Who See Themselves As Victims- Godwin Amadi by Rose2014: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2015
chuna1985:
Oh, A man can't speak for us all.
How do we know the writer is biafran?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Captain Koli? (photo) / Shocking!!!!oshomole Mortgaging Edo As Monthly Loan Repayment Hit N500m -PDP / Man Insults Monarch In Facebook, Bags 30yrs In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.